SHIMMER Women Athletes - Who Should Be Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
For those that have some sort of a soft side to women's wrestling other than using it as an opportunity to take a bathroom break or stare at their chest everytime they make a sudden movement to check if they are indeed real... this company should be a known establishment. But, for those that have no clue, here's a little history lesson...

SHIMMER is an independent all-women's promotion in Illinois that is a sister company of ROH and has an agreement with TNA... which showcases the best female wrestlers mainly active in the Northern American circuit where the girls are considered to be on par with men's wrestling. So basically, its a very highly regarded promotion for women. It has been active since 2005 and is co-ran by a currently active and well-respected wrestler in Allison Danger.

Basically, if you want to prove yourself as a female wrestler, getting yourself signed to this roster is an extremely large plus. Many of its talents have subsequently gone on to fame into the mainstream and made successes of themselves. WWE has picked up Natalya Neidhart, Beth Phoenix, Katie-Lea Burchill and (developmental talent) Serena Deeb from the company... all of which are proven to be great wrestlers. As for TNA, well, let's just say the one's that can wrestle or aren't considered to be the veterans (like Hamada or Tara) came from there. Although SHIMMER doesn't feature regular shows (due to wrestling commitments of wrestlers), they do showcase their talents elsewhere in other indy promotions, ROH and/or TNA.

Alright, since that's over, here is the discussion. Who, from the current SHIMMER roster, should be signed to the big leagues of mainstream wrestling? Here are my current picks:

Sara Del Rey - This woman represented SHIMMER as their first World Champion and took this title around with proud. She is considered to be the epitome of women's wrestling among the indies and a role model for all aspiring females. She can work with basically anyone considering her size and her agility, can play the roll of heel or face at any given moment and will get over (apart from the smarks, but you can't eradicate them) and is has a name behind her.

"Death" Rey could go anywhere really, but I doubt the WWE will hire her as she isn't considered to be "beautiful," though she is quite attractive when she is not sporting her evil persona with the face make-up.

MsChif - Oh Scream Queen, take me to the Edge of the Netherworld!.... Well, yes, moving on...

Currently, she is the SHIMMER World Champion and is the second woman to win it. She is quite the adaptive wrestler who has been known to wrestle in a tag team with Daffney as apart of the Scream Queens, can wrestle any match you put her in delivering every single time and plays the heel role great.MsChif would fit great with TNA as she already has her former partner Daffney there and could be a great addition to the tag team scene.

Allison Danger - The co-founder and owner of SHIMMER and... the sister of Steve Corino. It is the mark inside of me that wishes she could be pushed to the top, but her current work with SHIMMER could be too much to hit anything mainstream. Taking away all this, she would be a great addition to the WWE. Again, I'm not sure if she is the WWE's type of beauty, but Allison has worked underneath a mask before and could be given this to wrestle in the WWE.

That's my part done. Who deserves to be shot into the mainstream from this current list of girls? Is there any of these girls that have potential to make it big? And for fun, how about discussing who should be able to appear on SHIMMER on a full-time basis as well...

Post away!

I know for a fact, fact being MsChif on her own forums:

She is happy at her 8-5 job and uses professional wrestling as an outlet. She says as much as she enjoys wrestling, she couldn't see herself in WWE or TNA.

She has hovered over to HDnet for ROH because it's "not mainstream."

-

SDR: I have no idea where her head is. It could be similar to Daffney. She went with what she knew and what could help her in the long run.

-

Alison Danger: I'd hate to see her shadowed under the title "The Sister of Wrestling Star Steve Cornio" if she headed outside of the independent/NWA circuit.

I'd have to say MsChif. Even though we all know it will never happen, it would still be nice to see her appear in TNA and just run roughshod all over everyone, including Kong. She has that kind of ability, and a unique look (at least in the states), and she would instantly be over. Not to mention, everyone would realize Melina's finisher isn't really Melina's.

Allison Danger would be able to work in either company, but since she is busy on the business end of SHIMMER, I don't see it ever happening.

Well, you learn something every day! I didn't know that Allison Danger is the sister of Steve Corino. That's pretty interesting.

My vote goes to Sara Del Rey. She's a friend-of-a-friend, so I'd love to see her make it to one of the more established organizations. Most of these women lack the intense "hotness" factor required by WWE, so TNA seems to be a best bet for any looking to gain national exposure.

I have to say that I would love to see MsChif and Cheerleader Melissa square off in TNA. MsChif has the presence that resembles Daffney a lot and putting the two together could work in the TNA Women's Tag division.

I have to say that I would love to see MsChif and Cheerleader Melissa square off in TNA. MsChif has the presence that resembles Daffney a lot and putting the two together could work in the TNA Women's Tag division.

Don't want to sound like a teacher and correct you, but Cheerleader Melissa did appear a couple of times in TNA and she is currently employed as Alissa Flash. But, the Daffney/MsChif pairing, known as the Scream Queens, would be a great addition for the TNA KO's Tag Team Division. SariTaylor haven't got anyone other than the BP.

I have heard that Mercedes Martinez from SHIMMER has had a couple of dark matches with TNA and she has impressed the officials thus far with her work. I have seen some of her matches and she'd be a good addition to the roster. As of right now, she is being hailed as one of the best indy women's wrestlers currently active in the American circuit, maybe even the best. Why not snag her up? I don't think her appearance would suffice a WWE contract, so why not TNA?

Another person I have surpassed is LuFisto. This name should be pretty synonymous in the indy circuit as she is the best hardcore female wrestler out there who can go in the ring without using weapons. If ECW was still around (the good old days), she'd be a shoe-in and could even hold the TV or Tag Titles. She can play both roles (heel and face) very well and knows how to entertain... she has sacrificed so much that she deserves to be offered a contract. TNA would be her best option due to the competition, but I could see her going to the WWE.

JicKie "FalKon" Mames;1604139 said:
Another person I have surpassed is LuFisto. This name should be pretty synonymous in the indy circuit as she is the best hardcore female wrestler out there who can go in the ring without using weapons. If ECW was still around (the good old days), she'd be a shoe-in and could even hold the TV or Tag Titles. She can play both roles (heel and face) very well and knows how to entertain... she has sacrificed so much that she deserves to be offered a contract. TNA would be her best option due to the competition, but I could see her going to the WWE.

I love Super Hardcore Anime. But, she would never work in a company bigger than SHIMMER. She'd never get matches against the men, and they'd never let her anywhere near weapons, except for maybe one or two Bimbo Brawls. Yes, she can go without the weapons, but it wouldn't be the same to see her go a few matches in a row without busting out a light tube or barbwire board.

Also, all the sacrifice has taken a toll on her body. She took a little over a year off after back surgery, and hadn't planned on returning. SHIMMER allows her to work a handful of times a year, and make a decent living. She also does a lot of work in Canada, and is taking part in starting up a new company.

MsChif would be great to see in TNA because she would be such a great addition to the Knockouts division, although it will probably never happen. She would be a likely candidate for a LONG Knockouts Championship reign, longer than both of Kong's put together. I first found out about her while reading an article in Pro Wrestling Illustrated where it discussed how both WWE and TNA have been interested in her for a while. She would easily find a place at the top of the womens division for either federation.

It is a damn shame that these women have restrictions or life choices on them that prevents them from making it to the mainstream as I certainly would love to see some dream matches with current mainstream wrestlers take place. But, its what they want to do or its something they can't change and we all have to respect that.

However, I can definitely say there are two girls, both whom have worked together as a tag team and actually have the desire to succeed and make it to the top... whose wrestling skills are enough to work for either company. They are known as The Pink Ladies: Madison Eagles and Jessie McKay. These are two Australian women's wrestlers who deserve nothing but credit. Eagles is a six foot, very skinny woman (think Michelle McCool body) who can take girls to the limit. Her work is unparalleled and has the desire to be the best in the business. As for Jessie McKay, she has the looks to get her to the top, not to mention great in-ring abilities as well.

These two should make it to the top in no-time, if the decided to break away from the Aussie wrestling circuit. As of right now, they can make it into TNA easily and aid in the Knockout's Tag Team Division as either a heel or a face team... but the BP might be considered a hinderance to the team (concerning similar name titles). As for the WWE, McKay has stated she wants to reach their roster one day and her looks would get her there. But, Eagles says she wants to be the best (and being a diva isn't the best option). I'm not sure if Vinnie Mac would like Eagles on his roster either.

Here is a sample video of Madison Eagles. Remember, this is Australian, so its a little different.

[youtube]-YfZGnqgGzk[/youtube]

So yeah, if the Pink Ladies got signed... it'd be in TNA. Individually, Jessie McKay would be great in either company with Eagles definitely securing a spot in TNA.

JicKie "FalKon" Mames;1604139 said:
Don't want to sound like a teacher and correct you, but Cheerleader Melissa did appear a couple of times in TNA and she is currently employed as Alissa Flash.

I know she is, but I was saying that if they had signed MsChif and put them in matches against each other then it would be a breath of fresh air.

Another one, that hasn't been mentioned, would have to be Amber O'Neal. I've met her personally at a local event and even talked to her backstage... she's got such a great in-ring knowledge on being a heel and she would fit in with the Beautiful People. Personally, I think she'd do way better than Von Erich... Nothing against the girl, or her family name, but she needs to develop more before getting into the big times like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back