How does the WWE treat your country?

Derf

O.M.G.
Sorry about the lame name, it was the only one I could think of. Basically, I want to know how the WWE is portrayed in other counrties besides mine.

I am a Canadian. There are two negitives to that right of the top of my head. One is that we can't watch RAW Live. It has a 15 minute delay, which means if we're doing the Live Discussion, everything is spoiler right before it happens. And I really enjoy the Live Discussion.

The other Negative is a little more Touchy. It's the Benoit Murder story. While it affected the wrestling world as a whole, there is one thing the WWE is doing to Canada as a negative. Not visiting. All Canadian Dates were pulled when Benoit went Psyco, and as of typing, have yet to be remade, and they go till at least May. Which means that we in Canada don't get to watch any Live WWE for at least a year, and that seems unfair.

Now, I read of Wrestlezone the other day that WWE is finally back on in Italy after the Benoit Stuff, so I know we Canadians arn't the only ones suffering. Not just from the Benoit Situation. Those of you Overseas have to stay up till 2AM or later just to watch RAW mondays, and I'm sure there are other things negative. So I want feedback. How is your counrty treated diferent than the rest by the WWE?

:blink: Yeah, you think you got it bad? Well check this out!!:

In the U.K, when Raw comes over here they dont have the special black plastic railing things at the front where the crowd are..

They just put black cloths over normal olden day guardrails!!!:icon_sad:

In the UK we have to watch raw at 2am on a monday night but it is better then it used to be as we used to have to wait untill friday night to see it.
We get to watch smackdown on a friday night at 10ish which in usa time 5 pm so we in theory get to see smackdown before all you usa people.

We did get the ppv for free to but now we gotta pay for most of them aswell.

WWE have been a lot better in coming over here in recent years to as we smeem to get 2 raw and smackdown shows a year come from britain.
Back 5 years ago we only used to get some crappy house show which us britains had to pay to see.

lol interesting thread, WWE treats my country like crap, here in brazil we dont even have WWE on tv... well we just got ECW like 2 months ago, but its really far behind, for example, right now cm punk didnt even face big daddy v yet...

and we dont have any ppvs to order...

but im glad that we dont get it here, cuz now i can just download the shows, wich is better for me cuz i watch it when i want, theres no commercials, and i can skip the boring parts.. + free PPVs XD.. good thing too cuz the only PPV worth 40 bucks this year was WM

so yeah WWE thanks for nothing ;)

no wat...here in india wwe comes 2 weeks delayed...so i virtually watch d show 2 weeks before it airs in here
nd dat 2 in a big country like india whr millions of ppl tune into wwe evry week
so we certainly xpct a fairer dealfrm dem
1 thing gud is dat we dnt hav 2 buy d ppv ovr here cos d ppv is shown as any other regular shows on sundays...only exception dat it comes 2 weeks late..so thank god i dnt hav 2 pay nything for d crap ppv's of dese days

there is one thing the WWE is doing to Canada as a negative. Not visiting. All Canadian Dates were pulled when Benoit went Psyco, and as of typing, have yet to be remade, and they go till at least May. Which means that we in Canada don't get to watch any Live WWE for at least a year, and that seems unfair.

I never realized that W.W.E. pulled ALL Canadian shows after the Benoit tragedy. So, there haven't been ANY live shows, at all, since then? That is kinda racial.

I mean, I get the Benoit issue, but why punish a whole country? Furthermore, no offense to America (I live here, after all) but Canada has far better wrestling fans. (outside of New York & PA) I think thats stupid, & I can't believe they haven't even ran a simple house show since then.

In the U.K, when Raw comes over here they dont have the special black plastic railing things at the front where the crowd are..

Seriously, you've got to be kidding me. No offense, seriously, but this has got to be the dumbest complaint on W.W.E. not doing something that I've ever seen. You act as if W.W.E. really interacts greatly with the huge, bulky black foam guardrails, as opposed to the old school ones.

If "I" had my way, outside of seeing Jeff Hardy run around them.. you could take the bulky things, cause all they are, are crap. I can't stand when wrestlers are tossed into them then act as if it really hurt. (Cause everyone knows tossing yourself into a big foam mat is painful.) That ranks about as high up there as someone like Kane, acting as if the steps are truly heavy to move.. then the cameras accidentally catching the officials (with great ease) moving them with one hand. lol

lol interesting thread, WWE treats my country like crap, here in brazil we dont even have WWE on tv

I'm a little confused about this... how is it WWE that's at fault with certain countries not getting to see RAW live every week.

If, for example, there was enough demand for RAW in Brazil , then whichever network it is (that is interested in adding WWE to their programming), would approach the WWE about getting the rights to show it.

I'm sure the WWE would love to have the absolute most amount of exposure in pretty much any country... but they don't have direct control over the demand for their product.

Also, in Canada, the reason RAW is delayed by 15 minutes is because The Score (the channel RAW is on in Canada) is scared of playing the show live... they want the delay so that they can edit (read Censor) out any content it may deem inappropriate. This in no way constitutes WWE treating Canadians unfairly.

Australia is pretty good.
Raw: gets showed on Wednesdays 3:30 in the afternoon.
ECW: gets shown on a thursday 3:30 in the afternoon.
and smackdown we see it b4 america on friday 3:30 in the arfternoon but in america it is 1:00 in the morning, so we see it first, yes =). so we get treated prety gud.

speaking of Australia

RAW will be here next week. Doing 3 shows.
One in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

They also gave Melbourn. Edge V Cena in a cage match

and WWE has come out three times in the last three years

Cant complain with that =]

oh and we also have every WWE show, RAW, SD!, ECW, Heat & Velocity, replayed on the weekend AND late at night, this is in addition to the normal programing

well, wwe are the biggest xenophobiacs (they hate foreigners) in the planet. I mean faces HAVE to be from US, and guys from other countries HAVE to be heels. Look at this for example, Benoit was billed as being from Canada as long as he was a heel, once he turned face, he's from Atlanta. Jericho, heel, Canada, face, NY.

I've actually been to the last WWE show in Canada, in London, ON. Weird fact is, it was Benoit's last show.

And yea, I agree with superderf on the stupid 15 min tape delay, but in all fairness, I read that its Score's fault, something to do with a Govt regulation on the amount of live programming on a channel per week.

:blink: Yeah, you think you got it bad? Well check this out!!:

The special black things your talking about are just the mats for the floor made into a cover for the guard rails.

Here you have all the shows (including ppv all free) but with 1 month of delay and they short them and censor them!!!
Also it was schedule that wwe will make an live event here in last august but it was canceled because of the stupid war with Lebanon!!!
Also just yesterday they canceled a show of TNA that was schedule to take place here in two weeks because they sell tickets only for the first day of two!!!
Sooo still here in israel no wrestling event from USA!!
The time of the shows (if i can catch them thorough the internet) are 2 AM FOR SmackDown 3 AM for raw and PPV and 4 AM for ECW!!!

I'm a little confused about this... how is it WWE that's at fault with certain countries not getting to see RAW live every week.

If, for example, there was enough demand for RAW in Brazil , then whichever network it is (that is interested in adding WWE to their programming), would approach the WWE about getting the rights to show it.

I'm sure the WWE would love to have the absolute most amount of exposure in pretty much any country... but they don't have direct control over the demand for their product.

Also, in Canada, the reason RAW is delayed by 15 minutes is because The Score (the channel RAW is on in Canada) is scared of playing the show live... they want the delay so that they can edit (read Censor) out any content it may deem inappropriate. This in no way constitutes WWE treating Canadians unfairly.

lol ya i guess thats true but if WWE wasnt watched here why would they air ECW? and JUST ECW.... i mean come on, they give us the C show?? at least give us smackdown... and like i said its like 1 month delayed.... so if they want to promote ECW here, why cant they do the same for SD and Raw? i dont know... maybe there is an actual good reason but i just dont understand why... if WWE was to let a channel choose to air their program here, wouldnt they prefer if it was raw or smackdown instead of ECW? oh and here ECW is on FX... why would FX just want to get ECW? the worst rated show? doesnt make sense lol..

and they are very stupid when it comes to other cultures.... but ive always been a loyal fan since i was about 5 years old... i dont hate the WWE i just hate that we dont get to watch raw and smackdown here, or PPVs...

I live in Canada so the main thing that gets on my nerves is the stupid 15 minute tape delay. The Score(the channel with RAW) uses those 15 minutes to recap what happened last Monday on RAW(I think the internet got that covered Score) and they mainly do it to censor out curse words so we Canadians get the privilege to hear "BEEP" every time someone says ASS!!! We also got to wait until late Friday night to watch ECW, but that doesn't bother me very much, I could watch it on WWE.com now if I wanted to. But, that is nothing compared to what some countries got if you read what people from other countries have stated in this thread.

In Portugal we have SmackDown! on Saturday Mornings like 9AM, and in another channel we have ECW and RAW, RAW airs Friday at 11PM and ECW Sundays at 7PM.

We also have all PPV's free and TNA iMPACT! airs at Eurosport, all of them have a 3 weeks delay and TNA only airs PPV's.

The UK coverage is actually very good, although ECW could be a day or two earlier, only because I try to avoid all of what happened on it for a few days, and means I cant go on wwe.com and the like.

I think we get all besides the "Big 4" of PPVs (Rumble, Survivor Series, Summerslam and WM) for free on Sky Sports 3 and we pay about 15 quid for the others (although I have an uncle who buys them all).

One problem I do have is William Regals bizarre accent, I have never heard anyone speak like that over here, but the optimism I have of Davey Boy Smith is encouraging, could be the best Brit in it already (Highlanders, Finlay, Drew McIntyre and Regal are all naff (Finlay excepted)).

We get New Years Revolution, No Way Out, Backlash, One Night Stand, The Great American Bash, Unforgiven & Cyber Sunday for ''free''. I say ''free'' because my Sky cost's me £40 a month. Not cheap.

I usually get up for Live Raw on a Monday. I haven't watched ECW in months. If I hear there's a good match I'll find it. The last I saw was Punks title win.

I don't know what time Smackdowns originally on. But I always watch it at about 10 on a Saturday morning.

well i live in ny and i dont really have too many complaints here. the shows are all at decent times and for a few years we even had the wwe restaurant in manhattan which was a pretty cool place.

i was also really surprised about that whole wwe not being in canada for that long thing. thats very interesting. canada has great fans and wwe needs to get back there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back