• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Slammiversary] AJ Styles v. Bully Ray [Last Man Standing]

Who wins?

• AJ Styles

• Bully Ray

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
slamm2b.jpg

Announced on IMPACT Wrestling and on ImpactWrestling.com

All discussion here.

I have mixed feelings on this match.

On the one hand this has been a well built feud and for once the gimmick is actually necessary in this match instead of just being added in for no reason which seems to happen a lot in wrestling these days (not just TNA, WWE as well). We all know how great AJ is and him in a PPV match is usually at worst passable if not awesome. He has a good track record of carrying big guys who suck in the ring (read: Abyss) to good hardcore matches. Bully Ray is also more often than not good in a hardcore environment and he has been pretty entertaining for the most part lately. Hopefully by combining all of those factors this will make for a good match.

On the other hand though, when it comes down to it this is still Bully Ray on the second or third biggest match on a big PPV in 2011. No amount of good build, miracle worker opponents and helpful stipulations change that fact.

I have high hopes for this match all the same though, hopefully this ends this feud with an AJ win and shoots him back into the world title scene where he belongs.

Hopefully this is the blowoff to their feud. Not that I have anything against it but I think both can move on to better programs. I think AJ should finally reattach himself to the Main Event scene and I can see Bully Ray being more useful in the Television title division. I will give Bully Ray credit as he has upped his game lately and this type of match should make him look real good. I think AJ needs the win more than anything in this match and hopefully moves on to face off against Mr. Anderson.

I don't see a loss really hurting Bully Ray as much since most people are expecting AJ to get retribution on him since he put him through a table. I think Ray being the next guy to try to take down Crimson may be a good move for him or start something with Daniels. But either way I see this match doing good for both parties involved.

I'm really, really attempting to keep my hopes down for this one. Why? Because on the surface, it's perfect.

No one is going to confuse Ray with Bret Hart, so this is the perfect environment for him. A Last Man Standing match can work, but, I doubt it will be booked to maximize its potential.

These men have done a phenomenal job of showing extreme hatred for one another. After all, Bully did nearly kill AJ. I have a feeling this, A. won't get enough time, and B. won't have a clean finish. That's why I refuse to get my hopes up. Good be a classic, but I doubt it will get the chance to reach its full potential.

Hopefully this "Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles" feud ends with this match.
And AJ can go to the World Title picture. I'm tired of seeing Anderson and Sting
in the Title picture.

Am I the only one who thinks this has been the best feud this year in Impact Wrestling? Bully Ray has been on fire since he went on his own and is one of the best heels in the company. He is just what his name says he is, a bully, and it works perfectly for him. AJ Styles is the golden boy of Impact Wrestling, so it makes sense for someone like Ray to go after him. While I didn't care for the "Tommy Dreamah" part of the feud, it did help extend AJ/Ray for another few weeks to build-up to this match.

If this is the blow-off to the feud, then it should be great. They picked the perfect stipulation for this match if it is the blow-off. Ray is great at these types of matches and AJ is good at everything. I see AJ winning this and hopefully moving back up into the world title seen. As for Bully Ray, I would love to see him take the TV Title sometime in the near future.

Bully Ray VS AJ has been the main reason why I watch Impact Wrestling. The promos between these two have been outstanding, and Ray continues to do a fine job with the Bully character. Although, I wish AJ would've stayed on the shelf a little while longer, because Ray did try to end his career.

This should be a brutal match, and I expect both men to dish out tons brutality here. It would like to see Ray win this one, but I think AJ will get his revenge in this match. This should be a good match, and I am looking forward to this one.

Styles/Ray is in my opinion the best feud in TNA at the moment and actually the match I'm looking forward to the most on the card. It's been very well built and both guys have done a great job at making it seem like they truly hate each other. Add the fact that it's a Last Man Standing match, which Bully Ray is comfortable in and AJ, being the versitile wrestler he is, can easily adapt to it (if I remember correctly, he and Angle had a LMS match a couple years ago). Should be a good match and the one that steals the show. I'm also guessing this match ends their feud leading to AJ moving back into the title picture and Ray working the midcard while occasionally transitioning into the title hunt.

I'm actually looking forward to this match. I'm a sucker for a good hardcore brawl, and it's one of the few kinds of matches that Ray can still work decently at this stage in his career. I expect this will be about as good, maybe a little bit better than Styles match with Dreamer last month. Styles should win, but I wouldn't exactly put money on it seeing how keen TNA has become on Ray.

Very Excited for this match between Bully Ray and AJ Styles the build up to this match has been Very Good, the promos have been outstanding and Bully Ray has continued to play his new Bully Character perfectly. I think that this match will be very good and possibly the Match of the Night. LMS is the perfect type of match for Ray and Styles is just Excellent and does well in all types of matches. The way I would I end this match after a 15 minute hardcore brawl I would have AJ do the spot that Bully Ray did to him and have AJ Powerbomb Bully off the stage and through a table and not have Bully Ray get up for the 10 count. I think that would be a PERFECT way to end this match. Really looking forward to this match

This match could be alright because the stipulation allows Styles the chance to give Bully Ray what he deserves. Ray sucks in singles matches and AJ is the leader of Fourtune so he needs the win far more than Ray does.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
AJ Styles will defeat Bully Ray

Bully Ray has really outdone himself with this new character that he's taken on and has gotten mega over as a heel. With that being said, he doesn't need this win. AJ does. I expect AJ to exact revenge on Ray and with the LMS stipulation, this one could be pretty fun. I expect some sort of big spot from AJ to beat Ray, like with most LMS matches.

Should be at least a decent bout, with the possibility of it being one of the stronger matches on the card. AJ has to win here though.

This really should be a great match. Bully isn't exactly a mat technician, but a match like this should serve his style very well. And AJ, of course, can work in pretty much any match type.

I've been loving this feud. Bully Ray has been playing a fantastic character since his heel turn, and is one of the most entertaining guys in the company, and AJ looks to be ready to re-enter the main event. That's why he should win this, with it ending their feud. Bully doesn't need the win; heels hardly ever do, and he can easily get some heat back afterward with his mic work. AJ, hopefully, moves up from here. I'm not sure who he'll feud with (maybe Jarrett?), but I see bigger things for him after this.

Now this is the match that I will be watching from bell to bell guranteed. If there's one match that Ray is best at, it's a hardcore style one. AJ always can wrestle with the brawlers (Dreamer and Abyss can attest to that). This match should be the best on the card when the PPV is done. I'm looking for AJ to win.

This was the best match TNA ever had. AJ beat Ray so much, and he def proved that he should be world champ, but TNA so focused on former WWE people

I dont think its focusing on Bubba because hes a WWE guy. Its focusing on him because this fued is so good at the moment. Bully Ray winning continues the fued into Bound For Glory where I suspect it will come to its climax.

With AJ's ring work and Bully's mic work, this fued has been fantastic and their match at Slammiversary was fantastic.

I dont think its focusing on Bubba because hes a WWE guy. Its focusing on him because this fued is so good at the moment. Bully Ray winning continues the fued into Bound For Glory where I suspect it will come to its climax.

With AJ's ring work and Bully's mic work, this fued has been fantastic and their match at Slammiversary was fantastic.

Thats right, the best of the night

lol wow 20 to 0 AJ to Ray on the vote

If anyones planning on putting this on youtube now that its over , post the link this match sounded like a must see but I couldn't buy the PPV tonight :(

My brother recorded the ppv last night and I just watched this match, all I've got time for this match, and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. I figured that it'd be a pretty decent match but I was surprised at how good it was.

Having the high flying, athletic guy take on the big bad brawler is usually a pretty good mix when done right and this was done just about perfectly. This match was definitely more in Ray's area of expertise but Styles gave as good as he got and came off looking strong even though he lost. I have to admit that part of me is a little miffed at Styles losing the match but, at the same time, it's true that this sort of match isn't what Styles is generally known for and Ray probably needed the win more.

With a win over AJ Styles here, this finally gives Ray some legit credibility as a singles wrestler. It's been an entertaining feud between them in my view thus far. Ray has brought the mic work, Styles has the in-ring ability and TNA did a good thing by generally keeping them seperated until this match. There were a few skirmishes here and there of course but there wasn't any serious action between them until this match. I'd give this match ***1/2, maybe ***3/4 stars. Great effort from the both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back