• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown In 2002 Was Fucking Amazing.

Y-2-Jay

Pre-Show Stalwart
I got the full 2002 year for Smackdown on DVD a while ago and seriously it was just a great show to watch while RAW gave us Katie Vick and a more storyline show Smackdown gave us some awesome wrestling with STORY!!!!

Here are my favourite matches from 2002 Smackdown

Edge Vs Eddie No DQ match September 26th
Angle Vs Edge Vs Benoit Vs Eddie December 5th
Edge Vs Angle Cage Match May
Edge Vs Jericho Cage Match June
Jericho Vs Hogan May 2nd (Yes Jericho got a good match out of Hogan hell looking back HHH and Angle also got very good matches out of him that year)
Edge/Hogan Vs Billy/Chuck July 4th (Amazing pop for Hogan and Edge. Edge over as fuck here)
Angle Vs Cena June 27th (Debut match was pretty good i remember being on the edge thinking "THIS ROOKIE MIGHT BEAT HIM!!!!")
Kurt Angle Vs Undertaker July 4th
Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs. The Rock & Edge August 1st
Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero 25th July
Edge/Triple H vs. Kurt Angle/Chris Jericho 16th May (Again Edge was seriously over here)

Check all of these matches out they are very good matches.

Yeah what Stinger said. The era of the "Smackdown Six" (Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Edge, and Chavo Guerrero) produced amazing results on a weekly basis. I mean Jesus Christ just look at those six names, on the same show, constantly having awesome matches with everyone else in rotation. I'd kill for that today in the WWE or TNA or even ROH.

Smackdown was last really great probably in the summer of '09 in my eyes. Jericho, Mysterio, Punk, Hardy, Morrison, Ziggler and others were having great matches on a weekly basis.

2002 was pretty good but I never thought much about Smackdown in 2003. Not having a midcard title for the first half of the year really hurt plus Edge being injured. It was pretty much Lesnar and Angle with Big Show thrown in there every now and then. I did like Lesnar as a heel in 2003 more than I did in 2002.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back