Should ECW have another Championship Title for their brand?

If ECW presents a new title what should it be?

• New WWE Television Title

• Bring Back WCW US Title With New Title

• All Brand New Title With No Name

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar4Life

True Superstar 4 Life..Believe It!
With ECW starting to grow with the new superstar program going on, ECW will soon be in the need of a new title for the show, besides the ECW Championship Title.

The new title would help alot as it being that everyone on the ECW is not going to be challenging for the ECW Title all at once. This also would help establish alot of superstars as worthy of holding the secondary championship under the main title (ECW Title).

I can see this as starting out as Teddy comes out to announce that over the next several weeks he will be awarding a brand championship title to the best wrestler he deems worthy, between the new superstars and a few of the ones that have already been there. This would all come to a close at a major ppv down the road. Now this would be a great idea and make for a great few weeks of programming on ECW.

What do you, my fellow forum members, think about this?

Eh, this idea has been tossed around before, i just dont think it would work, heres why.

ECW is a very short show, and if you threw another championship onto the scene it would get lost in the shuffle. Sure, it would start out meaning something but after a couple of months it would fade into obscurity just like all the other mid card titles have done over the past couple of years. It would be a good idea if booked right, but sooner rather than later it wouldnt be anything more than a prop.

I think it could work one way though. If it was a bottom tier championship, like maybe the cruisereweight. That way it wouldn't have to always have a month long build before its defended and it could out a little but more meaning to one of these high flying bouts we see every week.put it on Bourne so he can use it to make him seem a little more important, and it could add a little excitement to his matches possibly. Not as if they need anymore though.

So maybe it would work in that aspect, but secondary title wouldnt work because lets face it, the ECW Championship is pretty much a second tier title. And pretty much all the talent that compete for it are only worthy of a secondary championship. So it would inda be like havin two equal titles on one show. I mean, wouldn't it be kinda odd to see two intercontinental champions on raw? I feel thats the same way it would feel to have another tier two title on ECW.

So a cruiserweight/hardcore or something yeah.
second tier title? no way

I very much agree with you about what you are saying, but wouldn't you say that the ECW roster is going to continue to grow if the new superstar program keeps spiting out more superstars, that could grow into bigger superstars.

I would expect this to happen soon or later though, unless they plan on calling up some of these new superstars to Raw or Smackdown quicker than expected.

(By the choices in the polls are kinda messed up, I meant to say one the second choice "New Name, not New Title" and on the third one I mean to say "New Name, not no title". Sorry about that.)

I remember they were supposed to get new tag team titles, they even said they made the belts and debued la resistance on ECW as a sign that there would be a focus on the tag division. Of course Dupree got popped for steriods and the whole idea was scraped. Looking at the current state of the tag team divisions, I don't think they need a new tag team title. Down the road I could see them adding a middle card belt, bringing back the Television title. Currently thou, I'd say they should wait about a year before unveiling it. Right now they don't have a huge roster and they should keep all their wrestlers focused on the ECW belt till it's value and prestigue is almost that of the big two belts. Once it's seen as a legitimate world title belt again (it's coming along well but right now it's still no better than IC or US ) then I would love to see them bring in a lesser singles title belt. Also the cruiserweight title would be an interesting belt to bring back to ECW, make ECW the home for the cruiserweights, that could be cool.

I think, with the way the ECW Championship has been booked in recent times, that being given to "big men" who are, shall we say, not as entertaining to watch in the ring as certain others, another title would be good, if showcased correctly. The ECW Television Title for example, having a title match on every show is exciting, although it can get old after a while. Whether or not ECW needs another Championship for their brand depend on if they stop giving the title to big men.

I'd like to see a third-tier title on the brand placed on a young, exciting superstar. It most certainly wouldn't draw many views on a pay-per-view so I'd like to see it defended on the television every couple of weeks with the title holder receiving a mini-push every time. They could run with certain stars to test their likability all the while entertaining us a bit more. Certainly it wouldn't be equal to the ECW Championship (which is, to most, a second-tier belt) but I think it could be a competitive division with all the young talent on the show.

id say to continue the tradition of ecw being a developmental system it would have to be a tv title or even the european title.id let ecw unveil this title as soon as they start filling up therere roster a bit more & giving it to somebody liek evan bourne or john morrison or even ricky ortiz to give them practise with a title & see if there really ready to run with a bigger title in the future(ie whc,wwe,ecw title).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back