• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should TNA bring back VKM?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
No, not THAT VKM, I'm talking B.G. James and The New Age Outlaw, Voodoo Kin Maffia. It's a simple question thread really...

-What are your thoughts on VKM?
-Do you think they would do well under the current TNA product?
-Would you like to see them return?

I wasn't really a fan of VKM, because I think they spent way too much time attacking Vince McMahon, Triple H, and HBK, and not enough time actually being great competitors. But I think they had the ability to be great, and if they focussed on their feuds with actual TNA personal, I think they would be a good asset to have back in the game. I'm not really sold on the idea of VKM though. If they did return I would hope it would be as the James Gang or the New Age Outlaws or something (pending they could get clearance from the WWE to do so). I think the tag team division could really use them, because Beer Money is only going to be able to do so much. With Team 3D imploding, it might be a good idea to start thinking about who could replace them as the dominate tag team on TNA with a history. It's not necessary, it's just something I wouldn't mind happening.

No. B.G. James and Kip James absolutely topped the charts of nearly every top-10 list created on this forum of roster talents to be cut had the fans had the choice of who to lose over two years ago, and I seriously doubt anything they've done since would change that where they to be brought back now.

I enjoyed 3Live Kru for a while, but BG ran his course in wrestling. He belongs working in the back, as does Kip.

I think they should be left alone. Like the OP said, they just cut promo after promo attacking Vince, HBK and HHH. They were doing this when DX were on of the biggest things on Raw at the time. These days, HBK is gone, HHH is injured, and Vince is hardly ever on TV (especially compared to how much he was during the Vince vs DX fued)

Bringing these guy back would be like bringing back the Band. It shouldn't happen, so it probably will

If they use new TNA wrestlers instead of Kip and Bg. Personally I think there is a little to gain with these. They can deffenetly be TNA's Dx. They just need Younger stars : Kaz, Matt Bently, JD Michaels, Eric Young, and Trina Michaels would make the perfect new VKM. They are new stars who have the look and exept in Trinas case, in ring talent. SO to answer your question would I like to see the return of VKM? Yes, but it would need a change.

TNA will NEVER grow if they bring back stars that were popular over 10 years ago. Just like in sports you develop young talent and hope one lights fire. That's what WWE does with their developmental. They are developing talent in hopes one of them becomes the next World Champion. TNA Wrestling isn't exactly elevating young talent well and is suffering. Kaz should have been a more serious talent a few years ago. Matt MOrgan should be on top based on the endorsement he received from Jim COrnette years ago.
As for the VKM group, it just seemed like a lame attempt to be another DX making fun of people and let's face it Kip and BG were hardly the coolest members of DX.

No Because Like waylonmercy Said and I've Been Saying, TNA Will NEVER Grow Unless They Use Fresh, New & Improved Superstars For Their Show

If they use new TNA wrestlers instead of Kip and Bg. Personally I think there is a little to gain with these. They can deffenetly be TNA's Dx. They just need Younger stars : Kaz, Matt Bently, JD Michaels, Eric Young, and Trina Michaels would make the perfect new VKM. They are new stars who have the look and exept in Trinas case, in ring talent. SO to answer your question would I like to see the return of VKM? Yes, but it would need a change.

I can see that, but with Kip and BG being the manager of them or being the ones behind the new VKM

As most people have said, they have run there course as performers. It was a shame that TNA never really capitalized the fact that they had Team 3d, VKM, The Outsiders, and The Steiners all on the roster at one point. They could have had a decent tournament to prove who was the best tag team of all time, but sadly just became a minor feud.

Right now TNA has no need for VKM with Beer Money, MCMG, Ink Inc and Generation Me on the roster.

The problem with these guys is that they originally got over thanks to BGJ's mic work and their affiliation with DX. Now BGJ's work sounds very canned and neither does awesome in the ring. On top of that, Kip is about to turn 50. I've always felt bad for him because I felt like he was a more charismatic Lex Luger, but he just came along at the wrong time. They would look pretty lame next to Beer Money or the MCMG at this point (not that that's stopping Team 3D).

The ONLY way where I'd like to see them again is if they were part of a larger story or stable. For example, let's say Jarrett stops playing "good soldier" and tries to take his company back; it'd make sense that he'd recruit a former ally like BGJ to help. Of course Kip would come along from the ride. Something like that could work, but anything that calls on them to fend for their own will not end well.

No, they wouldn't fit in very well..They just used to bash DX..and they hardly wrestled..and what happened to letting the young wrestlers getting their chances??

These 2 have a great legacy as a team and, anymore would probably hurt it!!

I never suggest they should be TNA's DX, or even return to that story in any way shape or form. I just didn't get to see a whole lot of them by the time I started watching TNA, and I had no idea they were that generally hated by the fans. But that's cool, I was just wondering what people thought of a possible VKM return. I think they could definitely be useful in some capacity, most likely backstage. I'm sure they could add to the creative pool more than SOME people back there...

What difference would it make if th Voodoo Kin Mafia returned to TNA? Hulk Effing Hogan couldn't bring ratings past the 1.5 mark, followed by perpetual 1.1's and 1.0's. It'd just be another hole for TNA to throw money in, and for what? The magnificent "wrestling" abilities of Road Dogg and The One Billy Gunn?

There's no benefit to this idea except to give away money to those two guys who despite their talent and ability, can't do shit for the company anymore, and were never really "over" beyond midcard mainstays in 5 minute tag team matches

The promos were funny of VKM, but after a while no one really cared. It's not like VKM drew ratings or sold tickets. BG and Kip James were popular in DX back in WWF, but they really weren't as popular in TNA. The same can be said about Sean Morely and Dustin Runnels. They are all good workers but were only over in a certain era of wrestling. Its sad but a lot of wrestlers have fallen victim to only being over during a certain time period.

I really don't see what bringing VKM back would do besides take attention away from TNA and talking more about WWE, which is the last thing TNA needs to do. The biggest problem with TNA over the years has been talking about WWE. TNA needs to be their own product and forget WWE. I even hear Mike Tenay talk about how TNA wrestlers were apart of DX in WWE. There is no reason for that. It's not like WWE has ever said that R Truth or Christian were former NWA World Champions.

VKM was fun for a little while but it them became juvenile and stupid. The only way to compete with your opponent is to beat them at their game, not mock them every chance you get.

let me get this straight... In the supposed "youth movement" of TNA, you want them to bring back a tag team that hasn't been relevant for ten years? Yeah, thanks, but no. Road Dogg has a good mind for the business, but he's best now as a road agent, sharing his wisdom with younger athletes who can still actually move in the ring. Gunn is best to just die away, and live a good life. Hopefully he's saved a lot, because there's nothing more for Kip James to do but sit back and enjoy his career. The tag team division is better without them, and if they did interviews, it would all be the same old stuff we've heard before.

I think I will respectfully pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back