• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sitcom Tournament Observation

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
I've noticed that whenever an American sitcom and a British sitcom are paired against each other, the American pick theirs and the British pick theirs. I've seen the main reason for the American sitcom advancing is that they've never seen the British one.

If I haven't seen both shows, I'm not going to vote or if I've seen one show plenty of times and none of the other, I'm going to not vote as well because that wouldn't be fair to the other show. I feel bad for the British sitcoms because they're never going to get a fair shake because most haven't seen them but it is what it is.

Otherwise, the tournament has been going great and some of the best sitcoms are going home early.

yah its annoying me, especially when Americans say "it wasn't funny but i'm voting anyway"

It's a great tournament and kudos goes to TDigs and IC. However, it is not hard to find clips of the other show, is it?

Good observation, LJL.

I usually vote for the British sitcoms because I've seen both and British sitcoms are funnier.

It's more than slightly annoying when someone says "I haven't seen any of this show so I'm going to vote for the other one". If you haven't seen a show, look it up! It'll be a travesty if Dad's Army loses to something just because people haven't seen Dad's Army.

I'm just now voting in the 90s because I haven't heard of most of the sitcoms before 2000

Most British shows are funnier than some American shows I must admit. I wish people would look at it with an objective eye especially if you vote for one show because you haven't seen the other. Watching some clips of Youtube might not change your mind, but at least you can come away thinking that it is a decent show.

Exactly. If you haven't seen them both, don't vote. At the very least try to find an episode SOMEWHERE.

like I can't believe father ted is getting beat. nothing says "situation comedy" like a group of priests who are lost in the lingerie section of a department store.

I don't think you're really going to change somebody's mind with one episode but at least it's one more show that they have watched and it may make them want to watch it more.

I will burn the whole series of Dad's Army to DVDs and mail it to everyone if I have to.

Can I count on your support of Dad's Army, Lee, if it's in the tourney?

I don't really give a damn where a sitcom comes from. My favourites are all American I think. I'm only starting to vote now because I've heard of, or watched almost 0 of the shows up until the 90s region.

it's been knocked out. It was against are you being some mothers do have em. Tdigle kicked both of them out

like I can't believe father ted is getting beat. nothing says "situation comedy" like a group of priests who are lost in the lingerie section of a department store.

I just watched that clip and it is very funny. Funnier than most American sitcoms I've watched.

Oh, I thought IC said that a lot of sitcoms from that period were getting byes, and that Dad's Army might've gotten one.

If it's been kicked out, then that's bullshit. Dad's Army is probably my favorite TV show of all time, nevermind sitcom.

I saw. But I asked tdigle about it afterwards and he said to ask IC. IC said it may have been moved into 50's/60's and gotten a bye.

Still bullshit if it got cut.

I think I have actually been voting for the English ones. My parents watch them so I am familiar with them and find them funny.

I'll probably give my vote to Father Ted, but, I can't understand a fucking thing that Rab C. Nesbitt guy says. If someone gives a clip with subtitles, I might change my mind.

I posted something, saw it was spam, and added more. I got an infraction before I made the change.

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back