• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Smackdown go live

Should smackdown go live

• Yes

• No

• Anything to get UFC off TV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edgeheadfan

Dark Match Winner
In all the time Smackdown has been on the air it has only been live Once and that was its very first show all the way back in the 90s with more and more people staying home Friday night should WWE make Smackdown live, that way the can finale get the same ratings as raw instead of the UFC type rating

I don't look at ratings, but I'm sure that UFC get's more than Smackdown, possibly even Raw. I do know that bar WrestleMania most UFC PPV's get more viewers than WWE.

Anyway, no. Smackdown shouldn't go live. Because if it was live then I wouldn't be able to read spoilers. I like to have a mental edge over the people who don't read them. For two days I am their superior.

I also don't want to see Mr. Kennedy wrestle live.

we all know UFC get the same rating as Dawson creek did no shock since their both alike a bunch of grown man crying and bitching like woman

I would love to see smackdown go live since its the 2nd highest rated show on Tv on Friday nights

we all know UFC get the same rating as Dawson creek did no shock since their both alike a bunch of grown man crying and bitching like woman

I've never watched Dawson's Creek, but I hear it was very popular.

I would love to see smackdown go live since its the 2nd highest rated show on Tv on Friday nights

That'll be because most people go out on a Friday night. Whoop-de-doo. Smackdown get's the second highest ratings on TV on a Friday. That's because wrestling geeks have no social life and stay in.

The good thing about spoilers is that you can check to see if the show is worth watching. Not that any sane person would chose to stay in and watch wrestling if they had the oppertunity to go out.

I've never watched Dawson's Creek, but I hear it was very popular.

That'll be because most people go out on a Friday night. Whoop-de-doo. Smackdown get's the second highest ratings on TV on a Friday. That's because wrestling geeks have no social life and stay in.

The good thing about spoilers is that you can check to see if the show is worth watching. Not that any sane person would chose to stay in and watch wrestling if they had the oppertunity to go out.

Wrong Really so 10,OOOO people are wrestling geeks have no social life and stay in. compare to the 5 percent that Go out on a Friday night because their to stuipd to stay home so they go out and cause trouble

Wrong Really so 10,OOOO people are wrestling geeks have no social life and stay in.

If Smackdown is getting high ratings on a Friday then aren't I right?

compare to the 5 percent that Go out on a Friday night because their to stuipd to stay home so they go out and cause trouble

Because all people who go out for a drink after a long hard week at work cause trouble.

If Smackdown is getting such great ratings then maybe it should go live. But I really doubt that it is. Like I said, I don't read up on ratings. But I doubt it is, maybe it's just getting good ratings for the station it's on.

I always wondered why Smackdown never went live on Tuesday. It should be live and I believe that it would make Smackdown look equal to Raw in terms of status. The reason why Raw is the flagship show is because they are live so I believe that if Smackdown were to change their status from taped to live, they would get more respect and be equal or possibly better than Raw. It would be a good thing.

It would be interesting to see how it turns out. A strong reason why SmackDown suffers lower ratings is because, as mentioned above, far more of the target audience (18-35 year old males) are going out on a Friday night than they are on a Monday night, for obvious reason. Monday, your week just started, you have to go to work (school) the next day, you just want to sit down at 9 and watch TV, say hello to Raw. Friday, it's the weekend, you've got two days off, let's go out, get dinner, see a movie, have a drink, what have you.

Perhaps there may also be some talk about moving back to Thursday's, but in fact, SmackDown ratings went up in the move to Friday. Honestly, SmackDown is pulling very strong ratings in its timeslot and with it's demographic. Some may also state that MyNetwork TV is a problem, but really, SmackDown isn't pulling really any better or worse ratings than on CW.

It's doing solid, but the question is, why not Raw ratings? It has equivalent talent to Raw, in the Undertaker, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Edge, etc., and the show doesn't really follow any greatly different format from Raw. The problem?

(A) Raw has a superior timeslot.
(B) Raw has a stronger history as being the "A-Show", even when it wasn't.
(C) And, to some small extent, Raw is live.

Raw is live is certainly not the strongest factor in the equation, but it's part of it. I think a live SmackDown would be interesting, and I'm sure it would help ratings, but I doubt it would pull up to equal Raw in ratings even so. Raw just has the timeslot and the history, and you can't change the history. There's also no real better timeslot for SD to move to other than the same as Raw, considering Thursday night wasn't doing as well as Friday night, and not to mention facing the (however small) competition from TNA on that night.

Overall, SD live could help, but it wouldn't do much. I don't see why not, but I don't really see a big why either.

I'm against Smackdown going live, in all honesty. I live in Australia where no WWE show is live (except PPV's). But I'll give my thoughts on it anyway. Raw is and will likely almost will be, the 'flagship' show of the WWE. It is the show all WWE fans have to watch. Whether that's because of the long history of the show, the timeslot and the fact that the show is shown live is yet to be determined. Smackdown is seen as the "B" show. Being the second most important show out of the 3. As far as I know, ECW is mostly shown live in the U.S but I could be wrong on that.

But not many viewers tune into ECW, so it is still known as the least important show in the company. This is mainly due to it have a small talent roster and only being a one hour show. Smackdown has much more talent that what ECW has, but it just isn't the flagship show of the company. Plus if it gets show live on a Tuesday Night where it is originally filmed, ECW's ratings will go down significantly as I'm sure people don't want to watch 3 hours of WWE programming every single week. If it is shown live on a Friday, it really won't make much of a difference because as Jake pointed out, many people go out on a Friday night.

I really see no point why Smackdown should go live. Some people mainly read the spoilers because they know they are going to miss the show. And some people read the spoilers but will still watch the show regardless. So no, I don't think Smackdown should go live on a Friday night for reasons mentioned above. I don't even think it's worth a try.

No.

I read the spoilers. If it were live, I would have no spoilers. I'm selfish. Simple as that.

For real, though. I don't see any point in it being live. Wouldn't do much of anything. And I constantly hear about things they have to do over. I don't want to watch any of that live.

I guess none of this relly matters for me, though. I am never home at eight on Friday's to watch Smackdown. Better things to do.

If Smackdown is getting such great ratings then maybe it should go live. But I really doubt that it is. Like I said, I don't read up on ratings. But I doubt it is, maybe it's just getting good ratings for the station it's on.

actually, more people watch SD! than do RAW. fact.

and the answer to this is no. Why the shit would they?? what would it improve about the program?? why would more people watch??

the answers would be

no reason
nothing
they wouldnt

So there isnt really a positive to this, and would matter to anyone. why fix something that isnt broken?? Can you tell the difference between the taped shows, and the live shows?? They could most likely lie and say they were live every week, and you wouldnt know the difference. There is no need for this change, as it would accomplish little to nothing

No, I would have to wait like a extra 2 days to watch it in australia (Meaning it wouldnt be on till sunday). I prefer it being on Friday after noons at 2:30pm

Well, if they did they'd lose a few viewers in the UK because i don't stay up til 2am on Mondays for Raw so i sure as hell won't stay up til 2am for Smackdown, but then i rarely stay in on fridays to watch it anyway. Good ol' Youtube lets me filter through the shit. I could have done without sitting through The Bellas and Michelle McFool vs Jobtoria, Natalya and the oh so gorgeous Maryse last night. In fact, the only match last night i wanted to see was Shelton v HHH and i fell asleep. Both Hardy v TBK and Hardy v Koslov were boring with BOTH opponents running away from the contendors all the time.

Anyway, i don't think the fact that botches wouldn't be able to get retaped would make such an impact. They botch things on Raw and leave it in all the time so why would it be such a bad thing for Smackdown..... (oh yeah, because Smackdown is botchtopia)

Plus there's the fact that Smackdown tapings usually occur in the same city as Raw did, so they'd have to either wait around in the same city til Friday or continue to travel only to go all the way BACK to where they were earlier that week.

Smackdown should go live but instead of fridays it should be tuesdays cuz most people go out on fridays and dont have time for wrestling and ecw should air wednesday or thursday of course being taped

Well I was at the most recent SD event and HHH was facing Morrison in a tables match. The match was supposed to end by HHH throwing Morisson off the top rope through a table outside of the ring. HHH threw Morrison off the top rope but he missed the table and hit the floor. So, smart HHH moved the table out of the way( so its hidden) and put a new table in the same exact place. Then they did the whole fight scene over again like nothing happened, only this time Morrison went through the table. I guess WWE will cut the part where Morrison misses the table and make it so it looks like nothing happened. If Smackdown was live they would be able to do that! It was just odd because why would you do the whole fight sequence over again! They must be cutting out the part where he misses the table so it looks like they didnt make a mistake! Theyre taking advantage of SD being taped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back