Someone Explain This To Me.

Super Crazy

CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
When I first moved here, my grandparents/relatives would call all the time, now I've never been much of one for social interaction, even with my family, I'm not quite sure why, but I just feel like I have nothing to say a lot of time. So anyway, it's even worse over the phone, evidenced by the fact that when they would call, my sister would be the one to stay on the phone with them. I don't know, I'm just an uptight, keep to myself kind of person. But anyway, so tonight, my grandfather on my dad's side calls, and once again, decides to do nothing but rag on me.

This is basically the extent of the conversation :

Him : Do you know who this is?
Me : My grandfather
Him: Your grandfather, what's his name?
Me : Al
Him : Good you know that, do you know the name of the man who invented the telephone?
Me : Yes.
Him : Do you know how to use a telephone?
Me : Yes.
Him: How come you never call then?

and he continued to go off on me, even going as far to yet again insult me on my choice of taking time off after high school. Really, it's not my fault I don't know what to do with myself. It's a hard choice to decide what to do with oneself for a career path.

He then tried to use my relationship with my other grandparents/side of the family against me, as I've always been much closer with my mom's side, as my dad's side of the family, never really liked my mom. I think it had something to do with the whole Jewish marrying Catholic thing, but I digress. So anyway, he asked if I talk to them often, and I said no, and continued to tell him how they say they call all the time but I'm never home. At which point he actually raised his voice at me and I had to repeat myself 5 times in saying that they don't call often either, they just claim that they do.

Personally, I don't see why they get so mad at me for not keeping in touch with them. It works both ways really, if they want me to call them, maybe they should call me. I'm really sick and tired of my whole family making me feel like I'm alienating them, when really, I'm trying not to. It's just hard to try to be apart of someone's life when they live so far away, as when I come down to visit, I feel almost like I'm not even a part of the family anymore.

And sorry to you guys, the Wrestlezone Bar Flies, who I know have read many of my threads about my personal issues, but seriously, I'm tired of the crap I get from my family.

Essentially, my granddad on my father's side, like's to be an ass about our lack of communication. And as much as I would like to pull the works both ways line with him, he'd just get grumpy and bitchier with me. He's basically as insulting as my dad, but to a lesser extent.

Tell him to get an email account, and keep in touch with him that way. That way, you can ignore anything that you don't want to respond to.

He's too old to understand how to use an email or a computer. Seriously, I don't think he could use one even if he tried.

He'll just side with his dad. Oh well, I guess the way I can look at it is, my grandfather says what my dad thinks. No big deal I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back