Should Alberto Del Rio Bring Back Dos Caras and Do A Bruce Wayne/ Batman Thing?

TheGamea

Pre-Show Stalwart
I mean think about it wwe has already set ADR as being rich, he already the champion so the only thing he would be missing is to be popualar. I think he should bring back Dos Caras and bill him as the "good guy" and maybe even take shots at "del rio" to win over fans, what do you think?

and by my title it would be a reverse batman thing but you get the idea.

Now people would know its Del Rio under the mask and boo him even worse...he needs to DO something "Good guy" Like. taking shots at himself and never facing himself wouldn't do much. NOW without the whole mask idea and what not....Del Rio could pull off a "Batman and Robin" type of deal but as a heel.

hear me out:

Del rio is well over with the crowd and he has reached a point where he could help build a star (In a heel manner). Alberto could help a guy like Sin Cara (black) get over as well as a heel and aid him as Sin Cara (black) goes for IC title or US (What ever brand he's with). so in a sense he could be the "Batman" while Sin Cara (Black) is the "Robin". the two could work together, cut promos, and so on and it will help build Sin Cara (black).

HAVING SAID THAT:

an anti team must take place...who? i think you all know: John Cena and...alright i'm joking

Ray and Sin Cara (blue). the four of them can put on a battle of great standards as it would be a "pure Mexican" taste of wrestling. Ray would bring Sin Cara (Blue) up as a face and help him get over with the crowd...and when he's ready he could pass the torch on.

So Yes i think this could work. If Del Rio is to do anything like this: Del Rio and Sin Cara (Black) Would be perfect.

It could also lead up to a Fatal Four Way for the title or cotendership when WWE feels both Caras are ready to fly without Del Rio and Ray to guide them.

I don't think this will work for a few reasons.

1) It's 2011 and gimmicks like this aren't for today. At least, not exactly the way you described it here.

2) He has tattoos so it's pretty obvious he's the same guy unless he wears full body ring attire.

3) He has a ridiculous Spanish accent, so that would be a pretty big giveaway as well. (Even if the point is to "know" it's him, that just still makes it looks weird, like when Hulk Hogan was Mr. America.)

4) I don't think there's a story line that would make sense in needing him to be a heel rather than him just turning face (unless he were in a stable).

5) This one is just my pure opinion, but I don't think fans care for masked characters overall. They'll accept them when they are like Mysterio and Sin Cara and are doing crazy high flying moves, but overall I don't think people care for masked characters.

With all of the money that the WWE has invested in the Alberto Del Rio character, why would they suddenly change him around to account for a gimmick used in a Mexican promotion that 90% of pro-wrestling fans know nothing about? It would be character suicide if Del Rio was changed to be anything but what he is right now.

This is such a horrible topic. The guy won a Royal Rumble and the WWE champion within a little over a year after his debut and you want to change his character? Have you ever heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I for one would love this idea. I wanted Del Rio to bring back the mask just to bring it back, but to have dual personalities / identities would be great!! Dos Caras does mean Two-Face right?? I’d even go as far as borderline Mr. America storyline where we know it’s Alberto, but they just don’t flat out tell us it is for a few months. I’d even have Ricardo Rodriguez as his announcer as well. Just don’t go Black Scorpion on me and have Cena wear the Dos Caras mask haunting Del Rio from the rafters as a ghost from his past.

i didnt know adr was Dos Caras and after seeing his move set i have a new found respect for him as a talent. WWE really hit gold with this guy...they can expand on his character by adding a more flamboyant lifestyle, promos of his living the good life on yachts etc...sometimes we dont take him as serious because of his antics and ring announcer but he definitely has the "it" factor...so much so that i would like to see him and rock do a promo.

LOVE IT! ADR could recieve a concussion from Punk, and become a masked babyface obssessed with hiding his true identity even tho its obvious from speech & body thats its alberto del rio!!... the point is we wouldnt see ADR as ADR until he healed up.. and his personal ring announcer ricardo ( alfred!!) would at first be against it and trying to tell the masked babyface that he is the evil ADR.. but ricardo would need the work and pay so even ricardo would have to force himself to be a babyface... as long as ADR acts like a milk drinking , prayer-saying, baby-kissing, respectful babyface who completely has no clue what happened in life before his injury...

With all of the money that the WWE has invested in the Alberto Del Rio character, why would they suddenly change him around to account for a gimmick used in a Mexican promotion that 90% of pro-wrestling fans know nothing about? It would be character suicide if Del Rio was changed to be anything but what he is right now.

This is such a horrible topic. The guy won a Royal Rumble and the WWE champion within a little over a year after his debut and you want to change his character? Have you ever heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I dont think you getting me, ADR wouldn't come out and say im lonely and need attention so let me change characters on monday night raw, I say that as we start seeing promos or just a good guy helping other faces (ex air boom, sin cara) and later way way down the road we find out its ADR, how would that change HIS character the whole point is we are not supposed to KNOW. I think it would be a dope idea, think about it in any comic that didnt have dying parents that rich kids became a super hero becuz of boredom/loving the feeling and what is the one think ADR is missing???

but whoever said bring up Sin Cara, I think that would be an excellent idea, i ALSO said having Dos Caras turning on ADR, but I meant to add having someone "act" as dos caras to beat up ADR in shoots Ricardo could work (Alfred being batman in replace of batman, maybe a sin cara or another Mexican wrestler wwe can bring up in the future) say what you want this thing has LEGS people!!!

hogan did it and it was stupid, if you want to squash a guy go ahead and do it

I agree, but this is different becase, Dos Caras has a history and two ADR isnt a 40 y/o blone man (at the time) wrestler that there was no others like him, there are other mexican stars and several people that fit his body type and the best part of the story is they have built him to be rich...and think about it this has never been done before hogan was good guy to wack good guy this is a a guy playing heel on monday and face on Tuesday/friday, this has NEVER been done before and could be great and too be honest...

If WWE did this BEFORE me making this thread how many of you would even know if was him???

now I havent heard ADR off cam but its no way his accident is that damn thick unless it hits hear, It could be a while before people knew who it was...

hogan couldnt barely move by then.. and it wasnt taken seriously.. the point being ADR sufferes a severy injury while Loosing the title to PUNK.. finally we see ricardo next to ADR in a hospital bed, and alberto wakes up.. and has a new sense of purpose.. but he truly doesnt remember his previous heel persona and would be disgusted at the sight of videos of him from the past.. this would work if: A. adr has execeptional acting skills, along with Ricardo.. B. maybe some more time focusing on ADR's personal heel antics...

the problem is these days none of the fans see enough personality from each star (maybe except punk).. we need more pre-taped sit down interviews with JR ( that MADE FOLEY ) or vignettes on his yacht, or at a miami nightclub with women...

the lack of depth in characters is what has caused a dry-spell in the E.. we only see them once they arrive at the arena and that night...

instead of during the week, if they took it more seriously, odds would be that after all the crazy stunts during MONDAY NIGHT RAW... some shit would go down tues weds or thurs.... FOR EX.. wweDOTcom should do breaking news with live video coverage.... ex: after what nash put Hunter through on RAW, once hhh gets out of the hospital u would think he would seek revenge...not just wait till Monday inside an arena.. ( like the orton/hhh feud preWM25 or AUSTIN/Pillman!_)

Get It?

I dont think you getting me, ADR wouldn't come out and say im lonely and need attention so let me change characters on monday night raw, I say that as we start seeing promos or just a good guy helping other faces (ex air boom, sin cara) and later way way down the road we find out its ADR, how would that change HIS character the whole point is we are not supposed to KNOW. I think it would be a dope idea, think about it in any comic that didnt have dying parents that rich kids became a super hero becuz of boredom/loving the feeling and what is the one think ADR is missing???

but whoever said bring up Sin Cara, I think that would be an excellent idea, i ALSO said having Dos Caras turning on ADR, but I meant to add having someone "act" as dos caras to beat up ADR in shoots Ricardo could work (Alfred being batman in replace of batman, maybe a sin cara or another Mexican wrestler wwe can bring up in the future) say what you want this thing has LEGS people!!!

First of all, you're still posting with an illegal signature image. If you post again and that image is still up, I'm infracting you again.

Secondly, more-or-less, what you're saying is "wouldn't it be cool if Del Rio changed his character?" I'm telling you that with his current character, he won the Royal Rumble and earned a MITB briefcase and the WWE championship. And you think it's a good idea to change him? ANY type of change to a successful character is risky to his/her future. Like I said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Especially with a FOURTH Mexican wrestler on the roster that feels the need to don a mask.

The idea is definitely interesting, but I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not it would truly work. If written & played damn near perfectly, yeah, it could be pretty cool, but it's one of those concepts that just walks such a razor thin line that the slightest misstep will land it right into Cheeseville.

Ironically, some friends & I were discussing ADR teaming up with Hunico to take on Punk & Mistico. I'd very much like to see Mistico get another match with ADR because that first one they had was barely more than a squash, and I think that the two of them could put on one hell of a show. It would definitely be a feud ripe with comic book themes & imagery given the two guys involved & the matches would be great. And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have a bit of a history going back to Mexico? Maybe not one as involved as Mistico/Hunico, but didn't they work together down there & not like each other in real life or some such?

Del Rio's current gimmick is fine, all he needs to do is start beating faces cleanly and brush up on his English. He's only been in the WWE for a little bit over a year and has had several high profile feuds, Main Event several PPV, been in a title match at WM, and won the WWE Title twice.

Regardless if you like him or not, his gimmick has worked so far seeing as he's the WWE Champion on the Franchise show for the WWE.

That's a great idea. We can turn him face, slap some red and blue tights with a cape on Cena, give Ricardo a Robin make-over and have Michael Cole go "Meanwhile... Back in the locker room area! The Wrestling Friends laugh their asses off. At this stupid idea".

I mean really. Dual roles is one thing, but fucking mold both gimmicks as Bruce Wayne and Batman? Vince Russo called. He said Sting only went so far. He never tried to take over a criminal underworld. Jesus Christ. And people around here wonder about why their opinion's are dismissed as crap.

That's a great idea. We can turn him face, slap some red and blue tights with a cape on Cena, give Ricardo a Robin make-over and have Michael Cole go "Meanwhile... Back in the locker room area! The Wrestling Friends laugh their asses off. At this stupid idea".

I mean really. Dual roles is one thing, but fucking mold both gimmicks as Bruce Wayne and Batman? Vince Russo called. He said Sting only went so far. He never tried to take over a criminal underworld. Jesus Christ. And people around here wonder about why their opinion's are dismissed as crap.

Dual Roles did wonders for Shane Helms aka the Hurricane. He was so over and achieved so much during his last run in the WWE. Announcer by day, "Super Hero Wrestler" by night. He had a side kick but I cant remember... oh wait yeah SHIT "Super Hero In Training" man what a horrible time for the WWE.

Again leave Del Rio as Del Rio. They had him drop the mask before he debut, there was reports on him being pissed because of it because he had to change his style slightly to make up for not having the mask. His main issue was that he had to pick up making actual facial expressions that the mask cover when getting hit to help sell moves of other wrestlers.

and after the whole Sin Cara Blue vs Sin Cara Black botchfest.. storyline I doubt we'll see another masked wrestler in the WWE not named Rey Mysterio or Sin Cara for a while.

Now people would know its Del Rio under the mask and boo him even worse...he needs to DO something "Good guy" Like. taking shots at himself and never facing himself wouldn't do much. NOW without the whole mask idea and what not....Del Rio could pull off a "Batman and Robin" type of deal but as a heel.

hear me out:

Del rio is well over with the crowd and he has reached a point where he could help build a star (In a heel manner). Alberto could help a guy like Sin Cara (black) get over as well as a heel and aid him as Sin Cara (black) goes for IC title or US (What ever brand he's with). so in a sense he could be the "Batman" while Sin Cara (Black) is the "Robin". the two could work together, cut promos, and so on and it will help build Sin Cara (black).

HAVING SAID THAT:

an anti team must take place...who? i think you all know: John Cena and...alright i'm joking

Ray and Sin Cara (blue). the four of them can put on a battle of great standards as it would be a "pure Mexican" taste of wrestling. Ray would bring Sin Cara (Blue) up as a face and help him get over with the crowd...and when he's ready he could pass the torch on.

So Yes i think this could work. If Del Rio is to do anything like this: Del Rio and Sin Cara (Black) Would be perfect.

It could also lead up to a Fatal Four Way for the title or cotendership when WWE feels both Caras are ready to fly without Del Rio and Ray to guide them.

This is absolutely brilliant. Rey & Azul v. Del Rio & Negro is too good to pass up. Azul & Negro can do mid-card feuds while Del Rio does his main event thing until Rey comes back.

I really like this idea.

I swear I was thinking about exactly the same thing as the OP and a few other posters here, earlier this morning.
What kind of witchcraft is this? Damn that Warlock. Must be subliminal messages by the WWE!

Anyway, although I quickly discarded my own ideas as silly earlier today, I actually like some of the suggestions here. It would be hilarious in a good way, I believe. Obviously not as "batman" or as a "super-hero", just as a masked wrestler.

i didnt know adr was Dos Caras and after seeing his move set i have a new found respect for him as a talent. WWE really hit gold with this guy...they can expand on his character by adding a more flamboyant lifestyle, promos of his living the good life on yachts etc...sometimes we dont take him as serious because of his antics and ring announcer but he definitely has the "it" factor...so much so that i would like to see him and rock do a promo.

I hope this post is a joke.

Anywho this wouldn't work with Alberto because it's not the 90s and no one likes this stuff anymore. Another reason is the fact that he is a heel and I feel like this works better for a face. Oh and he's a main eventer soooooo yeah.

This would suck more than Sunny running out of gas money...

Del Rio is an established character now, Dos Caras is history... the abortion that was Sin Cara vs Sin Cara proved that while WWE fans will buy some lucha... masks are done... the only mask worthy of anything would be a Kane mask return... anything else is just kroger...

Nah I would prefer the super cena idea. A guy with blue suit and red cape in one segment and as his real life self as the "Children's Champion" John cena in the other segment. The beauty behind the idea is it's gonna be cena hogging the spotlight

I honestly think it's a really stupid idea. It's been previously said that those kind of gimmicks don't work in this day and age and i agree with them. There're less than a handful of wrestlers nowadays with a successful face gimmick and those who do have had their gimmick for years (i.e. Undertaker, Kane, Santino, etc.). Throwing a gimmick like the one you're are describing is not only confusing but very difficult to pull off.

Also, like what D-man had said, don't fix what's not broken. Alberto may not have as much heat as, say, Vickie Guerrero but he's is doing really well thus far and i can only see him getting better as a heel and eventually maybe a face. Adding a ridiculous gimmick would just ruin his credibility and probably damage it for the rest of his career.

Bottom line: It's a bad idea.

Why would you give him such a stupid gimmick so late in his career? Even though this guy is one of the worst overall superstars on the roster and gets no reaction and says the same fucking thing in every promo, this gimmick would kill him.. the only reason why he is getting pushed is because of Vince and his love with big men.. fucking Vince.. try not to judge people by looks, but by TALENT.

I honestly think it's a really stupid idea. It's been previously said that those kind of gimmicks don't work in this day and age and i agree with them. There're less than a handful of wrestlers nowadays with a successful face gimmick and those who do have had their gimmick for years (i.e. Undertaker, Kane, Santino, etc.). Throwing a gimmick like the one you're are describing is not only confusing but very difficult to pull off.

Also, like what D-man had said, don't fix what's not broken. Alberto may not have as much heat as, say, Vickie Guerrero but he's is doing really well thus far and i can only see him getting better as a heel and eventually maybe a face. Adding a ridiculous gimmick would just ruin his credibility and probably damage it for the rest of his career.

Bottom line: It's a bad idea.

the one think I dont get about anyone opposing this is do yall honestly think when WWE creative wants something to work it doesnt? I mean no one can predict the future but do you think when creative came up with donk, crime tyme yoshi whateva his last name is, there where like THIS COULD BE HUGE!!!, no some things are done for gags (and I really think to push racism) and some things are done with the intentions of being huge (john cena rapping, DX- you honestly think those gimmicks could work with ANYONE???)

my point is if WWE wanting something to work there is a high chance its going to bring up hogans captain America or whatever and a feud between two non talking mexicans are what the are JOKES, nothing more nothing less, but given as a serious angle you cant tell me this couldnt work...

and to everyone that said if it aint broke dont fix it I agree with you however NO ones run last forever...ask cm punk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back