• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Situations involving Moral Choices.

J-Dogg

The Backbreaker Machine
The idea for this thread came from the XBOX 360 and PS3 game Army Of Two: The 40th Day, in the game you have to make moral choices on various situations with the choice you make having consequences. As one of the choices in the game is, you have to decide whether or not sacrafice your mercenary partner and best friend to save a city of 7 million from a nuclear explosion.

My question is this from the following scenario as well as the example i have mentioned from this game what choice would you make on the following? (Note that each member who voices their opinion should be respected and bashed solely on how you feel.)

the first Choice:

Would you inflict harm on a person(s) who was intruding in your house to the point of attempted murder or murder, just to save your family?

If that was the last option, I would without hesitation.

However, when it comes to situations like this, you have very little time to make a decision and in that scenario, I would do it. The fact that he is intending to cause enough harm to my family for him to try, would make me have to match that level of attitude. If we are insisting that he he is trying to kill my family, I would murder him without a doubt. A fact that has always stayed long with me is that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and that would illustrated that point here perfectly. Why should all of my family and I die to save the life of some criminal? If that was the only option, I would certainly do it.

Would you inflict harm on a person(s) who was intruding in your house to the point of attempted murder or murder, just to save your family?

Of course I would, now I wouldn't try and kill them but more of a self-defense type thing, where I inflict harm until the threat is gone. Now if I accidentally kill them, and I mean accidentally not "accidentally", I wouldn't lose sleep over. They come into my house and try killing my family, if possible like I said I would have no problem in self-defense or killing them.

My answer is yes. If someone was breaking into my house I would do everything in my power to protect my family and belongings. Even if that means taking the life of another human. I don't live on the best side of town so this situation is something that goes through my mind once in a while. Hopefully I will never be put in this situation for I tend to be more of a peaceful person, but when you got a kid to protect... well, that peace shit goes out the window. Anybody who has a child probably feels the same way.

On the other hand if I were to come home and notice my house was being broke into I would go to the proper authorities.

Obviously. Who do I care about more, my family, the most important people in my life, or some lowlife scum breaking into houses? I'm sure it'd be tough to deal with the fact that you killed another man, I'd probably need counseling or something, but I'd do it without hesitation.

Sure. He broke into my house, unannounced, and proceeded to threaten my family with deadly harm. Fuck yeah. It's what a husband and father are supposed to do. Protect his family.

Whether or not I'd kill him is more of a "feel of the moment" type of thing. As I'm sure soldier and policemen can tell you, killing someone can't feel any sort of good on your conscience. I have a feeling that incapacitation will be my most favored option if I can manage it. If not, then I'll just play by ear and hope I can protect my family.

Now, if someone were endangering me and me alone, I would not want someone to kill him. That sort of hurt on a conscience is very heavy, and I would hate to know that someone is going to have a murder on their conscience to save me. I'm just one more human in the grand scheme of things. It's why I don't like people crying about me. My Last Will and Testament will most definitely have a "Don't you dare cry about me" paragraph. Live on with me, dudes.

I live in Texas. You can shoot someone here for walking onto your property.

Of course I would kill to protect my family. A man in Houston killed someone breaking into his neighbor's home and didn't even go to trial.

When faced with a situation where it's you (or your wife, kids) or a criminal, I don't think there should be any hesitation. I have a US Government issued Colt .45 that used to belong to a Secret Service Agent, and believe me, if the circumstances present themselves, it will claim a notch if someone threatens my family, and there will be absolutely no hesitation.

Anyone enters my house with any criminal intention, the only harm that will come to him is 2 bullets to the chest and one to the head. I dont mess around when it comes to my family and my property. I believe everyone should be able to protect themselves with whatever means necessary. They recently changed the law here just for that reason and i completely agree with it. You have the right to protect your personal property, yourself and your family with deadly force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back