Slammiversary 2012: Location to be Determined

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling
I am very, VERY excited about what market we will be in for the Slammiversary pay-per-view on June 10th to celebrate our 10th anniversary! :)

So it seems that TNA Wrestling made a deal about the location of Slammiversary 2012, that celebrates the 10th anniversary of the company. It's a very big deal, it's not their Wrestlemania, that's Bound for Glory, but surely it celebrates the company's history.

Of course it isn't sure where they will do it, but I would love to seem trying a big arena just like WWE does for regular weekly shows. I'm not sure where they could do it, but I don't have much doubt that they could sold a +10k location.

What are your toughts? Do you think Dixie's tweet has to do with TNA getting a major location for the PPV? Or it's just about returning to the spot or town where it all began ten years ago?

Hopefully it is to announce that they've landed a venue in a big city for the PPV, but any venue OUTSIDE of the Impact Zone is good news. TNA needs to start treating their PPV's like big deals if they expect their fans to, and the one of the biggest steps in doing so is consistently taking them on the road. Even if they don't completely fill up an arena, as was the case at BFG in Philly, they still look like a more legit promotion when they are broadcasting on the road.

If I was TNA, after the success of their trip to the UK, I'd be trying to book at big PPV (BFG perhaps), back at Wembley Arena.

Of course it isn't sure where they will do it, but I would love to seem trying a big arena just like WWE does for regular weekly shows. I'm not sure where they could do it, but I don't have much doubt that they could sold a +10k location.

Really? I have a whole lot of doubt that they could sell out a 10000 seat arena. They have what, 500-2000 people at a house show. Since Bound For Glory, as you state "TNAs WrestleMania" went on the road every year, the biggest crowd they have had was 5000 in Chicago (aka Hoffman Estates). As a resident of Hoffman Estates for many years, I can tell ya, that's not even a sell out for that arena.

Frankly, they do need to stay out of the Impact Zone for Slammiversery, but a small arena would be a good idea.

I'll take a guess and say it will be in the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, NJ. They've had a PPV there before, NJ is one of the hottest crowds for wrestling, and it holds about 9,000 if memory serves. They might be able to sell out a 9,000 seat arena if they book a great card.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if they went to MPLS at the Target Center. I think the rent has to be cheap there to get an event. A low bowl sell out would look good on TV. Minnesota was home to the AWA with rich wrestling tradition.

just throwing this out there..it may be somwhere in tx. They've been here every summer...yes they tour the state. idk all I have to go on is the fact that slammiversary is in summer and tna does their texas tour in the summer. Cant be to sure. they've been here every summer since they're victory road test in 08

I live in Sacramento, California, and the arena that WWE uses in our city for house shows, live tapings, and Pay-Per-Views is Power Balance Pavilion (Royal Rumble 1993, Judgment Day 2001, The Bash 2009), which can seat up to around about 12,000 people.

A few months ago in October 2011, TNA did their very first house show here in Sacramento. They did it from a small auditorium in our downtown that could possibly seat around 3,000 people, which is primarily used for our local high school and college graduations. This auditorium can by no means, have any form of pyro or special stage setup, as it is way too small. The price of their best seats in the house was $55.00, with all kinds of hidden costs, i.e., $180.00 for a signed Jeff Hardy toy car and the chance to meet him (for like one minute), $25.00 to get a picture in the ring with Jeff Hardy after the show, or $10.00 for an Abyss mask (or no picture with Abyss.) Even though this was the first house show here in Sacramento, they did not even come close to filling the venue. They probably had about 600 fans attending. Their hidden costs were terrible, and the lighting and effects was absolutely horrendous for a company even as big as TNA. This venue was only one step above a high school gymnasium even for a house show. Most of our local Indy Feds use better venues than this one.

Most smart marks know that Sacramento, California (Northern California area) is one of the largest fanbases in the world for Professional Wrestling. A few months after that, I went to a WWE RAW house show at Power Balance Pavilion that had probably about 10-12 times the attendance for the TNA house show with tickets for their best seats right behind the barricade at about $74.00, AND THAT WAS FOR A HOUSE SHOW! That was even considered bad by even WWE's standards

Anyways, my point is that if TNA cannot even fill up small, lowly venue, how could they ever think about filling up an arena that WWE would use for any of their shows? Even when they try smaller, but more prestigious arenas like they did for Bound for Glory 2011, their attendance gate was absolutely terrible. If they know what's best for them, they would stick to the Impact Wrestling Zone for now. J.B. even hinted at doing a TNA Pay-Per-View here in Sacramento in 2012, something he says at every TNA house show. Even at our arena, where WWE generally has their worst house show attendance gate, is about 03-04 times TNA's average house show attendance gate. I heard once that TNA Pay-Per-Views are not really about making profits, but just getting the word out there about TNA. If that is the case, then TNA should either stick to hosting all PPVs from the Florida Impact Wrestling Zone or just do their 3 big PPVs (Lockdown, Slammiversary, and Bound for Glory) from some well-known wrestling venues, like M.S.G., or the Arena.

As far as this year's TNA Slammiversary is concerned, is if they choose to do it from a venue other than the Impact Zone, don't expect a gate that will allow them to turn a profit by any means. Not even their PPV buys are worth taking the show on the road. They could probably make more money by doing a live PPV show from a high school gymnasium in a big city. Please don't take this as a rant against TNA. I love TNA just as much as a lot of fans love WWE and TNA. The idea that doing Slammiversary in another city just seems irrelevant.

Still, I hope for the day when TNA can hold a big PPV from a city like NYC (M.S.G.)

The Von Braun Civic Center in Huntsville, Alabama makes the most sense for Slammiversary and TNA's 10th Anniversary.

That is where the company ran their first show ever. And it's a venue that can accommodate the production of a PPV event.

But Dixie said she's "excited" which makes me think it's going to be held in a major market.

So I'm going to guess some mid-sized venue in Dallas, Denver, or St. Louis.

I don't think they'll ever get MSG, but NYC market will soon have five major venues(MSG, Barclays, IZOD, Prudential, and Nassau Coliseum). MSG won't let TNA in but I can see one of the other four venues giving TNA a shot. Vince is not drawing and he won't be able to keep all five venues happy so I figure one will give TNA a shot hoping to draw big for one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back