• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Miz take Jericho's Place?

AwesomeRko

Getting Noticed By Management
With Jericho's indefinite suspension what looked to be a promising fued vs Orton has now been compromised. A friend tells me that Miz has been taking Y2J's place and squaring off against Orton at house shows.

I think inserting the Miz here would be good, he badly needs something to do and has the charisma and star-power to make the jump back up the card again. Orton/Miz for the title in 2010 was great and I think they could deliver something similar here it would certainly make Smackdown more watchable and is the best option in Jericho's absence I believe.

Do you think Miz should take Jericho's place and if not who would you insert instead of him?

I think Miz is a great option to insert in Y2Js place. Him and Orton could pull off some stellar matches. My opinion on who should take his place is Tensai. Creative is really trying to sell him on us, as he has already defeated Cena and Punk. Why not take out the #3 face of the company. What will actually happen is Orton will be placed in a triple threat with del Rio and sheamus an No Way Out. Yeah I know it sucks, but I foresee it happening

What's the point? I'm sure the better part of the "WWE Universe" can wait 28 more days for his suspension to be lifted and continue this feud.
A way WWE can handle this would maybe have Orton talk about Jericho on Raw or Smackdown just so their feud can stay somewhat relevant.
But I wouldnt replace Jericho at this point and throw out the plans for Orton vs Jericho.
Just postpone them.

First off I think your very phrasing of Miz "taking Jericho's place" is some what iggnorant because Miz has been basically irrelevant since TLC and Miz doesn't come anywhere close to Jericho in any category IMO. Absolutley any small amount of a "rub" or "push" Orton would have gotten from Jericho would be completely wasted w/ Miz considering Orton himself would be the verteran or the guy putting someone over.

As for the booking idea though I do think Miz belongs on Smackdwon right now and Orton needs a new feud. My only problem with them feuding is that I never found thier original feud any good when it was in the spotlight and for the WWE title and both have just become stale and somewhat "fallin off of the map" latley, so how would this help either of them?

So in short,
1.)Miz to Smackdown - Yes
2.)Feud w/Orton - No (Unless wwe creative really gives them something amazing to make each other worth while.)
3.)and Miz "replacing" Y2J - NEVER........EEH..EEHH...EEEEVVVVVEEERRRRRR!

First off I think your very phrasing of Miz "taking Jericho's place" is some what iggnorant because Miz has been basically irrelevant since TLC and Miz doesn't come anywhere close to Jericho in any category IMO. Absolutley any small amount of a "rub" or "push" Orton would have gotten from Jericho would be completely wasted w/ Miz considering Orton himself would be the verteran or the guy putting someone over.

As for the booking idea though I do think Miz belongs on Smackdwon right now and Orton needs a new feud. My only problem with them feuding is that I never found thier original feud any good when it was in the spotlight and for the WWE title and both have just become stale and somewhat "fallin off of the map" latley, so how would this help either of them?

So in short,
1.)Miz to Smackdown - Yes
2.)Feud w/Orton - No (Unless wwe creative really gives them something amazing to make each other worth while.)
3.)and Miz "replacing" Y2J - NEVER........EEH..EEHH...EEEEVVVVVEEERRRRRR!

I'm not suggesting Miz is on Jericho's level, nor was I stating any grander similarity, I simply meant he could fill his spot within this single fued. Miz is still a former world champion and one of the most over guys on the roster, given a few weeks decent build he could easily pose a percieved threat to an Orton who quite frankly has been flagging of late. As to Orton putting him over, they would help each other Orton likely wins the fued regaining some momentum, whilst Miz benefits from working a sustained program with Smackdowns top face, it's win-win.

Yes, Miz should be on Smackdown, but not in place of Jericho.

What WWE could do easily to explain this on TV is have Jericho's flight is late... next week he was flown to the wrong city basically have Orton going spare thinking Jericho is playing mind games, then have it announced Jericho/Orton contract signing on the final SD and have Kane come out and beat Orton down, and have it that Kane has been the one changing Jericho's travel info so we have Kane/Orton at NWO then WWE can finish off with Jericho/Orton whenever they wish.

No even with Jericho's 5 PPV loss streak (or is it 6 now?) Miz is still a glorified jobber as of 2012. He hasn't done anything important this year at all. He's been jobbing to joke characters like Clay and Santino and just had a dance off on raw. It doesn't get much worse than that or rather much further away from the wwe title than that. If anyone is going to replace Jericho in this feud with Orton it should be Lord Tensai. He is the only guy who is available and who is a believable opponent for Orton. Id like to see a young guy like Cesaro, Dean Ambrose or Sandow step up and challenge him but I doubt that would happen.

I definitely do not think Miz should replace Jericho. Miz vs. Orton equals ratings killer and snooze fest. Let's face it Miz is done. He is uninteresting and truthfully has never been interesting. I hear people say that him and orton could put on some good matches. Can you tell me when was the last time Miz had a good match? I agree with someone else's post, just wait for Jericho to come back.

I would say Yes, Miz is very Jericho-esque anyways and at the moment Miz needs a push. The guy was gold back when he had the gold now he seems more of an afterthought, but he's still entertaining as Hell. that's his selling pint. I hope Miz does take Jericho's place. But he only proble is Miz-Orton has been done to death and I still didnt like the way their last fued went with Super Orton destroying Miz and riley...but we'll have to see. I think I can tolerate Miz-orton again as long as it puts Miz back in the Mian Event scen which I think he truly belongs

Either Miz or Ziggler would be my pick,hoping they get put over. but chris jericho comes back in a month so i think whoever faces randy will NOT be put over building momentum for Y2J vs RKO at summerslam.BTW please keep randy off the title superstars like him shud be used to make future stars not squash them.

The Miz is definitely capable of taking jericho's place in the main event. The miz deserves a better place in the WWE than jobbing to Brodus Clay. Regardless of jericho being suspended the WWE should have found a place for the Miz in their main event because he is that good.

He could take Jericho's place but the way The Miz is being booked, what's the point? On the other hand Jericho is being booked the same way their both always loosing. And both Jericho and The Miz would loose to Orton at No Way Out anyways. I think The Miz loosing so much is a way to write him off television eventually. Since we all heard the rumours of The Miz starring in the Marine 3. I'm sure he'll have to take some time off the road so I don't think Miz will take Jericho's place but somebody has to. Randy Orton needs a match at the PPV. I like Randy Orton and I don't want to see him take another PPV off especially when he's healthy. I'm assuming someone will take Jericho's place. It could be The Miz but I doubt it.

I can see where you're coming from with this and an Orton vs Miz feud could work because of their history but I'd like to see something totally different. People are pleading for Orton to turn heel, and I have an idea that I think could work and unify the titles at the same time. Well seeing as Orton hasn't won the World Heavyweight Championship in a while, he could defeat Sheamus or Del Rio whoever is champion. The next night he could show up on Raw interrupting Punk. He could cut a promo saying how he and Punk's business is still unfinished from a few years ago when they feuded. Randy turns heel, they set up a mega match for a pay per view Summerslam maybe? Punk wins unifying the titles and then finally changes that god awful championship.

So, answering your question no. I don't think Miz should feud with Orton. Maybe a feud with a young face? could potentially put him over.

why the Miz isn't in the main event picture now, it just doesn't make sense in my opinion. I'd have him go to Smackdown and be in the WHC title picture. Either that or try him as a face, it could work if done correctly. Would it work based on how wrestling has been lately, doubtful.

YES YES YES YES! Let The Miz take Jerichos spot. Honestly where was the Jericho/ Orton feud goin anyways? The Miz definitely needs something to do. He would benefit well being in a feud with Orton. He may have dropped down to the Mid card but don't forget he was the WWE Champion for a nice amount of time and he Main Evented Wrestlemania. He has amazing charisma. Maybe a feud with Orton will convince the WWE board of directors that they messed up letting him fall to the mid-card. Come on what will it hurt?

Well Miz could certainly do with a feud with somebody important like Orton on Smackdown rather then wrestling Santino in a ppv pre-show and after all Smackdown is the place where guys get build up for main event level (Sheamus, Christian, Daniel Bryan). However seeing as Miz has been in the dog house lately i can't imagine him going over Orton if they were to have a feud, in fact i can't imagine any other scenario other then Miz coming out cutting a promo followed by Orton beating the piss out of Miz with an RKO or two for good measure.

I think WWE will take the lazy option and throw Orton in a triple threat with Del Rio and Sheamus while furthering this little rivalry Sheamus and Orton have going on at the moment leading to a singles match for the title in the near future.

I'm not suggesting Miz is on Jericho's level, nor was I stating any grander similarity, I simply meant he could fill his spot within this single fued. Miz is still a former world champion and one of the most over guys on the roster, given a few weeks decent build he could easily pose a percieved threat to an Orton who quite frankly has been flagging of late. As to Orton putting him over, they would help each other Orton likely wins the fued regaining some momentum, whilst Miz benefits from working a sustained program with Smackdowns top face, it's win-win.

I didn't mean for that to come off as that was what you were suggesting. I was simply suggesting a title like "Should Miz be Orton's Next feud?" would make more sense considering Miz is not on the same level as Jericho, won't have the same level program w/Orton, and hasn't been used anywhere near as much as Jericho lately.

As for the initial point, I see what you are trying to get at but I still disagree. One man will be booked to lose and look weaker and I don't think Miz's career can handle that now and Orton like you already agreed is probably at his worst and most stale since his stints between "Rated RKO" and winning the WWE title. Unless a program like Orton/Kofi from 2009 was booked where both men get more aggressive than ever and have a really solid program it wouldn't help anyone, and even that feud got both men virtually nowhere.

well the Miz ate an rko 2dayy which cud set up a feud between them and its a perfect opportunity for Miz to get back on track but if Miz doesnt get put over i wouldnt understand the point ofthis feud since it wudnt benefit any1?

Well, someone has to take Jericho's place for matches that were planned for him in the next month, right? Of course, Jericho is a top performer and they can't have just anyone step in and do the things he was going to do. At the same time, all other top performers are already involved in programs of their own, leaving them unavailable to step in for Y2J.

So, why not Miz? Of course, we know he's going to lose every contest; the company isn't looking to start a push for him simply because he's replacing Jericho for a month. The fact that the guy has been going nowhere for months is what makes him a good candidate to take someone else's spot on a temporary basis...... it doesn't really matter who fills the spot.

Poor Miz! On one hand, some of you are outraged that such a "great performer" has been de-pushed to the point that we know the result of his matches even before they start. (Personally, I think a more pertinent question is whether Miz ever deserved to climb as high as he did. I think not). On the other hand, he's an ex-champion and therefore recognizable to everyone, making him a suitable replacement for Jericho.

Having a top performer suddenly sidelined always presents problems for the organization. They've gotta do something....and Miz is just as good as anyone they might pick to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back