• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should TNA seek a SPOT ON FOX Sports 1?

The Boss

'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling
On the new FOX Sports 1 network there will be a show called "Crowd Gone Wild" that will have a panel discussing the entertainment side of sports. I think this would be the perfect spot to get some added publicity for TNA. Hulk Hogan has always had a good relationship with FOX and Regis Philban (co host of the show). If Dixie could strike a deal to get them to discuss IMPACT WRESTLING once a week and perhaps have various TNA stars appear on the show at times to hype the product and get exposure it could really help introduce TNA to a lot of people who still haven't discovered it.

This is one area where Vince has no foothold and could be great opportunity to distinguish themselves from the WWE product.

TNA would have to get rid of Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz....being that the UFC and FS1 have a working relationship.

TNA would have to get rid of Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz....being that the UFC and FS1 have a working relationship.

But..... but...... the ratings are extremely up because of them......

On a real note im a huge fan of TNA and this could be big for them as it is a major network and considering their fox sports south deal they had back in 04 fox might be willing to have impact wrestling specials like hardcore justice or no surrender on their channel which i think would be a big boost to the ratings. In short as a fan of impact I would love for them to have a deal on fox sports 1

But..... but...... the ratings are extremely up because of them......

Are we talking for real here or fantasy? The real note is that TNA, Spike and Bellator are joined at the hip with contracts etc....no one is going anywhere.

So that being said...why would FS1....which is trying to go up against ESPN....acquire Impact? Seems that "Impact" doesn't have much of an "Impact" when it comes to ratings. FS1 wants UFC and major sports.

I don't mean move Impact Wrestling to FS1 as I know they have a contract with Spike. However that doesn't mean they can't allow their wrestlers to appear on a FS1 show to hype TNA. Spike shouldn't mind that as it's more advertising for their own network.

I don't think switching to fox sports 1 would really benefit them at all. Its a network in its infancy and it still doesn't have alot of established viewers yet. Even the ufc event (which is its largest viewership on the network so far), only had 1.7 million viewers for a 1.3 rating, which isn't all that much more than impact now.

Due to not only tito and rampage, but also TNA's relationship with bellator means that they'll never be on FS1

Okay . . .

Yes. Yes they should appear on the show. Because that will be good.

Hold on, this discussion is too heated.

Never going to happen. It would be far more likely to see WWE stars hyping stuff on FS1 than TNA stars. Fox's relationship with the UFC would keep anything even close to Bellator related off their channel.

Spike and Viacom is the best thing that has ever happened to TNA. There isn't a better cable network out there for TNA. At one point I did expect Viacom to do more to promote TNA. They did a helluva lot more for WWE when they had Raw....but maybe it will happen now that they have escaped the Impact zone. Just keep going.

You guys are missing the point. I'm not saying TNA should leave Spike TV. Impact Wrestling would stay on Spike. What I'm saying is that they should get FS1's TV series "Crowds Gone Wild" - which will feature a panel headed by Regis Philban who will discuss the entertainment side of sports - to discuss TNA and have their stars speak as guests on the show. This will help get the TAN name out more as well as give more exposure to the wrestler who appear on the show.

In addition they might also try to get TNA Xplosion on FS1. It most likely could only get a late night spot if any but it would still be good to have another show on the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back