Should TNA Sign Teddy Hart?

obamartins

Pre-Show Stalwart
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=P7X05TX9ilU[/YOUTUBE]

Kevin_Nash_Teddy_Hart.jpg

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=ybGrhqpjFsg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a pro wrestling fan, I do not have an allegiance to any company as I want to see them all do well however the business currently is out of touch & stale. WWE has grown complacent & is over-produced, while TNA is second rate & lacks direction. Both products are not artistically cutting edge & very unispiring.

Addressing the reasons why for the aforementioned is a different subject for a different time but one thing I truly believe would be beneficial in regards to spicing up TNA & changing the landscape of the promotion without major expenditure would be the signing of the polarising, controversial & radically different Teddy Hart.

I know that some people may be unfamilar with his work because quite simply he hasn't had the exposure many of his peers have. I know that the people that do know of him know the stories - Teddy Hart is legit crazy. I believe though that Teddy Hart is worth the risk for TNA at this point & at the very least deserves an opportunity. Give him a chance & in my opinion there isn't a shread o doubt he wouldn't get over...if he screws up fire him.

The ONLY reasons Teddy Hart is not a major superstar in pro wrestling right is his attitude & behaviour...not his talent. Look I respect AJ Styles & his ability but the reality of the situation he couldn't touch Teddy Hart's one of kind intangible charisma & would be eaten alive in a promo exchange plus Teddy Hart has a more marketable look & name (being Bret Hart's nephew) furthermore is just as good if not better in the ring.

Jack Evans is a guy the IWC like to rave about & rightfully so but like AAA booker Konnan said "as good as Jack Evans is & he is great, he just doesn't have Teddy Hart's magnetism".

Hypothetically speaking if TNA resigned AJ Styles do you really think it would it make a difference? & I mean that with no disrespect but you know what you're going to get. Teddy Hart has never been exposed to the masses...it's a shame nobody has the balls to unleash him on mainstream TV because he is one guy in the industry that could create waves.

So should TNA sign Teddy Hart?

In conclusion I leave you with the links to two teaser trailers for an 8 episode documentary series in which Teddy Hart tries to re-launch his family’s wrestling territory & put himself on the international map.

As Bret Hart says in these trailers:

"The wrestling business unfortunatly comes down to sometimes doing what you're told & Teddy was a guy who couldn't do what he was told & he missed the train"

"I'd love to see Teddy make it in wrestling & in a lot of ways he deserves to make it in wrestling but he's got to learn to shut his mouth"

http://vimeo.com/76153746

http://vimeo.com/76293623

This is the guy that fucked up a PPV by no selling the finish (a common problem because of his "tribute to Owen" nonsense) and shot a load of dives off the cage nearly injuring the other wrestlers? The guy who got punk fired from TNA for kicking his ass? Not a chance. The guy is unsettled and seems to have no desire to mature.

Those Bret Hart quotes you supply aren't favourable. Teddy blew his chances and can't shut his mouth... Well said Bret.

He might fit into the X-division, but I'd have the guy on an instant probation. He's not the revolution wrestling needs, or wants.

Not that you care what detractors have to say. Here's your exact same thread from last year: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=4242051&highlight=teddy+hart#post4242051 Such fun.

It's not what you know, it's who you know, and how much they like you.

Look, you can do all the crazy flips you want. Guys who can do that are a dime a dozen, and if Teddy Hart's last name wasn't Hart, he'd be working high school gyms in a mask as Foreign Villain #3. (I think he's doing something similar in Mexico, actually, or was, or whatever.) Unless you have something truly unique to offer a crowd- and the only thing unique about Teddy Hart is his last name- you aren't going to get work if you're a douchebag. People put up with Mr. Kenderson for years despite his legendary (and accurate) reputation for being a *******, and as soon as people realized he wasn't going to work out, he's booted out of the WWE. TNA's done pretty much the same thing, except they seem to have gotten him back at a bargain rate.

So unless the attitude is entirely different, the only reason you'd hire Teddy Hart is to say you have a Hart on the roster. And let's be honest, we can all see the Twitter post now. "RT this 500 times and I'll tell you which member of the Hart Family will be on Impact!"

So I'm not prepared to dismiss the idea, but it's not a long-term health move, or a take TNA seriously move, or a good move in any real way, but possibly a way to get them to trend on Twitter. And that seems to be enough in professional wrestling today.

The guy is a disaster waiting to happen. He's had his chance in multiple companies and blown it in multiple companies. I'd much rather see someone who worked hard and had the right attitude get signed than somebody who could have had everything and pissed it all away.

I respect talent and I know that back in the day especially wrestlers weren't all saints but times have changed and some of the change has been for the better. Copping an attitude backstage I have no problem with if the line your company has asked you to tow is stupid. Recklessly endangering others is a whole other matter.

Honestly, why would you take the time to invest time and money in somebody that's an accident waiting to happen? You can't build a program around somebody like that and you can't build a company around them. Teddy Hart isn't going to draw more than anyone else that's been in the main event picture in TNA.

I would not hire him based on a tweet from Kevin Nash. That guy knew how to make money but I'm not sure he ever really understood the wrestling business from that side of the Gorilla position.

he can wrestle and he would be a great addition to TNA, BUT only if he has an attitude change and isnt one who will hurt the company with out of the ring troubles, but if he's too much of a risk, then TNA should avoid signing him, but Teddy Hart is a talent.

This is the guy that fucked up a PPV by no selling the finish (a common problem because of his "tribute to Owen" nonsense) and shot a load of dives off the cage nearly injuring the other wrestlers? The guy who got punk fired from TNA for kicking his ass? Not a chance. The guy is unsettled and seems to have no desire to mature.

Those Bret Hart quotes you supply aren't favourable. Teddy blew his chances and can't shut his mouth... Well said Bret.

He might fit into the X-division, but I'd have the guy on an instant probation. He's not the revolution wrestling needs, or wants.

Not that you care what detractors have to say. Here's your exact same thread from last year: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=4242051&highlight=teddy+hart#post4242051 Such fun.

YAWN...so stereotypical of a smark to bring up the young & immature 23 year old Teddy Hart incident from 2003 - over 10 years ago. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Teddy Hart beating up CM Punk...OLD NEWS. Got anything that isn't from 2003?

Stop acting thinking like a promoter & start thinking like a fan. Personally as a fan it's mind boggling why anybody would care about Teddy Hart's conduct behind the scenes if you're entertained watching him on screen. Personally I'm attracted to the REAL controversial characters in the business like Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner etc. I find these type of wrestlers far more compelling to watch on TV then wrestlers who are afraid to speak their mind & simply tow the company line which I'm guessing is what you like.

Correction. Those Bret Hart references are both favourable & unfavourable.

Your claim that Teddy Hart might fit the X-Division is ridiculous as much as it is stupid - literally rolling my eyes at that one.

I don't care what the detractors say unless they have a worthy argument & yours quite simply is crap in my opinion.

Thanks for posting the link to the exact same topic. I was thinking I had already seen this one. I didn't realize it had been so long.

As far as the original poster; Teddy Hart, I don't see him "Making" TNA. I am a HUGE TNA fan, but they aren't making stars. And that sucks. If they are failing to do it with Cowboy James Storm, then why could they do it with someone else?

James Storm has everything needed to become a mainstream name. Great gimmick, and in my opinion the BEST catchphrase in wrestling. Austin Aries is someone else that should be promoted on anything that would have him. If they aren't doing it with these two, why would they do it for Teddy Hart?

This is a man who was kicked out of a booking agency. Not to mention several promotions. He's trouble and has already caused trouble for TNA in the past. He is no one TNA needs.

It's not what you know, it's who you know, and how much they like you.

Look, you can do all the crazy flips you want. Guys who can do that are a dime a dozen, and if Teddy Hart's last name wasn't Hart, he'd be working high school gyms in a mask as Foreign Villain #3. (I think he's doing something similar in Mexico, actually, or was, or whatever.) Unless you have something truly unique to offer a crowd- and the only thing unique about Teddy Hart is his last name- you aren't going to get work if you're a douchebag. People put up with Mr. Kenderson for years despite his legendary (and accurate) reputation for being a *******, and as soon as people realized he wasn't going to work out, he's booted out of the WWE. TNA's done pretty much the same thing, except they seem to have gotten him back at a bargain rate.

So unless the attitude is entirely different, the only reason you'd hire Teddy Hart is to say you have a Hart on the roster. And let's be honest, we can all see the Twitter post now. "RT this 500 times and I'll tell you which member of the Hart Family will be on Impact!"

So I'm not prepared to dismiss the idea, but it's not a long-term health move, or a take TNA seriously move, or a good move in any real way, but possibly a way to get them to trend on Twitter. And that seems to be enough in professional wrestling today.

You're really not a very good judge of talent if you think Teddy Hart is just a highspot guy with a famous last name. The guy looks like a star, carries himself as a star, has the presence of a star & a uniquely different charisma & promo style which from the looks of your comment you are blind to.

I already KNOW Teddy Hart has star potential because not only can I see it but far too many people who are in the business who have had major success & know far more then me or you have stated so.

You're not going to get work if you're a douchbag? that is true to a degree but not an actual fact. Teddy Hart has been working in for AAA in Mexico the best part of the past 5 years. Guys like Scott Hall, Vampiro, Juventud Guerrera have always managed to find work. Bully Ray & JBL are/were douchebags that knew how to play the game politically. If you watched the Teddy Hart promo video I attached you'd have saw him be man enough to admit his past mistakes.

TNA's promotional incompetence is irrelevant. Get a clue.

I say no. I would not sign Teddy Hart if I were TNA. He is old and pretty much damaged goods at this point. I loved Teddy when he was on Wrestling Society X but that was 7 years ago.

Teddy Hart, at this point, has become irrelevant in wrestling and a good example of a wasted talent.

Teddy Hart would add absolutely nothing to TNA.

YAWN...so stereotypical of a smark to bring up the young & immature 23 year old Teddy Hart incident from 2003 - over 10 years ago. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Stop acting thinking like a promoter & start thinking like a fan. Personally as a fan it's mind boggling why anybody would care about Teddy Hart's conduct behind the scenes if you're entertained watching him on screen. Personally I'm attracted to the REAL controversial characters in the business like Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner etc. I find these type of wrestlers far more compelling to watch on TV then wrestlers who are afraid to speak their mind & simply tow the company line which I'm guessing is what you like.

Correction. Those Bret Hart references are both favourable & unfavourable.

Your claim that Teddy Hart might fit the X-Division is ridiculous as much as it is stupid - literally rolling my eyes at that one.

I don't care what the detractors say unless they have a worthy argument & yours quite simply is crap in my opinion.

I'd much rather think like a promoter than be a mark for a useless prick. If I'm beating a dead horse talking about an imature Teddy Hart, explain why he was suspended indefinately from AAA only three years ago?

Personally, as a fan, I don't care for spot-monkeys who would rather go off script to look cool than tell a god damned story. The only thing controversial about Teddy Hart is his inability to keep a job, or talk without swearing. Scott Halls controversies are a worked angle and alcoholism. What was the last controversial thing Nash has done which wasnt an absolute clusterfuck? Steiner's only controversy lies in steroids and calling people fat, but sure, they were all pretty cool in the 90's.

The Xdiv is the only place for a guy of his style, and he could do some work their, so long as he doesn't have to cut a promo. He's most likely past the point of improving enough to have any significant benefits for TNA. He wishes he could go to TNA. He could probably team with Robbie E, and he has the right kind of eyebrows to fued with Eric Young... If he's lucky.

The guy is a disaster waiting to happen. He's had his chance in multiple companies and blown it in multiple companies. I'd much rather see someone who worked hard and had the right attitude get signed than somebody who could have had everything and pissed it all away.

I respect talent and I know that back in the day especially wrestlers weren't all saints but times have changed and some of the change has been for the better. Copping an attitude backstage I have no problem with if the line your company has asked you to tow is stupid. Recklessly endangering others is a whole other matter.

Honestly, why would you take the time to invest time and money in somebody that's an accident waiting to happen? You can't build a program around somebody like that and you can't build a company around them. Teddy Hart isn't going to draw more than anyone else that's been in the main event picture in TNA.

I would not hire him based on a tweet from Kevin Nash. That guy knew how to make money but I'm not sure he ever really understood the wrestling business from that side of the Gorilla position.

Maybe he is a disaster waiting to happen but then again that is just your opinion. It would be nice to actually see him being giving a chance on a big stage which he's never had - WWE developmental deals don't count. Another guy beating the dead horse alluding to the ROH incident in 2003 in which Teddy Hart recklessly engendered himself & others when he was young & immature...so what blackball him from industry & never give him a another chance because of something he did 10 years ago yet lavish praise on Eddie Guerrero after he got another chance in in 2002.

Your claim that he is an accident waiting to happen is once again just an opinion not a fact. Your claim that Teddy Hart wouldn't draw in TNA has no validity because he's never been given the opportunity on that platform to draw - in this business is you never say never & anything can happen.

I wouldn't hire him based on a tweet either so what is your point? Your claim about how you're unsure if Kevin Nash ever understood the business from the gorilla position (time matches & feed commentators lines?) basically exposes your lack of knowledge.

Nash is regarded by his peers for being extremely intelligent, having a great mind for the business & for having a contemporary mindset that is in tune with pop culture. Nash knows how to work (not wrestle) in the ring, is a guy who influenced the concept of the cool heel, contributed to way pro wrestling was presented in late 90's i.e. reality based & helped book the nWo angle which revolutionized the business that lead to late 90's pro wrestling boom. Jim Ross (learned from Bill Watts) & Kevin Sullivan (learned from Eddie Graham & taught Paul Heyman) speak highly of Nash's mind for the business. Nash was WCW head booker in 1999 so I really doubt he doesn't know how to time shows etc. Nash left WWE in 2003 but not before he turned down a position in creative.

You're really not a very good judge of talent if you think Teddy Hart is just a highspot guy with a famous last name. The guy looks like a star, carries himself as a star, has the presence of a star & a uniquely different charisma & promo style which from the looks of your comment you are blind to.

I already KNOW Teddy Hart has star potential because not only can I see it but far too many people who are in the business who have had major success & know far more then me or you have stated so.

You're not going to get work if you're a douchbag? that is true to a degree but not an actual fact. Teddy Hart has been working in for AAA in Mexico the best part of the past 5 years. Guys like Scott Hall, Vampiro, Juventud Guerrera have always managed to find work. Bully Ray & JBL are/were douchebags that knew how to play the game politically. If you watched the Teddy Hart promo video I attached you'd have saw him be man enough to admit his past mistakes.

TNA's promotional incompetence is irrelevant. Get a clue.
You KNOW he has star potential, hrm? You say the ROH incident was in 2003, correct? And that it should be in the past?

And yet... no one's offered him a job. Ten years have gone by, and his biggest accomplishment since has been working in AAA as American Villain #3. The only thing any American audience- not counting the smarks you so cheerfully exclude yourself from- would know Teddy Hart from is his last name. They *might* know him from that ROH incident in 2003.

But he's different than all the other guys who do flips. You KNOW he has star potential. He CARRIES himself like a star. That shit's important when you're working in Mexico because no one will hire you in the US. There are absolutely no other professional wrestlers who "carry themselves like a star", and you'll never hear that once in every shithole professional wrestling school in the world.

All those guys you mentioned? How they were able to play the game politically? Teddy Hart can't. That's why he's been in Mexico all this time; he's been blacklisted everywhere else. I'm sure he's bringing in the big pesetas down there. If Teddy Hart knew how to "play the game politically", we wouldn't be having the discussion of "should anyone hire Teddy Hart", we'd be having the discussion over whether Teddy Hart deserves to be pushed over (insert WWE mid-card performer here).

If Teddy Hart had anything to offer anyone, he wouldn't be blacklisted from just about everywhere now. The more that you say he has to offer, the more that you have to ask yourself, "then why can't he find real work?"

There might be an actual reason for it. He might just be an annoying ********er no one wants to work with, without any redeeming qualities that get him a job despite that fact.

Also, douchebags admit their mistakes on a regular basis. When you're a shithead, you get really good at saying "I'm sorry for __________" to people, because you get a lot of practice.

I say no. I would not sign Teddy Hart if I were TNA. He is old and pretty much damaged goods at this point. I loved Teddy when he was on Wrestling Society X but that was 7 years ago.

Teddy Hart, at this point, has become irrelevant in wrestling and a good example of a wasted talent.

Teddy Hart would add absolutely nothing to TNA.

Teddy Hart is 33 years old, the same age as Chris Hero who everybody was hoping would get a break until he was released last month. How old was Macho Man Randy Savage when he got a break in WWE in 1985? How old was Austin Aries in in 2011 when TNA gave him another opportunity after he allegedly had attitude problems in his prior TNA run?

Your opinion has zero credibility.

I'd much rather think like a promoter than be a mark for a useless prick. If I'm beating a dead horse talking about an imature Teddy Hart, explain why he was suspended indefinately from AAA only three years ago?

Personally, as a fan, I don't care for spot-monkeys who would rather go off script to look cool than tell a god damned story. The only thing controversial about Teddy Hart is his inability to keep a job, or talk without swearing. Scott Halls controversies are a worked angle and alcoholism. What was the last controversial thing Nash has done which wasnt an absolute clusterfuck? Steiner's only controversy lies in steroids and calling people fat, but sure, they were all pretty cool in the 90's.

The Xdiv is the only place for a guy of his style, and he could do some work their, so long as he doesn't have to cut a promo. He's most likely past the point of improving enough to have any significant benefits for TNA. He wishes he could go to TNA. He could probably team with Robbie E, and he has the right kind of eyebrows to fued with Eric Young... If he's lucky.

Woah, calm down kid, I get the impression you're taking this a little bit too serious - it's only pro wrestling. I couldn't care less why he was suspended by AAA 3 years ago. That's all you people go about his backstage conduct...disregarding what I stated in my original post when I said “Give him a chance & in my opinion there isn't a shread of doubt he wouldn't get over...if he screws up fire him.”

So you don't care for spot-monkeys who would rather go off script to look cool than tell a god damned story. Teddy Hart isn't a spot monkey because he can also wrestle & if you were familiar with his work you would know this. Lucha Libre doesn't have psychology. You don't like people that go off script? Well other then that one occasion 10 years ago, please name me ALL these many other occasions (stating the source to back your claims) where Teddy Hart went off script. Your hostility towards him is kinda funny.

There is a lot more controversial about Teddy Hart then his ability to not keep a job...but I'd expect a hater to say that because you're now clearly clutching a straws trying to save your pathetic argument. I would list them but I'd have to do a bit of research to clarify the specifics because I make fact based comments.

As for the controversies of the following men:

- Scott Hall killed a man, was apart of the Kliq, curtain call, was a notorious prick backstage, went off script on live TV which made Goldberg so mad that he nearly chopped he arms of punching out a limo window, dated Brad Siegel's daughter so he wouldn't get fired etc.

- Kevin Nash was apart of the Kliq, curtain call, was notorious for shoot comments on TV, made a citizens arrest live on MTV spring break in 1997, bitched slapped Piper backstage, ended Goldberg's streak, Finger Poke Of Doom, bitch slapped Samoa Joe backstage, had IWC in uproar over comments about Wade Barrett & then Benoit/Guerrero/Punk/Bryan etc.

- Scott Steiner was notorious for stiffing opponents, getting arrested for terrorist threats, shooting on live TV, beating up fans, taping his fingers together so he didn't get fined shooting the bird, intimidating everybody, being a legit hardman loose cannon, going on Twitter a shooting on Bischoff & Hogan etc.

I strongly disagree that the X-Division is the only place for a guy of Teddy Hart's style because he can wrestle any style - but you don't know that because you're unfamiliar with his work. Why would you not let a guy who on his day is one of the best promos in the business talk?

I honestly don't think Teddy Hart does wish he was working for TNA based on interviews I have read, watched & listed with him (I'm guessing you don't read, watch & listen to Teddy Hart interviews). I simply made the thread because I wish I could watch this guy every week from anywhere in the world & TNA has a platform where he could do that.

If Teddy Hart was in TNA he'd be mixing it up with the likes of Austin Aries, Kurt Angle & Bully Ray.

He is no one I would want to see in TNA. Before I ever saw him wrestle there was SO much hype for this guy (in Calgary at least). A friend of mine gives me a match between Teddy Hart vs. Jack Evans vs. Petey Williams saying this is the GREATEST match I've ever seen, I watch the match, and it wasn't even a match, it was a spot fest with zero psychology. I've seen Teddy Hart matches since then and the best way to describe him is how I described the first match I saw him in a "spot fest with zero psychology". He also seems to be quite reckless in the ring with a complete disregard for the person he's working with.

Teddy is incredible in the sense he can do every move in the book, he has a pretty good look but I've never seen a lick of psychology to anything he does ever, its like he went to wrestling school but never learned how to work a match and that's HUGE when it comes to wrestling.

I've seen probably a good hour of promo's from him, I've seen probably 4-5 hours of matches he was in and he's never shown me he has any substance, he's flashy moves nothing more. Couple that in with a piss, poor attitude where he acts like he's god gift to wrestling and he still has so much to learn if he is ever gonna be a big success in wrestling. He's not like HBK where he has a shit attitude but is so good you'll put up with him, I've seen worse but considering where his work level is currently at he needs to be a saint in the locker room if he expects any American promotion to look at him seriously.

There is no room for wrecklessness in the wrestling business. Its one thing to be a dick behind the scenes, but when you endanger the lives of others you get exiled, as it should be. Are there exceptions? Sure, but why make another for someone you know is going to do more harm than good.

As for the controversies of the following men:

- Scott Hall killed a man, was apart of the Kliq, curtain call, was a notorious prick backstage, went off script on live TV which made Goldberg so mad that he nearly chopped he arms of punching out a limo window, dated Brad Siegel's daughter so he wouldn't get fired etc.

- Kevin Nash was apart of the Kliq, curtain call, was notorious for shoot comments on TV, made a citizens arrest live on MTV spring break in 1997, bitched slapped Piper backstage, ended Goldberg's streak, Finger Poke Of Doom, bitch slapped Samoa Joe backstage, had IWC in uproar over comments about Wade Barrett & then Benoit/Guerrero/Punk/Bryan etc.

- Scott Steiner was notorious for stiffing opponents, getting arrested for terrorist threats, shooting on live TV, beating up fans, taping his fingers together so he didn't get fined shooting the bird, intimidating everybody, being a legit hardman loose cannon, going on Twitter a shooting on Bischoff & Hogan etc.
And yet all these people kept their jobs throughout this. Not only did they keep their jobs, they were pushed ahead of others. Why? Because they all had a history of putting asses in seats.

Teddy Hart has all of those negatives, without the ability to put asses in seats. (Spare the you KNOW crap, Madame Marie, we deal in results here.) He has not exactly lit the rest of the world on fire during his exile from America. Without delving into the realm of KNOWING the future, what does Teddy Hart offer, besides a last name, that can't be gotten anywhere else?

You get second chances when you're famous and you fuck up. This is why Kurt Angle collects DUI's like world championships. When you're a nobody and you fuck up, it haunts every job application you put in for the rest of your life.

Teddy Hart is 33 years old, the same age as Chris Hero who everybody was hoping would get a break until he was released last month. How old was Macho Man Randy Savage when he got a break in WWE in 1985? How old was Austin Aries in in 2011 when TNA gave him another opportunity after he allegedly had attitude problems in his prior TNA run?

Your opinion has zero credibility.

I just go by the fact that Bret Hart - his uncle - does not even put in a good word for him and has not even bothered to get him a shot with the WWE. I find very alarming.

The fact that Kevin Nash - according to that Nash tweet you provided in your OP - likes him, is an even bigger red flag.

Face it, Teddy should have been special, his attitude and injuries really derailed him.

I could think of plenty of other talented wrestlers like, for example, Kenny Omega who can help TNA.

Teddy Hart is a guy that was a special commodity. Those days are gone.

This is ironic coming from someone suggesting TNA hire a guy who's 10 years removed from his last big run in an American promotion. I wouldn't want to hire a guy just because his last name is Hart.

Maybe he is a disaster waiting to happen but then again that is just your opinion. It would be nice to actually see him being giving a chance on a big stage which he's never had - WWE developmental deals don't count.

Why is it that any time someone says 'that's just your opinion' it's always followed by them insinuating that THEIR opinion is true? While developmental deals don't indicate who will draw they can weed out people who don't have the attitude to succeed.

Your claim that Teddy Hart wouldn't draw in TNA has no validity because he's never been given the opportunity on that platform to draw - in this business is you never say never & anything can happen.

If Angle, Hardy, Nash, Steiner, Booker, Hogan and many more couldn't shift ratings a guy like Teddy Hart won't because he doesn't carry the name value.

I wouldn't hire him based on a tweet either so what is your point? Your claim about how you're unsure if Kevin Nash ever understood the business from the gorilla position (time matches & feed commentators lines?) basically exposes your lack of knowledge.

Because you included the tweet in your post as if Nash calling somebody good is a mark of credibility. Considering all the people that Nash has called bad, I don't trust his judgement on talent. I didn't say he was at the Gorilla position timing matches. I mentioned the Gorilla position as a metaphor for the divide between what goes on in the ring and what goes on backstage. I'm shaking my head that you're basing Nash's WCW booking in '99 as evidence that he knows what sells. That's when WCW began going downhill. The guy knew how to play to his strengths in the ring. I don't doubt he's intelligent. He's intelligent when it comes to political manoeuvrings backstage and of covering up his limitations.

You know why Teddy Hart wouldn't do well? I've never heard anyone extol his virtues except you and Kevin Nash. Nobody mentions him, nobody thinks about him, nobody is excited that he might show up.

Past behaviour is a good indicator of future behaviour. I don't care how long it's been, if you have that little concern for people's safety in a profession that has claimed so many victims you don't deserve another chance.

Scott Hall may have been controversial but he's hardly an aspirational figure is he.

You KNOW he has star potential, hrm? You say the ROH incident was in 2003, correct? And that it should be in the past?

And yet... no one's offered him a job. Ten years have gone by, and his biggest accomplishment since has been working in AAA as American Villain #3. The only thing any American audience- not counting the smarks you so cheerfully exclude yourself from- would know Teddy Hart from is his last name. They *might* know him from that ROH incident in 2003.

But he's different than all the other guys who do flips. You KNOW he has star potential. He CARRIES himself like a star. That shit's important when you're working in Mexico because no one will hire you in the US. There are absolutely no other professional wrestlers who "carry themselves like a star", and you'll never hear that once in every shithole professional wrestling school in the world.

All those guys you mentioned? How they were able to play the game politically? Teddy Hart can't. That's why he's been in Mexico all this time; he's been blacklisted everywhere else. I'm sure he's bringing in the big pesetas down there. If Teddy Hart knew how to "play the game politically", we wouldn't be having the discussion of "should anyone hire Teddy Hart", we'd be having the discussion over whether Teddy Hart deserves to be pushed over (insert WWE mid-card performer here).

If Teddy Hart had anything to offer anyone, he wouldn't be blacklisted from just about everywhere now. The more that you say he has to offer, the more that you have to ask yourself, "then why can't he find real work?"

There might be an actual reason for it. He might just be an annoying ********er no one wants to work with, without any redeeming qualities that get him a job despite that fact.

Also, douchebags admit their mistakes on a regular basis. When you're a shithead, you get really good at saying "I'm sorry for __________" to people, because you get a lot of practice.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Lucha Libre but I know enough to know Teddy Hart was more then American Villain #3 in AAA - I'll take AAA booker Konnan's word over yours any day.

To claim nobody has offered Teddy Hart a job just false. In the 10 years since the ROH incident he has been a mainstay in JAPW, was hired by WSX, was hired by WWE a second time & various independents. A gig in AAA is a spot many in the industry would love to have – who wouldn't want to work in front of 21,000 fans like Teddy Hart did at TripleMania?

Of course the Americans audience are not going to be familiar with Teddy Hart because he hasn't been exposed to the masses on mainstream national TV. Thanks for stating the obvious. BTW I'm from the UK...

I've no problem admitting I'm a smark, I'm just not a stereotypical smark that jumps on the bandwagon of popular IWC consensus.

Those guys were able to play the game because they plied their trade in a vastly different era - an era where outlaws could thrive & where the world wasn't as politically correct.

All your arguments are just theory of what could happen if he was hired. Yes, he has a reputation but by my point is like I stated in my original post; take the risk & give him a chance. LOL if Daniel Bryan & CM Punk are role players in WWE then so would Teddy Hart (midcard my arse! especially in this talent starved era).

Blacklisted from just about everywhere? LOL it's not like he has a plethora of options like Bruiser Brody did back in the territories. I know he's probably blacklisted form WWE, but TNA...nah, ROH...not sure since he's did work since 2003 with them.

The thing you need comprehend is that people grow up & change. Yeah I'm sure he's still nuts, in fact I know he is but not nearly as much as he was before. All of you detractors hang your hat on an incident from 10 years ago.

The lame childish insults towards Teddy Hart don't strengthen your argument.

All your arguments are just theory of what could happen if he was hired. Yes, he has a reputation but by my point is like I stated in my original post; take the risk & give him a chance. LOL if Daniel Bryan & CM Punk are role players in WWE then so would Teddy Hart (midcard my arse! especially in this talent starved era).
OK, it's clear you aren't reading my posts now, because this is pretty much exactly the opposite of what I said. What I've been saying is that there is absolutely no reason for anyone to hire him. (WSX, whooooofuckinghooo.) I haven't said word one about what would happen if he got fired, merely that he's fucked up so much in the past that there doesn't seem to be any reason to hire him in the future.

Sorry, kid. You'll learn as you get older that a bad reputation will follow you for years, if you don't do anything to convince people wrong. (This means more than issuing apologies, it means actually convincing people you're worth something. If you don't learn this lesson someday, or if I'm missing wildly on your age, God have mercy on your soul.)

The question is: Why hire Teddy Hart, risk of baggage included, when there are plenty of other guys without the baggage that you can hire? What is it that you see in your favorite professional wrestler that none of the minds at ROH, TNA, or WWE have seen in the past ten years? Why do people have to "get over the past" (assuming his attitude IS in the past), when they can hire just about anyone else?

Quit telling people how you KNOW, and show us that the world has been wrong about Teddy Hart, and you're right. Minus selected quotes from other professional wrestlers you like, if people cared you'd get killed in the Teddy Hart quote game.

Sorry, kid. Your favorite professional wrestler is a douche whom no one wants to give a chance to. Pick your heroes better. Unless you are Teddy Hart, which would explain why you're the only person in America who seems to know what he's been up to lately.

Incorrect. Teddy Hart was a regular for JAPW for many years, was hired for WSX, he they was hired by WWE a 2nd time & as for AAA which has been his regular gig in recent years...do you know how many wrestlers would love to have had that spot & worked infront of 20,000 fans at TripleMania?

You damn right I KNOW Teddy Hart has star potential & so does Bret Hart, Kevin Nash & Konnan to name a few. I don't pretend to be an expert on Lucha Libre but I know enough to know Teddy Hart was more then just American Villain #3 - i take AAA booker Konnan's word over yours any day.

I'm quite happy to admit I'm a smark, I'm just not a stereotypical smark that jumps on the bandwagon of popular IWC consensus.

Well if you have not had the national mainstream exposure of course the American audience isn't going to know you so other then stating the obvious I don't know what point you're trying to make. BTW I'm from the UK...

Rolling my eyes...we all know why Teddy Hart has not been hired. My point is give him a chance...that's all. Teddy Hart would be main event in WWE not midcard & you can laugh all you want at my opinion but if Daniel Bryan & CM Punk

He is no one I would want to see in TNA. Before I ever saw him wrestle there was SO much hype for this guy (in Calgary at least). A friend of mine gives me a match between Teddy Hart vs. Jack Evans vs. Petey Williams saying this is the GREATEST match I've ever seen, I watch the match, and it wasn't even a match, it was a spot fest with zero psychology. I've seen Teddy Hart matches since then and the best way to describe him is how I described the first match I saw him in a "spot fest with zero psychology". He also seems to be quite reckless in the ring with a complete disregard for the person he's working with.

Teddy is incredible in the sense he can do every move in the book, he has a pretty good look but I've never seen a lick of psychology to anything he does ever, its like he went to wrestling school but never learned how to work a match and that's HUGE when it comes to wrestling.

I've seen probably a good hour of promo's from him, I've seen probably 4-5 hours of matches he was in and he's never shown me he has any substance, he's flashy moves nothing more. Couple that in with a piss, poor attitude where he acts like he's god gift to wrestling and he still has so much to learn if he is ever gonna be a big success in wrestling. He's not like HBK where he has a shit attitude but is so good you'll put up with him, I've seen worse but considering where his work level is currently at he needs to be a saint in the locker room if he expects any American promotion to look at him seriously.

That fact your friend saw something special in the match says it all - just because you didn't like it it doesn't mean everybody agrees. A card in 2013 needs variety - nothing wrong with a spotfest match. If you have saw Teddy Hart matches since that were in AAA that had no psychology that is because psychology doesn't exist in Lucha Libre...it doesn't stop people buying tickets either & NEVER has. TNA X-Division doesn't need psychology. I've seen Teddy Hart matches with psychology.

Psychology is important but not nearly as important as it once was & in case you have not noticed it's a dying art with the list of workers knowing how to go beyond the basics getting smaller by the day.

You claim Teddy Hart thinks he's god gift to wrestling...which means you buy his gimmick & you're a mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back