So I hurt myself in the gym this morning

Fire Marshall Bill

Let me show ya somethin!!!
Anyone know exactly what muscle I pulled/strained?

I was doing squats and on a rep I came back up and felt like something popped in my back. It was hard to tell if there was a sound because I wear headphones. At first it hurt to breathe but that has subsided for the most part. It hurts when I twist or try to lean sideways. It hurts a lot to pick up weights. Not so much the leaning down to do it, but the pressure the added weight is doing to my back. I know because I picked up some dumbbells off the rack (about waist height) and it hurt like hell on my back. If I keep my back straight the pain is very minimal.

I have ruled out my lower back. It doesn't hurt at all and to even test it I did some back extensions completely pain free.

Any ideas?

Could it be the multifidus muscle? It goes along the entire lenght of your back, generally used to spread weight evenly along your spine and keep you straight? Could explain why it hurts when you add weights to the equation.

http://www.coreconcepts.com.sg/mcr/multifidus-smallest-yet-most-powerful-muscle/

There's some info on it, and a means of isolating it! Hope that helps!

I've had something similar before, though i dont remember how i got it (something to do with a shovel I think). If its the same as I had it should only hurt a day or two!

Could it be the multifidus muscle? It goes along the entire lenght of your back, generally used to spread weight evenly along your spine and keep you straight? Could explain why it hurts when you add weights to the equation.

http://www.coreconcepts.com.sg/mcr/multifidus-smallest-yet-most-powerful-muscle/

There's some info on it, and a means of isolating it! Hope that helps!

I've had something similar before, though i dont remember how i got it (something to do with a shovel I think). If its the same as I had it should only hurt a day or two!

It's worth a check. My thoughts though are that it could be one of my erector muscles. The pain seems to be in the middle of my back. I was talking to a guy I work with. He was saying this has happened to him multiple times (whether it's the same muscle, I don't know). He said the pain usually goes away after 5 or so days of rest. I'm going to try that first. Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah. That's the plateus maximus, or maybe the tracheus minor. I can't say more despite my years of professional experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back