• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammiversary: L.A.X. vs. Team 3D

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Latin American Xchange vs. Team 3D

Err, this happened last year. So why are they booking it again? Can anybody answer this? Disco probably can. But his opinion is like my ex wife, nothing to me. There are planty of teams L.A.X. could be facing. Yet TNA decide to do this over again. I might be wrong, but it wasn't that great the first time around. To a degree I can understand they doing Angle & Joe over again. It's not like they have much choice. But to this again, well it boggles me. Why don't they have L.A.X. face one of the new teams that was formed during the tag tournament? Oh no wait. That was totally pointless, no new teams were made.

I agree when I saw TNA going this way I groaned. But it is different in a couple of ways. 1) The roles are switched so that'll be a little more entertaining.
2) Who has the most heel heat right now in the company? I would say Team 3d. Maybe Angle but people are still out there cheering him. Most people are booing the crap out of Team 3d.
3) Team 3D has been away from the title picture for awhile now as has LAX. so its a bit refreshing. Not much but a bit.

A champion's first title defence should always be against a tough opponent to set a tone for them. If they face off against the rock-n-rave infection and beat them it's no big deal cause they're the rock-n-rave infection. Likewises if you face off against Team 3-d and beat them you've accomplished something. It may have been done before but what team would better than Team 3-d to give lax a tough match?

It shows a total lack of imagination having them face Team 3D again. Sure they're the biggest team in the company. But that's not really saying much. Slammiversary is supposed to be a big show. Despite what TNA say it's bigger than Bound For Glory. So having them face a team they feuded with a year ago, show how few ideas the writers have. The fanbase is pretty hardcore. They would have been more than satisfied with a L.A.X. vs. MMG match.

Yeah but who has more of a reaction? MCMG has the "Matt Hardy" syndrome as I call it. A Loyal fan base but tough to cross over and appeal to the mass. Team 3d has the most heat in the company and hence are most eligible for a title shot.

It shows a total lack of imagination having them face Team 3D again. Sure they're the biggest team in the company. But that's not really saying much. Slammiversary is supposed to be a big show. Despite what TNA say it's bigger than Bound For Glory. So having them face a team they feuded with a year ago, show how few ideas the writers have. The fanbase is pretty hardcore. They would have been more than satisfied with a L.A.X. vs. MMG match.

I think the MotorCity Machine Guns are more or less a dead-end team anymore. They've jobbed out about as much as Black Reign and Rellik. I think that in itself shows sadness in how pathetic they've used great talent.

While I don't like this match, its only because I quite honestly can't stand L.A.X. I didn't like them when Konnan was their leader, and they suck even worse (sad as it is to say) without him. I've never followed L.A.X. as being anything more than one dimensional. (In other words, the only thing keeping them in storylines is the fact they're 'mexican.')

Team 3D is unofficially (still) the biggest team T.N.A. has, because of their background and lengthy title history. The other reason why I fully believe they're here instead of the Guns, or any other team, is because 3D is currently involved in a "Main Event" program with Kurt Angle and Booker T. So its nature for them to be the top heel team, getting a chance to steal the titles for the 20th time. (20th, right?)

I am a big Team 3D mark, but lately what has TNA done with them except make them appear every 5 minutes to not only get heat which they kinda do, but it jus plain annoys people and has me and I like them! I would have thought with one of the biggest PPVs of the year they would have a great tag match, say face v face, MCMG v LAX something everyone watned to see, but no they have done nout to MCMG and just have Team 3D to face them which will be shite! Weve seen it loadsa times before and yes was a great rivarly but there are so many poeple LAX could be facing instead of Team
3D. Hopefully it will be a good match and LAX should win if they dont TNA are insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back