• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammiversary: Petey Williams vs. Kaz

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
TNA X DIVISION TITLE MATCH
"Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey WIlliams (c) vs. Kaz

This match if Petey is healthy enough to even compete could be the one that steals the show at Slammiversary. Though this could be the match were Kaz finally gets some gold as he was being pushed to the moon when he was feuding with Cage, but then he was paired with Eric and the pushed seemed to stall. With Petey they have given him a character change and it hasn't done much for it expect getting the gold as other than that he still not in the limelight much. I expect TNA not to build this match up, but I can see the actually matching being a show stealer if Petey doesnt have Kahn with him at ringside and if he does then who knows. But with Petey getting hurt before I can see Kaz picking up the win.

Will this be another match that TNA don't deliver on? If Petey is injured then why don't they just strip him of the title and have a match for the vacant title at this show. Sounds perfectly acceptable to me. It's better than Kaz defeating him in a quick squash.

If Petey is good to go then I'm intrested in this match. It's different. Now it is anyway. It'll probably be on the next 6 PPV's after.

I thought Petey had been stripped of the title because of that injury....

I agree this could be brilliant but it could flop.I still mark out for the Destroyer but apart from that i find Petey a little too one dimensional.

Kaz looked great at Genesis with Cage. It was a shame his push stalled but i find that is such the norm with TNA if you have not been "up north" first.

In a way i was quite surprised that if Kaz is getting another push, that he is not featuring in the KOTM, but the X division suits him much better.

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. TNA is at it's absolute best when they just let the guys get in the ring and wrestle, and this could be their best chance on the card to do so. These two have almost next to no chance of getting a good story built up, and I think that's the best way to go. These two have shown they can go in the ring, and that's what will be the best route for them. Both are entertaining and good workers, with Kaz being the likely winner here. He hasn't had any gold in forever, and this would be perfect for him and could cause the X title to be brought into the mainstream somewhat.

Kaz is in the main event of the last PPV, and in the X-Division match in this one. Great way to capitalize on what happened last month. Thing is that it was established at Sacrifice that he'd be in this match, thus rendering his appearence in the main event even more pointless. Unless you think he added star power to the match. If you did then David Arquette is your favorite wrestler.

If you did then David Arquette is your favorite wrestler.

I like wrasslin'...

Anyways.. I'm unlike some of the nay-sayer's out there who claim Kaz doesn't have what it takes to become a Main Eventer. The guy isn't polished on mic skills worth a shit, but are you seriously telling me guys like Samoa Plain are? Or former World Heavyweight "greats" like Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, or even Bobby Lashley were? No.. sometimes, skill can even out mic talent. And if it helps, give him a manager. (pointless to me, albeit)

Anyways, thats another arguement for another thread. Regarding this match, I'm a bit unsure on what to think. Petey Williams injury, I could've swore was going to keep him out for a couple monthes. (not weeks) And they switched the TerrorDome match around like at least 3-4 different times in saying it wasn't for the X-Division title, then it was, then it wasn't, etc, etc.. I don't honestly think they know where Petey's at, health-wise.

Furthermore, whenever a guy returns from injury, assuming Williams WON'T work house show matches before the Pay Per View, or even if he only works a couple.. their first spotlight match back isn't the best. (ie. Mysterio v. Guerrero - Summerslam)

While Kaz has been X-Division Champion before (to my knowledge, unless I'm mistaking him with Micheal Shane and Chris Saban, which I know they were) having him in this division is still somewhat hurting him. Its kinda like Samoa Joe, a couple years back. Joe was primed for a Main Event push, then ended up winning the X-Division Championship as a result, which took him completely out of the title picture.

Now you have Joe finally as World Champion, (years after he was apparently "ready") and people hate it. I'd really hope to not see the same result with Kaz. Although Kaz is nowhere as near as being over, as Joe is.

Either way, if this match between Williams & Kaz were with both guys at 100%, it'd be amazing. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll be that way. So only time will tell on whether it'll be worth anything or not.

Anyways.. I'm unlike some of the nay-sayer's out there who claim Kaz doesn't have what it takes to become a Main Eventer. The guy isn't polished on mic skills worth a shit, but are you seriously telling me guys like Samoa Plain are?

Joe is a bit bland mic wise. But he can talk. Nothing special. He's never going to out talk The Rock. But he can cut a promo. He's also ugly so it helps. Ugly people are more intimidating, thus they don't need to ge electric on the mic.

Or former World Heavyweight "greats" like Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, or even Bobby Lashley were? No.. sometimes, skill can even out mic talent. And if it helps, give him a manager. (pointless to me, albeit)

Goldberg & Lesnar had plenty. They were also triple Kaz's size. Same with Lashley. Anybody can talk better than Lashley, even Kaz. But Bobby had the body.

Oh and one more important thing. Solid consistent pushes. Kaz hasn't been pushed in 6 months. Unless you consider getting a couple of wins over Black Reign a push.

This could go either way if Petey is healthy then this should be a good match its nice to see two fresh stars face off for the X title instead of always seeing Lethal against someone. So pleae TNA done fail us now. I dont have a clue whose going to win this. I see Kaz winning because of hsi build up recently and I see Petey retaining because again of his build up, either way im not fussed but I think Kaz needs some gold for once and I think this could be the moment. Should be good to watch non the less and I think Petey will retain.

Kaz isn't being primsed for the main event. He's a toss in when they need him, nothing else. Kaz should be in the X division, that's where he's best suited and where he can do his best work. He's not a main eventer and having him there will do nothing for anyone he faces, or for ratings, because he lacks star power, charisma, and many other things. All he can do is X division wrestling, so give him X division wrestling.

Instead of this match shouldn't he be in the King Of The Mountain? Why did they decide to put him in the Sacrifice main event over the other wrestlers in that match? It doesn't make any sense. Sure it would have been fine if they were going to renew his main event push. But they aren't. He's back as a X-Division wrestler. That is until somebody else can't wrestle in an advertised main event. Instead of getting somebody who's a better fit, they'll get Kaz. 'Cus hey, he made a good showing at the last match he was chucked into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back