• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should wrestlers, in character, interact more with the fans

Blue Chipper

Shapeshifting Humanoid
Within reason, should wrestlers, who are in character, regularly acknowledge fans during a wrestling program? I'm not talking about shills, who are arranged to be there in order to perform a spot, but the real audience.

I mean, if wrestling is based on the premise of being real, wouldn't it make sense that the wrestlers visibly engage with the people sitting in the stadium watching? If an audience member makes a bizarre face, should the heel wrestler, in character, acknowledge this and respond? How about if a fan threw a slushy at a wrestler (I know this doesn't happen often), would a person just casually walk away?

Yea, wrestlers sometimes respond to the fans on a small scale. If the fans chant something, sometimes they respond, but I'm talking about fully acknowledging the fans. Wrestlers looking at each fan, and can interact with them at will. Now, I'm not talking about physical interaction, they can have shills for that. I'm not talking about the Dudley Boyz circa ECW.

In interviews, in matches, in anything, do you think it would work for wrestlers to interact with the fans in attendance? Or, is this a bad idea?

Its a bad idea.I remember at wrestlemania 24 a fan touched JBL and JBL got him ejected from the arena.Some people dont take it very well while others do.You see people who slap peoples hands while coming down and walking up the entrance ramp etc and that is good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back