Some Experiences And Observations Of An American Tourist In Southern England

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I'll list a few observations now, and a few more when I can better collect my thoughts.

1) Cliveden is awesome. Expensive, but awesome (I skipped dinner at Waldo's, as I already planned on visiting one restaurant in England that would take major coin out of my pocket). I spent two days in Berkshire, one day just roaming the expanse of this hotel's Eden-like expanse. Those assholes at Stanford were lucky as shit to have Cliveden as an overseas site for some years. The other day in Berkshire I spent at Windsor Castle. The royalty in England have it made, but, I'm still at a loss as to what they exactly did to deserve everything they have.

2) The just aforementioned thought resurfaced as I next visited Osborne House on the Isle Of Wight. I decided to only spend one day on the Isle, given that I wanted to spend an extra day in London. But, I can see why so many people come here to vacation/holiday in the summer. For all the British on this site: is a summer better spent on the Isle of Wight or in the Hebrides?

3) After the Isle of Wight, I headed back up north to spend two days in Oxfordshire. Those *****, just like the ones at Stanford who got to spend time at Cliveden in the 1970s, seem to me to have it made. I would have killed to take a spot at one of Oxford's colleges. Also, the food at Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons almost made me cream my pants. I don't think I will ever have better food in my lifetime. It was well worth the 100 pounds.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1413218 said:
I'll list a few observations now, and a few more when I can better collect my thoughts.

1) Cliveden is awesome. Expensive, but awesome (I skipped dinner at Waldo's, as I already planned on visiting one restaurant in England that would take major coin out of my pocket). I spent two days in Berkshire, one day just roaming the expanse of this hotel's Eden-like expanse. Those assholes at Stanford were lucky as shit to have Cliveden as an overseas site for some years. The other day in Berkshire I spent at Windsor Castle. The royalty in England have it made, but, I'm still at a loss as to what they exactly did to deserve everything they have.

2) The just aforementioned thought resurfaced as I next visited Osborne House on the Isle Of Wight. I decided to only spend one day on the Isle, given that I wanted to spend an extra day in London. But, I can see why so many people come here to vacation/holiday in the summer. For all the British on this site: is a summer better spent on the Isle of Wight or in the Hebrides?

3) After the Isle of Wight, I headed back up north to spend two days in Oxfordshire. Those *****, just like the ones at Stanford who got to spend time at Cliveden in the 1970s, seem to me to have it made. I would have killed to take a spot at one of Oxford's colleges. Also, the food at Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons almost made me cream my pants. I don't think I will ever have better food in my lifetime. It was well worth the 100 pounds.

:suspic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back