• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So, Kenny Omega VS Chris Jericho

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
Wow.

It was pretty good match and while I am not a fan of Omega doing anime style dialogue delivery mid match like 'you will not escape', this was a solid slobberknocker.

I am surprised Jericho took all those bumps.

I was hoping he was going to legit win and be a shock NJPW signing. Only saw highlights which were really good highlights as they worked well together and told a good story inside the ring.

Ignoring Jericho breaking the pin via a rope-break, when they were highlight how "rope breaks won't work" and even went as far as to have Omega pull a spray under the ring in order to break a submission hold, the match was f a n t a s t i c.

Definately better than Okada vs Naito.

I know the match was good, because I literally hated Chris during the match and even went as far as to say "fuck you Jericho" when he went through a table.

Gotta love big match Chris, though.

Ignoring Jericho breaking the pin via a rope-break, when they were highlight how "rope breaks won't work" and even went as far as to have Omega pull a spray under the ring in order to break a submission hold, the match was f a n t a s t i c.

Definately better than Okada vs Naito.

I know the match was good, because I literally hated Chris during the match and even went as far as to say "fuck you Jericho" when he went through a table.

Gotta love big match Chris, though.

Actually in a no disqualification match, rope-breaks still exist in pinfall atempts and submissions. The rule is, if you're beneath the bottom rope, then you are for all intents and purposes outside of the ring therefore the pin cannot be counted, because it's not a "Falls Count Anywhere". The submission means that even if you quit with your hand beneath the bottom rope, that will not count. However the adversary isn't forced to stop the hold as the referee will not count to 5 for the DQ.

Usually it's implicit with No-DQ matches that rope breaks and count outs are void, so for me the spot that took me out of the action was the near count out of Omega when both men had been duelling beyond the barricade for like 5 minutes. Yeah, you can hit a guy with anything you can find but be quick about it!

I can figure the rope break because you can argue that Jericho broke the hold not because he had to, but because he knew that with Omega holding on to the ropes, he wouldn't get him to submit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back