SHEAMUS is the REAL DEAL

ULTRASTARZZ

Dark Match Winner
- When Sheamus burst into the scene two years ago, I became a fan of him. He has the look, the theme (the best theme ever, in terms of fitting the character), and the abilities. His matches in ECW were very good, in my opinion.

Then he went to RAW. I became skeptical because he took the Brock Lesnar path to the top: monster heel, brute strength, and became the WWE Champion just six months after he made his debut. I was absolutely shocked when he defeated John Cena "by luck" at TLC 2009. Although I was glad to see a new face make such a big statement, I knew his reign will end quickly because of the planned Cena/Batista match for WM26. I wondered where he will go after his match with Triple H. I was pleasantly happy, though, that he took out Triple H for a while and became King of the Ring.

Like most of you, however, I felt that he got stale since he started feuding with John Morrison and Daniel Bryan. King of the Ring gimmicks just do not pan out, and when he did not made the live WM27 broadcast, I feared he was just going nowhere.

But after he got drafted to SmackDown, he was rejuvenated. After I saw his match with Randy Orton this 10th of June, I became a bigger fan of him than ever before. That match is, without doubt, the best TV match of the year. He handled himself so well with the World Heavyweight Champion it made me wonder why I was not so excited when he had his battles with RKO the year before.

Now I believe that Sheamus is the real deal. He can put up a great match with anybody, at any environment, at any given time (not on the level of HBK or Christian, though). He has character. He is over with the crowd.

Do you believe as well that SHEAMUS is the REAL DEAL?
Where do you see the Celtic Warrior in a few years?
Do you see him as a future legend in the WWE?

Using such a loosely defined term as "the real deal" doesn't really clear up how good you think Sheamus is, but if you're saying he's one of the best heels in the WWE today, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Sheamus is one of the few brave heels left in today's product. He can be sneaky, and he'll cheat if he gets the chance, but he won't shy away from a challenge either, and that's something you don't see very often. He's also solid on the mic and in the ring, and has cut many good promos, and put on some very memorable matches.

Sheamus will still be in the WWE within a few years, likely as the number two heel on Smackdown or Raw, probably with a WWE or World Heavyweight Championship run in there somewhere.

Will Sheamus be a future WWE legend? No. He's good, but he's not that good. Who knows, perhaps he'll evolve into one of the best superstars the WWE has ever produced, but it looks unlikely right now.

Still way too early for me to claim Sheamus as "The Real Deal". I like him, may even be a closet fan if his character was pushed in certain ways, but he just isn't in the zone to me. At least not yet. Unlike Brock Lesnar's first title reign, Sheamus's was lukewarm and left us wanting. Lesnar beat legends like Hogan and The Rock before grabbing the gold, so comparing him to a guy who looked like he "accidentally" sent Cena through a table for the title isn't fair. And his second title reign I still felt that "much to be desired" feeling.

I agree with JGlass. Who he is is becoming a rarity wherein a heel who doesn't shy away from the face, or at least doesn't act cowardly 24/7. I think his credentials will keep piling up and he will be something that will draw in crowds the world over, but unless he is given a lengthy reign sometime in his future, I don't see him as the real deal.

At least not yet. As far as I am concerned he is still in his rookie years within the WWE.

Sheamus' one of the better superstars in the entire WWE to me. He has a very intimidating look which he's able to make work considering what he has to work with, he has done fairly good work on the mic, especially with that accent because it fits his character very well and sounds very intimidating and intense. Every time he speaks he sounds like he's ready to beat the living tar out of the next person he sees, which he has done quite a bit throughout his time in the WWE, especially in his bigger fueds such has against Orton, Cena, and HHH.

This brings me to my next point which is, as JGlass mentioned, that he isn't cowardly. That's a huge plus considering the fact that's most heels today, some of which that are fairly about his size, act so cowardly most of the time. He's honestly much like a young Triple H: a guy that sounds pure evil on the mic., and when he gets in the ring he'll just have a nonstop war with you and if he wins, he wins and if he loses, he'll be back soon to beat the tar out of you again until he wins(see his fueds with HHH & Morrison if you don't believe me). And if he loses, oh well, it's all for the purpose of winning and beating the tar out of you even more.

Sheamus may still be in his rookie years, but he has made a huge impact since he first debuted, but considering his current credentials and his spot as the #2 or #3 heel on the SmackDown! roster, I don't see him going anywhere but up in the near future.

Sheamus is doing absolutely excellent for himself condsidering how long he has been in the WWE. Sheamus is good but there are still others that are better, but Sheamus is gonna get there. I love his finisher, the Brogue Kick and High Cross. They both look painful.

I'd like to see him have a lengthy reign with the title though like The Miz. I don't think his best feud wrestling wise would be with Orton but with Christian. So I want to see Christian vs. Sheamus. While Orton is busy with Cody Rhodes.

Sheamus has easily become one of my favorite wrestlers on the entire WWE roster. When I first saw him, I did not take him seriously at all despite his push as a monster heel. I also didn't see him lasting very long after he surprisingly won the title from Cena for the first time. But Sheamus has really improved in the short amount of time he's been in the WWE and is only gonna keep getting better in the future. His move to Smackdown was probably the best career move that could've possibly happened for him in recent history. His no DQ match with Orton this past Friday was nothing short of awesome and PPV quality if I do say so myself. Will he become a legend? It's a stretch to say so at this point but I don't doubt that he will be one of the very top company heels within the next year or two.

Sheamus is indeed the real deal. He is one of the best new heel characters we have seen in a while. I think he will soon be main eventing again and get some more title reigns umd in the next few years. His character is over enough for the fans to care and many like him. Although it is too early to call, he could become a legend. You can't argue with how impressive his first two years on the roster were.

He's perfectly cast as a bad guy, portraying himself as a roughneck who's happiest when engaging in a Pier 6 brawl. I'd really like to know what he did to have spent the last few months in the company's doghouse. When I saw him beaten cleanly by Evan Bourne, I seriously wondered if his contract hadn't expired and he'd been planning to leave WWE.

Now, he's coming back strong. Last night's match against Santino was meaningless for storyline purposes, yet I thought Sheamus was going to lose when Santino hit his finisher (whatever that damn thing is called). It had me questioning why they would have Sheamus beating Randy Orton on Friday.....only to lose to the clown prince of WWE three nights later.

Instead, Sheamus' recent push continues. Frankly, although he's an ideal heel, I can see him someday becoming a hugely popular face. It's that "roughneck" thing again: Doesn't Sheamus seem like just the guy you would want at your back in a dark alley?

It's all in front of him.

i think sheamus will be a great superstar in the next few years he finshers are awsome because they look like they could legit hurt somebody he will be a world champ by next
and i love when he hit christan i dint mean it fellow pure gold

I have to agree. Sheamus is someone that has consistently impressed me with his character, on the mic and inside the ring. He's a versatile heel character that's more than meets the eye. To look at the guy, you'd think he was little more than just a big Irish thug/brawler. While he does have that aspect about him, Sheamus has also shown to be a calculating heel, someone that will pick his spots instead of simply trying to muscle his way through every situation. At the same time, he's shown to also, at times, be someone that doesn't shy away from challenges. He's met guys like Christian & Randy Orton head on and has given as good as he's gotten, better in some cases.

I've liked Sheamus really from the start. I wasn't really sure why at first. I was initially intrigued by this guy, this virtual unknown that'd been catapulted into the top spot in the WWE seemingly overnight like a lot of people were. Sheamus had to show that he wasn't some flash in the pan that was just simply going to fade away with a push that turned out to be a huge dud and he's been able to accomplish that.

I do think WWE has made some mistakes with him after he won King of the Ring, but fans were still into him and he's gotten back on the right track since WWE moved him to the blue brand.

Sheamus is easily my favourite on Smackdown right now. Love the moves, the persona, the uniqueness. He is the total package.

I agree that he could one day make a fantastic face as well, a real down-to-earth/everyman type of persona, especially if he takes to wearing that driving cap in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back