• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Wrestling Companies Travel To Other Countries And Do Supershows?

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
If I’m not mistaken, TNA is the only company that still does Supershows like the ones I'm talking about. I know WWE does them but they don’t do the same Supershows I’m talking about. TNA goes to another country and has their talent fight the talent of that country. I love it when they do that every year.

I finished watching the WCW/New Japan Supershow from 1992 earlier today (there’s a review for it in the old school section if you want to check that out) and I really liked some of the matches. That’s when the realization came in that it’s great when companies do Supershows like that because we fans benefit from them.

How do we benefit you ask? Well, it’s very simple. We get to watch the very best in the American wrestling companies against the very best in Japanese (or other countries) wrestling companies. You’re probably telling yourself: “but I don’t care about those Japanese wrestlers, I don’t know any of them!” Well, let me tell you something, they have some wonderful wrestlers over there.

I mean, wouldn’t it be great if we got to see Shawn Michaels vs. The Great Muta? Or maybe we could have Undertaker against Kobashi? There are countless possible matches that companies like WWE could set up against other companies wrestlers. I love it when TNA goes over to Japan and do their Supershows, so I’m sure I’d love it if WWE, and other companies, went over to other countries and did Supershows with the wrestlers in that country.

What are your thoughts? Should companies, like the WWE, start going to other countries again and do Supershows? Remember to give reasons to your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back