• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Christian Have TLC Singles Matches Like Edge Did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Ever since Christian's BFF and storyline "brother" Edge retired from wrestling. Christian had somewhat adopted the spear finisher from his retired friend Edge. So with now that Christian is a certified main eventer and current world champion on Smackdown. Should Christian adopt the single's TLC match specialty too?

We all saw the first ever single's TLC match up a few years ago between Edge and John Cena, with Edge losing in his hometown. And the match it's self is as classic as the tag team version of it. Now what if we were to have a Christian vs Randy Orton match at Summerslam this year where the first ever TLC match was born 11 years ago? Now that would be a classic match for years to come!

Because the single's TLC match in general shouldn't retire along with Edge's career, much like how the "Lion's Den" match died along with Ken Shamrock"s wrestling career in the WWF.

Would you like to see more one-on-one TLC matches?
Who would you like to see involved?

I can see them doing another one on one TLC match. The problem is that they have the TLC PPV now so that is the only time of year we will ever see a TLC match unless we get really lucky and they randomly do one at another time, which I doubt at this point. The first TLC PPV had a tag team match for the TLC match where DX won the WWE Tag Team Championship. Then last year at the second show they had a Fatal Fourway TLC match that saw Edge win his final world title. They just need to find the right two guys to pull off a great TLC match together without making it a tag team, triple threat, or fatal fourway. Christian is easily the best candidate to put in one of these matches. He was there with Edge in the original TLC matches, so we know he is capable of greatness in these matches. I would like to see Christian feuding with Bryan by the time TLC comes around because they would be able to put on one of the better matches of the year together. Christian would need to win so that Bryan can still use the blue briefcase to get his first world title at Wrestlemania.

With the TLC ppv we can be sure that we'll get to see TLC matches for years to come unless they cancel the PPV which I dont really see them doing. If they do cancel the PPV however, I would love to see Christian adopt the TLC match into his arsenal of specialty matches. I think when people think of any match having to do with ladders they immedtiately think of Edge and Christian so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back