Should Triple H's Marriage To Stephanie Be Used Again?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
We all remember the mega stroyline between Triple H and Randy Orton heading into Wrestlemania 25 from last year. Orton had terrorized the McMahon family, but The Game didn't come into the picture until Orton gave his real life wife an RKO. Triple H set out to defend the honor of his in-laws and wife at the big show, and he was successful.

Now over the years, WWE has referenced Triple H's marriage to Stephanie during promos every now and then, but last year they decided to go all the way. It was easily one of the biggest and most dramatic storylines in WWE history, but I'm wondering, can it be done again?

I ask this question because WWE put so much into this storyline, and everything seemed to fall into the right place at the right time. Orton was the evil and deranged heel, and he attacked the WWE family. I find it hard to believe that WWE would build someone else up this huge again. We might never see anything like Orton's quest for revenge on Triple H ever again.

Also, we really don't know how longer Triple H will continue to wrestle. He's been kind of banged up over the years, and he's getting up their in age, so who knows how long he will continue to lace up his boots? Also, it could take a long time to build someone up like this again, and who knows how long it could take.

Would you like to see something like Orton VS Triple H 2009 again?

My answer would be no. I feel like the "attack Triple H and his family" storyline kind of peaked out last year. How can you top what WWE did last year? I don't know what else they could do that they didn't do last year.

What are your thoughts?

It was indeed a great storyline. However I think that due to the fact that we've pretty much seen it run an all-out thing back in the early 2000's that it would therefore limit a little bit of what they could do with it all.

Also it would need to have Triple H turned heel to work properly, considering that Stephanie is pretty much the key point to heat, she has always gotten heat in some way or another unless she were displaying herself in a sexual manner (The bending over position on Smackdown some years ago).

But I would definitely say that it could work, as well as I would love to see it happening as well. I've always been a big fan of that period of time in Triple H's career, the whole McMahon-Helmsley faction was one of my favorite things in wrestling. So of course I would love to see it returning.

I'm not sure however how they would make it work, I mean the primary thing would probably be to recreate something like back in the early 2000's, but it wouldn't make much sense either. Because it has pretty much already run it's course. The fans wouldn't need to see a power couple / power faction like this again. So while I'm convinced it could work. I'm probably leaning more to the answer that it shouldn't, because it has run it's course, and would be hard to capitalize properly on again now that we pretty much know it's going just fine between them backstage in a realistic and happy marriage.

it has pretty much already run it's course. The fans wouldn't need to see a power couple / power faction like this again. So while I'm convinced it could work. I'm probably leaning more to the answer that it shouldn't, because it has run it's course, and would be hard to capitalize properly on again now that we pretty much know it's going just fine between them backstage in a realistic and happy marriage.

Nicely put, that was exactly what I was thinking. The McMahon-Helmsley storyline (2000) (and its return 2009) is over and doesn't need to come back. In other words, (sadly) it HAS run its course. While, I myself am not a fan of Triple H, I do think the McMahon-Helmsley era was a great faction. This story had great momments: the vs. Stone Cold; vs. Randy Orton etc. I myself cannot think of what they would do next, Im sure Creative could think of something, but once again, this faction has run its course.

Right now, what I think is needed of Triple H is to turn heel but without Stephanie. Maybe make a new stable (maybe leader of NEXUS), but not the return of Evolution (that also has already ran its course). But the point being that he has to be a heel, and DOMINANT. Make him to an Apocalypse (from marvel comics). Triple H, the big bad bully that no one can take down...The WWE doesn't really have a guy like this in WWE (excluding NEXUS). With Triple H dominating everyone on the show, I think it would add to the "Super Heroes and Super Villians" feeling that the WWE has created

But then again, I have stated before that I hate Triple H for always wanting to be in the main event picture...Well anyway, this is what I think is needed of Triple H to do.

The only new they could bring to that storyline is to involve their young children, and that wouldn't fly. Not even the biggest heel in the WWE, of which Orton is no longer a club member, would mess with the young kids like that. The Orton/HHH/Stephanie feud can't be handled like Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio/Dominic was. The intensity level that Orton and HHH had simply couldn't work with kids involved, and that is the only way you could change the feud up so it wasn't an exact repeat. Orton/HHH/Stephanie is done, let it stay that way.

To tell you the truth, I think this last injury means Triple H is probably done as a full time wrestler. He will come back, but I don't think he can work the same schedule anymore. Its likely that after returning, Triple H will get a small push, maybe one last short title run, and then he develops into enhancement talent, to get the younger wrestlers over. Exactly what Shawn Michaels did, and Chris Jericho does currently. Mostly main event, but whose job is to more to make the mid carders look better so they can move up, rather than be the top guy themselves. Triple H's time in the sun is dwindling, and I am sure he knows that.

I wouldnt go for that angle again. It would be very repetative and WWE's writers should have more imagination that 'attack Stephanie McMahon AGAIN' (although sometimes you wonder if they do actually have any imagination)
So i wouldnt like to see it.
Remember there was also the opposite angle where HHH went to Randy's home to attack him too.
And the angle when DDP was stalking (verge on perving) on Undertakers 'THEN' wife Sara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back