• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So my friend tricked me into...

Tiger Chaos Theory

You ain't drawin' shit!
Going to an awful post-hardcore bands show Wednesday night. Not only were the bands a thousand times worse than he told me they would be (unintelligible scream + breakdown = music?), during the second-to-last bands set, the lead singer asked everyone to put there head down and hold up their right hands to pray along with him.

Now, because I waited three hours to get a spot up against the barricade, it was very easy for the bands bassist to see me not chant along (as everyone else behind me seemed to be doing it). The awkward glance we had while they prayed was likely the most awkward staring that has ever taken place in my life.

Two things I learned :
1) I don't care if I sound like an elitist snob, but metalcore and post-hardcore are the worst genres of music in existence today. Every band that played sounded exactly alike with the exception of one who had some nice melodic vocals in between their roaring.

2) I have no friends.

What's Metalcore? Death Metal?

Hardcore + metal. Or as its known today, scream and play your guitar fast and hope people don't realize your set list is basically all the same song. Dillinger Escape Plan should be ashamed to have breed this garbage.

I take that back, its not their fault 14 year olds' bastardized their music.

If you were atheist, you would believe Jesus would know anything anymore, he would just have decomposed and become part of the earth long ago.

But in reality now Jesus hates you and you shall spend eternity in hell.

A Metalcore band? Praying? Hypocrisy much? What was it like?

*Loud, annoying roar* Dear Loooooaoaoaoaord! In the fuauaucking heavens above! *random snarl*.

A Metalcore band? Praying? Hypocrisy much? What was it like?

*Loud, annoying roar* Dear Loooooaoaoaoaord! In the fuauaucking heavens above! *random snarl*.

Apparently, there are quite a few Christian based (lyrically that is) Post-Hardcore and metalcore bands out today. Probably the best way to wrangle up the teeny-bopper fans that swarm and "two-step" at the shows.

And no, he straight up stopped playing, said "Ye raise your hands in eternal graciousness of they lord and Savior jesus christ." Then had a speech about how great god is and how god helped them then started roaring again.

Yeah, from what I understand the Christian Metal scene is serious business. And yeah, I don't get it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back