Shit arguments you will definitely see in WZWT7

I see a lot of this in the WZT and never really get it. We're not talking about feuds here. If you want to consider the future implications of a win, shouldn't we be focusing on the utility of each man for you as the prospective booker of this massive tournament and who a booker might find useful going deeper into this thing?

No, you're right. It's weak.

As a limp defence, I'd say that I was making lots of posts consecutively and got a bit lazy on this one. I missed the actual point of the argument, which while I anticipate they'd have a feud that Jericho lost, as per usual, in a first match, as this is, I'd expect him to win.

I supposed you'd say in kayfabe, Jericho's opponents take a match or two to scope him out, and when the matchup between them and him is close, I'd expect him to win their first match. Whether or not they had subsequent matches is irrelevant. You got me though, it's a bad argument.

My honest reaction? My Batista support was largely a reaction to Lariat and his ilk making poor arguments about him and Flair. But if someone used the logic I proposed in a measured, reasonable fashion, I'd have no problem voting for Naitch.

Basically, it all comes down to Lariat hurting the cause of whoever he supports by being a dimwit. At the shallow, reality-driven level of kayfabe he likes to examine, Batista wins. Simple as that.

:lmao:

It's not as simple as that, because Batista wouldn't beat Flair in any sort of match, except for a First Blood match. Any other match, Flair could win, and considering Big Dave got his stupid ass taped to the bottom of a rope in a LAST MAN STANDING match, I feel safe in my argument.

Luger is not overrated, he always does far worse in this tournament than his career suggest. I'm not saying he's great, but given he usually goes out before the likes of Goldust and the British Bulldog, I don't see how you can call him overrated.

I really like either of the following;

That there will be any squashes in this round (this is theoretically the top 64 in the world. To hell, there will be a squash)

The people that really don't seem to get the David/Goliath archetype in wrestling

I really like either of the following;

That there will be any squashes in this round (this is theoretically the top 64 in the world. To hell, there will be a squash)

The people that really don't seem to get the David/Goliath archetype in wrestling

Out of curiosity, are both these points referring to Andre V Jeff Hardy?

They could equally apply to Big Fat Vader versus three time world heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio.

But apparently not Jushin Thunder Liger vs Sid ' The walking Clusterfuck ' Vicious.

I love the star from Japan would not be booked to go over someone in America. What makes it sweeter is when someone uses this argument in one round then votes for a star from Japan in the next round.

But apparently not Jushin Thunder Liger vs Sid ' The walking Clusterfuck ' Vicious.

I love the star from Japan would not be booked to go over someone in America. What makes it sweeter is when someone uses this argument in one round then votes for a star from Japan in the next round.

Or could it be that Jushin Liger was nothing more than a midcard lightweight mainstay, while the majority of the other Japanese in this were big names? Nah... surely that couldn't be the reason.

Or could it be that Jushin Liger was nothing more than a midcard lightweight mainstay, while the majority of the other Japanese in this were big names? Nah... surely that couldn't be the reason.

I was referring to the Liger match in which the best reason people had for voting Sid was his size. Sid was a nothing who is best remembered for botched moves, scissors and a broken leg.

I see that I did not separate my points well, however. The Stars in Japan was referring to things like Hansan wouldn't winin the states but Rikidozen would; Baba wouldn't win in the states but Inoki would etc etc.

I was referring to the Liger match in which the best reason people had for voting Sid was his size. Sid was a nothing who is best remembered for botched moves, scissors and a broken leg.

I see that I did not separate my points well, however. The Stars in Japan was referring to things like Hansan wouldn't winin the states but Rikidozen would; Baba wouldn't win in the states but Inoki would etc etc.

Er... my argument for voting Sid was that he was a big name and a top draw, while Liger wasn't. And Inoki and Rikidozan had far more international success than the other two. The only wildcard was Misawa because he'd never worked the States before.

Er... my argument for voting Sid was that he was a big name and a top draw, while Liger wasn't. And Inoki and Rikidozan had far more international success than the other two. The only wildcard was Misawa because he'd never worked the States before.

I am saying this in general, not targeting one poster or another.

I get Rikidozen to a point, but if some are going to argue stars from japan shouldn't win in the states then be consistent. An argument was that midcarder Arn Anderson should have went over Stan Hansan because Hansan was only big in Japan and wouldn't win in the states. I have no real problem with Baba losing to Savage, but it never should have been as close as it was with DDP. I have also seen that Muta should lose because it is in the states and he wouldn't get the crowd.

I get Rikidozen to a point, but if some are going to argue stars from japan shouldn't win in the states then be consistent. An argument was that midcarder Arn Anderson should have went over Stan Hansan because Hansan was only big in Japan and wouldn't win in the states. I have no real problem with Baba losing to Savage, but it never should have been as close as it was with DDP. I have also seen that Muta should lose because it is in the states and he wouldn't get the crowd.

Why? Some Japanese stars did very well outside of Japan - like Inoki. Arguing that all Japanese stars would lose in the States is like saying that all American's would lose in Japan; and that's not true in the slightest.

I'm on the fence with Muta, and I can see why it is justifiable to vote for Punk... not saying that I would though.

Why? Some Japanese stars did very well outside of Japan - like Inoki. Arguing that all Japanese stars would lose in the States is like saying that all American's would lose in Japan; and that's not true in the slightest.

I'm on the fence with Muta, and I can see why it is justifiable to vote for Punk... not saying that I would though.

That's my point. Saying Hansan would lose to Anderson or Muta would lose to Punk just because the match was in America is silly. Add to the fact that some voters will forget that logic and vote the other way in a later round makes it worst.

I've found 4 shit arguments that seem to define this years tournament, because I've seen them often...

- I'm voting for X because he's my favorite, and I know nothing about Y.

- Andre can't climb a normal ladder, would need a super ladder, and he'd climb it really slow.

- Popularity doesn't matter, but apparently size does.

- Any wrestler that has worked for the WWE is automatically better than anyone that hasn't by default.

OK so if a wrestler even has ONE match experience in a gimmick match, that he is booked in this year, and the other has none, isn't that an edge? Without bias.

It takes no skill or experience to climb a ladder

Or swing a chair, or to grab a metal object, or to escape a steel cage. The only gimmick match that I found to be a detriment to the higher seed was the pure match rules... it works against his character to the point that Edge would either get himself DQ'ed or would get pissed off, clock Steamboat with his world title, hit the spear and leave. If Andre had drawn an Ultimate X, then yeah, I could see him losing overwhelmingly, the way I could see masked Kane winning a first blood match overwhelmingly.

The Andre/Goldberg and Austin/Vader matches are probably the most ridiculous.

YES AND NEITHER DO YOU NEED TO DELIVER A PEOPLE'S ELBOW, BUT THAT KEPT THE CHAMP DOWN FOR A 3 COUNT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back