Should they keep Jake Roberts around?

sadly I think this was jake finale moment that why he was saved till the end.

it was just sad none off the crowd knew who he was the crowd was dead the man should have had a bigger pop then that.

I also think matt stricker was missing in the booth think when nash returned at the rumble few years ago and how he marked out

anyway yes they should keep him around in the back to teach up and comers .

Good point but wasn't it Scott Hall that skipped Wrestlemania last year for those reasons?

I don't know about Hall, but Jake was invited to do a wrestlemania party/autograph session but turned it down because he said he was not in the right place to be in that environment. When asked about it, he said something along the lines of "It isnt the people, its the frame of mind they all get when their together", and he didn't want to temp himself yet".

As much as I loved seeing Jake Roberts on Raw, I wish he had confronted the Wyatt Family instead of The Shield. Would've been far more epic.

guys like Snake Roberts are best utilised in short sharp bursts, ie have him appear, then so long......WWE wouldnt be able to have him on the road, he would fall off the wagon too easily.

Totally agree. The grind of being on the road has led many performers to delve into "medical" methods of keeping up.....and if there's anyone who has shown himself to be a poster child for that type of remedy, it's Jake Roberts.

Still, I like the idea of an occasional appearance in which Jake is actually given something to do other than wave hello......sort of a Mick Foley-type deal. No, I'm not talking about The Snake showing up as Santa Claus; I'd rather see him do a brief skit in the manner Ric Flair and Roddy Piper did this past Monday, in which someone has a bone to pick with Jake and he can (hopefully) squeeze a single DDT out of his tortured old body to show them he's still the bad dude we remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back