Sitcom Tournament Observation

Oh, good. I would be extremely upset if you got banned.

I trust you'll be backing your own show during the tourney?

In all cases I'll vote for the superior show, regardless of where it's made. I've not yet voted in any poll where I haven't seen both shows. It's a shame other people refuse to stick to that idea. In most cases the few UK shows that get through are deserving winners because they are the very best that the UK has to offer, whereas because of their sheer number. the majority of the US shows put forward are abominations. Saved By The Fucking Bell? Are you having a laugh

Seinfeld vs Family Guy
Futurama vs 3rd Rock from the Sun
South Park vs King of the Hill
Family Matters vs Father Ted
Just Shoot Me vs Beavis and Butt-Head
Will & Grace vs Roseanne
Friends vs Everybody Loves Raymond
Red Dwarf vs The Wonder Years
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air vs Boy Meets World
Martin vs Rab C. Nesbitt
Frasier vs Home Improvement
Punky Brewster vs Saved By The Bell

Meh that's most of them. Can't be bothered to continue.

Now, LJL, I trust you'll be backing Kenan and Kel? It must be gratifying to hear everyone praising your old show.

We'll make sure Dad's Army is involved, guys. What decade is it from? If we overlooked it, we'll interject it into next round as part of a triple threat.

I really can't stand most British comedy. It's fucking terrible and far too much of it revolves solely around men dressed as women. Add to that I can't understand 1/10th of the shit some of them say, and there's really no reason for me to go out of my way to watch Father Ted or whatever. I attempted to watch a clip from that show Nesbitt or whatever, and I literally could not understand a single word they said.

Wow! Quite a watered down summary of British comedy there, X.

Not to worry, you gave Rab C a try and may I be the first to welcome you to the world of Scots.

Oh and if we're talking about shows that got snubbed....where in the blue hell is The Adventures of Pete & Pete? That needs to be in this tournament, fucking immediately.

Wow! Quite a watered down summary of British comedy there, X.

Sorry, just how I feel. I do like some British comedy but most of the time I find it to be not even slightly amusing.

Not to worry, you gave Rab C a try and may I be the first to welcome you to the world of Scots.

The show looked pretty good in the second clip, but the first one about the lottery or whatever? Literally could not understand a single thing said by anyone in that entire clip. Do you guys actually speak like that?

We'll make sure Dad's Army is involved, guys. What decade is it from? If we overlooked it, we'll interject it into next round as part of a triple threat.

You had it in the 70's round, but it started in '68.

X, try and find the radio show of Dad's Army. It was basically an audio version of the TV show. Or try finding the DVDs.

You know, torrent them ACQUIRE THEM COMPLETELY LEGALLY. At least listen to or watch "The Enemy Within the Gates".

The show looked pretty good in the second clip, but the first one about the lottery or whatever? Literally could not understand a single thing said by anyone in that entire clip. Do you guys actually speak like that?

Well, not as gruff sounding or drunk either. However, the accent and enunciation is pretty similar to a lot of people in Scotland. It's a very lazy language but the one that I hold dear. Ask TM.

Red Dwarf could shit solid gold and give me a handjob and I'd still vote for The Wonder Years. Nostalgia is a very strong element.

I'm going to abstain from this tournament until later on. I haven't seen over half of the shows so it wouldn't be fair.

I saw this British movie yesterday. I can't remember the name though. It's on Showtime on demand. I think the word funeral was on the title. Well anyways, it was incredibly unfunny. I thought it was going to be :(.

EDIT: I meant that I thought it was going to be funny jusy by reading the description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back