Should RAW have more WRESTLING?

OIL

Championship Contender
Im constently finding myself wanting to see more wrestling on RAW. They have the wrestlers, just spend too much time with promos. Granted, adverts take up roughly 20 minutes of RAW, which if it wern't there, could add in a PPV worthy main event for once.

Hell, id even watch the Divas have a match for 10 minutes if its good. The main events need to be around 15 - 25 minutes long, but short main events can be good if it tells the story.

All in all, should RAW contain more wrestling and less mindless promos.

Just a question, why the HELL is there so many adverts?

Us in the UK get one every like, 15 minutes. When im watching at 2AM, the amount of adverts kills me. I can't get into RAW because it is so stop-start.

Im constently finding myself wanting to see more wrestling on RAW. They have the wrestlers, just spend too much time with promos. Granted, adverts take up roughly 20 minutes of RAW, which if it wern't there, could add in a PPV worthy main event for once.

Hell, id even watch the Divas have a match for 10 minutes if its good. The main events need to be around 15 - 25 minutes long, but short main events can be good if it tells the story.

All in all, should RAW contain more wrestling and less mindless promos.

Just a question, why the HELL is there so many adverts?

Us in the UK get one every like, 15 minutes. When im watching at 2AM, the amount of adverts kills me. I can't get into RAW because it is so stop-start.
Why is there not more wrestling on Raw? Well, it's promoting 101. The WWE wants you to buy PPV to watch the matches, so they don't give them to you on free TV. It makes the PPVs more special, and gives the show more time to build to the PPV. Plus, like Disco has said, lots of wrestling on one show doesn't typically draw good ratings.

As far as the advertisements go, that is the USA Network's doing. With the current contract that the WWE has with USA, USA Network pays the WWE money to produce the show and put it on their network. In return, USA Network gets to keep all money garnered from advertising. So, USA Network tries to put as many advertisements as possible into the show, to make the most money possible.

For a business standpoint? No, because its all about making money and they try to use the "drill it in your head" method.

For an entertainment standpoint? 100% undoubtedly yes. I personally can't stand sitting through the same 6 promos 3 times a week or more. Add that to the fact that USA, CW, and Sci-Fi are guilty of the battering ram commercials as well, and every week I end up spending too much time on Raw/Smackdown/ECW watching the same exact commercials and promos. Does it work on me? Nope. The more I see something that I don't originally find intriguing, the less I respond to it. Drilling me with the same Taco Bell commercial only makes me hate that song now and wish that nobody buys the product. Esurance isn't getting my service and I won't care more about Cena by hearing the "in a hospital, my life was crumbling" speech for the 300th time. It just makes me want to boo him more.

For my own tastes, I'd like to see a lot more wrestling - and less DQ finishes on top of that - but they won't do that, because it doesn't translate to money for them. If anything, they'll probably cut out more of the wrestling. Pretty soon they'll have 2 hours of Raw and Smackdown, with 30 minutes of wrestling, but people will still watch.

For a business standpoint? No, because its all about making money and they try to use the "drill it in your head" method.

For an entertainment standpoint? 100% undoubtedly yes. I personally can't stand sitting through the same 6 promos 3 times a week or more. Add that to the fact that USA, CW, and Sci-Fi are guilty of the battering ram commercials as well, and every week I end up spending too much time on Raw/Smackdown/ECW watching the same exact commercials and promos. Does it work on me? Nope. The more I see something that I don't originally find intriguing, the less I respond to it. Drilling me with the same Taco Bell commercial only makes me hate that song now and wish that nobody buys the product. Esurance isn't getting my service and I won't care more about Cena by hearing the "in a hospital, my life was crumbling" speech for the 300th time. It just makes me want to boo him more.

For my own tastes, I'd like to see a lot more wrestling - and less DQ finishes on top of that - but they won't do that, because it doesn't translate to money for them. If anything, they'll probably cut out more of the wrestling. Pretty soon they'll have 2 hours of Raw and Smackdown, with 30 minutes of wrestling, but people will still watch.

*it mustve been a typo, a typo, a typo, it mustve been a typo, CANT BE TRUE*

Im going to start buying cigarettes next week. Id rather catch cancer and die than have to see that fucking commercial again.

Its yes and no sort of question.yes i like to see more wrestling but promos for ppvs is the main aim.i rather pay for ppv for the wrestling and storyline for raw and maybe add few more longer matches or better booking.last raw was pretty boring with a few good bits.just that after the lead after wrestlemania takes the sting out of everything.as for adverts i live in the uk and we have less adverts than usa i have vist the loads of time in usa and understand that adverts are more often there for money like every other tv network on the world adverts are coming more often and spoiling everything.going back on myself i think little bit more longer matchs.

*it mustve been a typo, a typo, a typo, it mustve been a typo, CANT BE TRUE*

Im going to start buying cigarettes next week. Id rather catch cancer and die than have to see that fucking commercial again.

Hahaha I'm so sick of that commercial too. The only positive thing it has going for it is that it isn't as loud as the other ones. I'm getting so fed up with the standard "video game of the week" with incredibly loud rock music that we keep being shown. By the time I sit through 3 commercial breaks, I'm about ready to set the DVR and walk away so I can skip through all the promos and commercials.

Interesting. Well, fair enough, they do need promos to build the storylines. But hell, one match should last 20 minutes at least. Have one awesome match every RAW. Trust me, more people would tune in then.

I think they can have the undercard guys go at it and get some good time, in the least. It helps get them over by showing more of their skills, and doesnt detract from a PPV build. Im saying just have pointless matches between midcarders that are just for the sake of having a match, kinda like Nitro used to work back in the glory days. I would like that better, but everything else Sly said is right. U gotta keep the promos rollin, and use more to build for PPVs.

True. But I did enjoy Jericho vs Hardy on RAW for the IC title. Good time for the match, kept me watching more than Maria vs Santino Marella. Bloody hell that was bad.

yea thats what im saying, something like that every week. Great match, for a title, but with little story pretaining to the actual one on one match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back