• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So, what's the deal, Seth?

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
In the past month, I was one of the people ranting about wanting the 'Seth Protected by Committee' angle to stop. It seems it had gone on too long and was the same sold soup every show; Seth couldn't go to the concession stands for a soda without his soldiers behind him.

So, I was encouraged when Seth started asking to go it alone, figuring it would finally break his character out of 'cowardly champion' mode and begin to depict him as the superior performer he is. Whether he stayed heel or turned face didn't really matter; things needed to change......and they did!

Triple H supported Seth's wishes and Rollins cleanly beat Dean Ambrose at the PPV. Finally, he was becoming his own man.

Last night's events seemingly changed everything back to the way they were. Seth's 'legion of protectors' returned to the fold, even Kane who may or may not have fully bought into it. If so, Kane's return would be a shame; the gradual disintegration of his relationship with the Authority was one of the more interesting developments, imo, and I wonder if WWE Creative has simply decided to abandon the angle......or pick it up later.

What do you think? Is this re-formation of Seth's crew going to go down the same path again? Is it to be something temporary? Are Kane, Noble, Mercury.....and even Mr. & Mrs. Levesque going to treat Seth with less
respect because he apparently "chickened out" on his plans for independence? (That could be interesting])

How does it all involve Brock Lesnar? Everything now points to his becoming a face, right? Will he enlist aid in fighting the Authority during his program with Seth Rollins? (Orton & Cena?) Or will Brock remain the ultimate loner, as he's been since returning to WWE a few years ago?

For that matter, are they going to ignore the fact Brock is still under suspension? Stephanie spoke of Lesnar last night but didn't mention it, did she?

For that matter, are they going to ignore the fact Brock is still under suspension? Stephanie spoke of Lesnar last night but didn't mention it, did she?

That's WWE's MO. If they want to drop something they'll pretend it never happened and expect us to do the same.

As far as the band getting back together, so to speak, I think this is to protect Rollins because everyone knows in a straight up match Lesnar will completely own him. It makes sense that he would need help against Lesnar, whereas Ambrose, as crazy as he is, shouldn't require 4 guys to defeat him. Rollins, for all his confidence in being able to do this on his own, should logically be seeking help against someone who can destroy everything and everyone. I don't see Rollins losing his title and this is the best way WWE can have him keep the belt. Once the threat of Lesnar is gone, I think they'll go back to having Rollins do this on his own. Let's not forget, who would Sheamus, as a heel, feel he has a better chance of taking the title off of? A "small fella" like Rollins, or a guy who can easily match up with and possibly even best Sheamus in height, strength, ability and power like Lesnar?

I would think that, pending on the seriousness of Nobel's injury and how many dates Brock is supposed to work, this could lead to the WWE throwing an audible in the plans and instead of Rollins having a full deck going into Battlegrounds, Lesnar slowly decimates Seth's support group week by week leaving him to go at it alone anyway. He's always said these last few weeks that he doesn't need his flunkies to beat Lesnar so maybe he says he'll still go it alone with the expectation that Kane, Jamie, & Joey will know when to save the day. I don't know how I feel about it just yet but I'll be interested in seeing whether they use The Authority to further the humanization of Brock Lesnar or this angle makes Brock more of a beast by the end of the PPV.

IMO WWE isn't dropping the angle. I think it's just Triple H playing mind games with Rollins. Going into the match with Lesnar, Rollins would think he has a huge advantage because of the Authority, or maybe he asks to do it solo.

Either way. This is just Triple H building Rollins' confidence, only to turn on him after the Battleground PPV. A PPV which I believe Rollins doesn't walk out as the champ. Why? Because of HHH vs Rollins at Summerslam.

Either Lesnar wins and after the match HHH comes down and gives Rollins a beating, saying the next night that he was tired of Rollins being weak, or, MITB contract holder Sheamus cashes in, mid-match or after the match, on Seth Rollins. Giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Triple H's reason for screwing both Lesnar and Rollins is simple: Both men had it coming. He was tired of always backing Rollins up and Brock Lesnar just happened to be there when the cash in happened. Lesnar destroyed everyone in his path 3 months ago. HHH couldn't let this pass and give Lesnar the title again.

All that leads to HHH vs Rollins & Sheamus vs Lesnar at Summerslam.

So yeah, right now, I don't think the Authority is really backing up Rollins. It's just a mind game, before the betrayal. HHH has history of playing the good guy before turning on someone (Austin, HBK, Orton). This element could be used for his rivalry with Rollins heading into Summerslam.

I think it's only temporary, something big is going to happen around SummerSlam time with this angle. The reformation of the Authority is probably just so Seth has help to beat Lesnar at Battleground, those guys are the only way Seth will retain, he won't get a clean victory over Lesnar, and you figure Seth should keep the title in this scenario. Don't see why they would put the title back on Lesnar right now.

I think the reformation of the authority was a good move. Seth cant go at it alone with Brock and he needs his henchmen. Rollins winning with the authority's help is a must and it honestly would do good by brock if he just demolished everyone but still lost, which is what im hoping for.

This issue is simple if you follow WWE's crappy feud booking formula

Lesnar is a babyface
Therefore he must overcome the all the odds like a hero(despite the fact that he is about 60lbs of muscle heavier than Seth)
Therefore Seth must put obstacles in Brocks path
Therefore Seth uses the guys who protected him for months
This means that Lesnar must not just overcome Seth but Kane and J&J
As Noble was taken out of Raw on a stretcher (kayfabe or legit) Lesnar has eliminate one obstacle
Lesnar will now take out Kane and Mercury before a 1 v 1 Match with Rollins
Rollins will either prove himself or get destroy (creatives choice)

If Lesnar was the heel and Rollins the face he would be going at it by himself but as Lesnar is the face WWE's formula dictates that despite him being the beast and conquering he must overcome the odds and due to Rollins size he needs other people to be the obstacles Brock must overcome and that left 2 options Authority or Shield and they picked Authority. I imagine that by Battleground Brock would have destroyed Kane and Mercury and Rollins will be by himself

I, personally, believe that the reuniting of the "family" is only until Lesnar goes away - or drops out of the title hunt. Then Seth will go back to proving he is THE man, and win his matches by himself, but he'll probably be a little nicer to Kane and J&J.

I agree, Seth is an amazing performer and I was so glad that he was beginning to stop playing a cowardly heel and be the true star he is.. but, sadly, Creative ruined that.

The Authority, at least Triple H, will continue to support him. Because, as Hunter said, a smart man would fear Brock Lesnar. So, he can't really blame Seth for wanting his "family" back when he's going up against the Beast.

What do you think? Is this re-formation of Seth's crew going to go down the same path again? Is it to be something temporary? Are Kane, Noble, Mercury.....and even Mr. & Mrs. Levesque going to treat Seth with less
respect because he apparently "chickened out" on his plans for independence? (That could be interesting])

I personally think this is just a temporary solution to making Rollins seem like a viable opponent to Brock Lesnar. Kane and J&J didn't seem completely sold on Seth even after his apology but I believe they helped him as a favor to HHH and Steph. If Seth walks out of BG as champ (which I don't see happening) I don't expect this reunion to continue.

If the rumored SS match between HHH and Seth Rollins comes to fruition, I just don't see how Seth walks out with the strap. With all the "ash or diamond" talk from HHH, it doesn't make much sense to have Seth win and STILL have HHH turn on him. Why would he? He always talks about his "investment" in Seth, so beating Brock Lesnar would make that investment viable, no? I'm interested to see where this goes.

How does it all involve Brock Lesnar? Everything now points to his becoming a face, right? Will he enlist aid in fighting the Authority during his program with Seth Rollins? (Orton & Cena?) Or will Brock remain the ultimate loner, as he's been since returning to WWE a few years ago?

I think Brock is going to be finished with The Authority after Battleground and WWE will move on and focus on HHH/Seth (IF it happens). It's hard to say at this point... You really have to see the outcome of the title match at BG to make any sort of plausible guess.

I BELIEVE WWE cleared that up on Raw. I could be mistaken but wasn't that why Brock apologized to JBL and Cole? Even so, I'd assume HHH and Steph lifted his suspension because they are the ones that chose him for Rollins after all.

I personally think this is just a temporary solution to making Rollins seem like a viable opponent to Brock Lesnar.

That could very well be the case, but if the company's idea is to make Seth Rollins appear as if he wouldn't dare step into the ring with Brock without his security people, it again makes me wonder how folks could have considered sticking Daniel Bryan in with Brock, one-on-one. Can you imagine how it would have looked? If Seth isn't considered physically capable of handling Brock alone, how was Danny gonna do it?

I'd also like to go back on my previous idea of having Brock unofficially team with good guys like Orton & Cena to oppose the Authority. First, Cena is too involved with Kevin Owens to get involved with Brock, Seth and the Authority. Second, I believe Brock's entire persona revolves around handling things by himself. As we saw Monday night, nobody's coming out to help him if people gang up on him.

On the other hand, I'd love to see Brock, Orton & Cena battling on the same side. It would be an uneasy alliance, at best....but man, what a sight!

I could be mistaken but wasn't that why Brock apologized to JBL and Cole? Even so, I'd assume HHH and Steph lifted his suspension because they are the ones that chose him for Rollins after all.

Yes, that could be it......but for heaven's sake, tell us about it! With all the talking Stephanie and Triple H like to do, can't they announce that Brock's suspension is lifted? Maybe this Monday night.

As it is, the Levesques' didn't order Brock to apologize....Paul Heyman did, probably in the hope Lesnar's punishment would be lifted......but that doesn't yet make it official.

Well, it's all show business, anyway. It's not as if Brock's going to stay suspended.

I'm thinking that this all serves one ultimate purpose. To get the freshly signed to a new long term deal Brock Lesnar as over as possible. I think he will be taking out authority members up until the match itself, or he will basically have to fight them all at battleground.

From what I gathered the suspension is over, Assuming HHH and Steph are telling the kayfabe truth, they lifted the suspension on Lesnar so that he could challenge an over confident Seth Rollins, on the condition that he apologize to the people he destroyed on his way out. But one glaring omission for me was the camera man, he got no apology.

I can see a way to do both here, get Brock over the moon and bring in a less cowardly Seth Rollins...

Despite having Kane, Joey, and whoever else shows up to help, Brock beats Rollins for the title. After the match HHH comes out and tells Rollins that he sucks and he doesn't want him anymore. Then the Authority proceeds to beat down Rollins, maybe even keeping him off tv for a week or two. The when Rollins gets back he can take on the Authority in a SCSA fashion.

Seth lacks depht of his character. The best thing for him to do, is a slow face turn, and then turn heel again and get rid of the authortity.

Seth need his own stable. Authoirty is dragging him down. Triple H ego need to stop.

Hell, even Triple H gave Seth the pedigree as a finisher. Seth Rollins need his own finisher and character.

Fuck Triple H.

I enjoy the coward-heel role Seth is playing, it's perfect! Everyone here keeps saying it's hurting his credibility, and he needs to be a singles guy... Nah, that's no fun. We already have enough of that. Nice to see a corporate champ again. Reminds me of the 90s faction, The Corporation, where everyone would help it's members win.

I especially like how he refers to himself as the greatest WWE champion of all time. Lol. Knows how to work a crowd.

HHH turns on Rollins, Batista & Orton return, corner Rollins. Lights drop.

Sierra. Hotel. Indigo. Echo. Lima. Delta.

Lights come back up, Rollins flanked by Ambrose & Reigns.

Shield reunion, double turn, Batista return, crowd goes bananas.

Epic Summerslam moment.

I don't know if this is off-topic, but I don't want to start a new thread about this...I have just watched raw and seen Seth using the preddigre rather than the kerb stomp? When I first saw Seth using the kerb stomp-I thought it was a very dangerous move (back of someone's head is the most fragile part of the body) And if I was a child I would be copying this with my friends ( playing wrestling ) all I ever done as a child was the stone cold stunner, rock bottom and the people's elbow - these are much safer moves than the kerb stomp! But back to my point...I wonder if wwe has told Seth not to use this move, as it is pretty dangerous if a child copy's ths move on their friends?

I don't know if this is off-topic, but I don't want to start a new thread about this...I have just watched raw and seen Seth using the preddigre rather than the kerb stomp? When I first saw Seth using the kerb stomp-I thought it was a very dangerous move (back of someone's head is the most fragile part of the body) And if I was a child I would be copying this with my friends ( playing wrestling ) all I ever done as a child was the stone cold stunner, rock bottom and the people's elbow - these are much safer moves than the kerb stomp! But back to my point...I wonder if wwe has told Seth not to use this move, as it is pretty dangerous if a child copy's ths move on their friends?

He was told to stop using the curb-stomp about a month or so ago. I believe it happened when they were hit with lawsuits by some former wrestlers regarding concussion issues.

It was pretty widely reported and if you do a Google search I'm sure you can find out more information.

I won't even touch on the fact, that kids shouldn't be doing any of these moves at all. If you don't know what you're doing someone could get hurt badly. Even the WWE Superstars advise you 'Not to try this at home" in their PSA's.

Rollins has only been heel for like a year. It's too soon to turn him back face. They've spent a lot of time building him as the ultimate chicken shit heel. Why do we want to flush that away already?

If he starts fighting his own battles, the fans will gain respect for him and start cheering him and that would lead to a face turn. Too soon. They need to do what they have to do to keep him hated.

He is playing his role great. Ric Flair even had the horseman to help him out in matches or he would use a foreign object.

As others have said, it's just The Authority playing mind games with Rollins. Triple H wants to make Rollins think he has The Authority on his side before ultimately turning on him.

As for The Authority bringing back Brock Lesnar, it was pretty obvious to me why they did. They want to test Seth Rollins, they want to see if he truly is the future, so they did the unthinkable, bring Lesnar back from suspension to provide the ultimate test for Rollins.

Rollins has only been heel for like a year. It's too soon to turn him back face. They've spent a lot of time building him as the ultimate chicken shit heel. Why do we want to flush that away already?

If he starts fighting his own battles, the fans will gain respect for him and start cheering him and that would lead to a face turn. Too soon. They need to do what they have to do to keep him hated.

Why can't there be a heel that looks strong and gets booed? He didn't get cheered at Money in the Bank when he looked strong, so that situation disproves your logic.

Why can't there be a heel that looks strong and gets booed? He didn't get cheered at Money in the Bank when he looked strong, so that situation disproves your logic.

Because fans will cheer him.

Just because they didn't cheer him over Ambrose(who they like) in ONE match doesn't disprove anything.

With any kind of sustained "respectable heel who fights his own battles straight up, wins, and is awesome in the ring" type booking, he'll start getting cheered. Especially once he goes against a face that the fans are either lukewarm or split on.(Cena, Reigns, Ryback, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back