• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus & Bad News Barrett, how far can they go?

mkw1962

Getting Noticed By Management
We have been seeing Sheamus and BNB team up with each other lately how far can they go. Check this out how about Sheamus tries to cash in and loses so his money in the bank deal is over. We know Sheamus is not doing so well as a singles wrestler so put him and BNB together and see what they can do. I know they would be a heel tag team so that will work with the Usos coming back soon as faces we could always use another heel tag team. They do work well together I can see them going as far as challenging and maybe even winning the tag titles. So what do you guys think, can they be a top tag team some day.

I'll doubt they'll ever get the chance. They're a heel team where there's already a top heel team(New Day) and being MITB means Sheamus can drop Barrett like a hat at a moment's notice. The team is great but it's sadly just filler time since Sheamus doesn't really have anything to do until he cashes in and Barrett hasn't had anything meaning to do in ages. In another time they could easily be great heel tag champs but I doubt it's meant to be.

Sheamus & Barrett has been a sort of "dream team" for a lot of fans. They have a lot in common (specially their in-ring style) and they both came from the same roots so that helps in bringing some legitimate chemistry. Some years ago, you could have add a trio with Drew McIntyre, and an UK stable could've been easily formed to give an international flare to the creative process.

However two out of three is also good and since the Scottish man has been trying to make an Impact somewhere else, I think that adding Rusev into the mix might be a good alternative. Mostly because alone this three man can't seem to get bigger than the uppercard position, so a fresh start in the tag division could do wonders for at least, one of them. Which is good investment if you ask me, but as of right now, I really hope that Barrett/Sheamus isn't a duo but a trio with the Bulgarian Brute. BUT WHY?

Sheamus isn't getting near the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and I hope WWE realizes that nobody wants to see him holding the title. Nobody really cares for him in the main event scene and his booking would only ruin the kind of legitimacy that they've been slowly giving their world title for the past three to four years. So, with that in mind, I am hoping that somehow Sheamus gets into the title mix and gets backed up by his two "new" friends. Give them a gentle push and some credibility for their actual goal - WWE Fast Lane.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING MAN? I am saying that the only reason for this trio to exist is for the match that should happen at next year's WWE Fast Lane. Which should involve a real The Shield reunion vs. Sheamus/Barrett/Rusev.

And that should happen when Sheamus gets added into the list of contenders for Roman Reigns 1st WWE World Championship run by Money In The Bank. But like I said, Sheamus should cash-in and lose, but that doesn't mean he can't get another opportunity and a proper push at WWE TLC and The Royal Rumble. Adding Ambrose into this mix is very easy - give him the win at the Rumble (and thus the #1 contendership spot) and he will help out Roman Reigns because they should be both babyfaces and still have that friendship going (with some friendly rivalry added of course). Then Seth Rollins gets to claim his WWE title rematch too and he helps his former Shield brothers to get rid of this trio just so we can have the main event for WrestleMania 32 in Roman Reigns (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins.

Seriously, Sheamus/Barrett/Rusev should be canon fodder for the main event scene and that's not a bad thing for neither guy. Mostly because they will get to share screen time with three of the hottest acts in WWE and they can steal a win here and there just for the sake of credibility. But in the end, they should lose just to give those three guys a "big" win and make them ready for the biggest fights of their careers. Seriously, this is such an easy story to write and produce... And we will probably have the lazy option...

Sheamus/Barrett get added into the tag shuffle, feud with the Dudleyz, feud with The Usos. Tag titles and lost. While Ambrose/Reigns/Rollins get to have single matches with Y2J/Cena/HHH... Not complaining, but it could be that much better if they were working on the triple threat main event.

They can go as far as the WWE creative team and Vince McMahon want them to go. Right now though there are a couple of major hurdles to get over.

First of all Sheamus is holding a guaranteed contract for a shot at the world title. The have to get the suitcase off him somehow, or this team will never go anywhere, or be believed to be an actual team. Like someone else said, if Sheamus get's his opportunity to go after the title, he's gone.

Now in saying that, they've done nothing to build Sheamus up since he won the damm thing. Most of his matches have been tag affairs anyway, and once, only once he tried halfheartedly to cash in. He carries the briefcase like it's a prop now, and I don't think he or the WWE is serious about a Sheamus title run. It would come out of nowhere and go exactly the same place, nowhere.

Barrett has been very lucky and unlucky at the same time. Just when he got on a roll he got injured, twice. He's sort of another Sheamus, in that they give him the KOTR, which in this day and age means absolutely nothing.

So you have two guys, one with a crown and one with a briefcase as a tag team. Get rid of the crown, and the case and you might have a good team here. They are both brawlers, suit each others styles well, and could be formidable when they get going.

Would love to see them against Harper and Rowan, or Harper and Strowman. That would be one hell of a match. They won't be as entertaining as New Day, but then no one is, so it's not really a slight against them.

I'd be a lot more optimistic about this if Sheamus didn't have the MITB briefcase. I've wanted to see Barrett & Sheamus as a team for a while now, I just think they mesh well together and bring a fun dynamic to the tag team picture. However, the problem is the MITB briefcase and what it represents: an almost guarantee that the holder will be WWE World Champion.

Because of the briefcase, I just get the feeling that Sheamus is teaming with Barrett to give him something to do for a while; that it's sort of a placeholder spot until WWE gets ready to push him into a stronger position in which to cash in.

Cant see them going nowhere else but Sheamus to cash in and to have Barret as "enforcer". Though cant really see WWE pulling on that move because Sheamus(as much as WWE hates it)doesnt really pull almost any kind of reaction. Though they have always tryed to build him as legit competitor he kinda was and is stale. But WWE is infamous of building their MiTB winners in dark matches at PPV(they allready did that with Bryan) so I wouldnt be suprised if maybe they try Sheamus as "transitional" Champ for a month or two until Wrestlemania time has started.

It can really go good and far for us and the duo if following things happen....
1. Drop the King Barrett gimmick and give back the Bad News Barrett.....
2. Make Sheamus cash-in and lose....
3. Bring back the older Sheamus....
As we know both are good brawlers and mic skills are good too atleast for barrett.... so they can go far if they are renovated...

Check this out how about Sheamus tries to cash in and loses so his money in the bank deal is over.

There's a thought, huh? The possibility that Sheamus will be one of the very MITB holders to fail in his cash-in effort, so WWE is jumping the gun and spelling out his immediate future by forming a tag team for the fella? After all, if he is to win the world title, why would he need to partner with Barrett?

Still, these guys are great ring workers who can't seem to get anything going as singles. I don't know that pairing 'em up will help; it might amount only to a 'two wrongs make a right' attempt.

Honestly, I hope something good happens for them. Keep Barrett off the injured list & stop Sheamus from looking like an Irish jewelry store model....and maybe they can find some good chemistry to build on.

I just want to point out something about calling these guys a UK stable. Now I know not many people will care about this in the US, but if you go around calling Sheamus and Barrett a UK stable, the Irish fans are going lose their pints. Sheamus is from Dublin, in the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland isn't part of the UK and they hate the UK. Just a minor detail I felt needed to be put out there before we send these guys out to the ring with the Union Jack on their tights.

I just want to point out something about calling these guys a UK stable. Now I know not many people will care about this in the US, but if you go around calling Sheamus and Barrett a UK stable, the Irish fans are going lose their pints. Sheamus is from Dublin, in the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland isn't part of the UK and they hate the UK. Just a minor detail I felt needed to be put out there before we send these guys out to the ring with the Union Jack on their tights.

Russev the Russian, and Kofi The Jamaican Kingston will both tell you that WWE doesn't really care about accurate nationalities.

In DX early stages, Trips was just sort of hanging around HBK and having his back because he didnt have a storyline or a feud of his own because he was in the doghouse. Just because Sheamus cashes in doesnt mean Barrett has to fall to the waste side. If Sheamus cashes in, he can help him keep the title to as far as Fastlane with a Barrett helping him and getting main event exposure at the same time. Then after Sheamus drop the title they can chase the tag title in a fatal four at WM wit the Usos, Dudleys, and New Day

Maybe a solid run with the tag titles somewhere down the line, but I'm not expecting big things from Sheamus and Barrett as a tag team. Still, at this stage in their careers, a tag team is probably the best option for Sheamus and Barrett. With all the talent coming up from NXT and Reigns, Rollins, and Ambrose slowly solidifying their spots as legit main eventers, Sheamus and Barrett are headed to the back of the line for spots in WWE. They'll always have a place on the roster as seasoned veterans, but that's about it.

Sheamus' return has been a flop for the most part, and his new look is more of a running joke (the "you look stupid" chants) than anything. If we're talking about Sheamus as Mr. MITB, it can be next week or in 2016, but I have a feeling, when Sheamus cashes in, it'll be a big dud for a moment, because he's having a hard time building any momentum. I think we're past a point, where Sheamus has suffered way too much damage as a character over the years with nothing feuds and goofy comedic bullshit, and his age is not helping the problem.

Wade Barrett? His window to have a truly prosperous career closed years ago during his time as Nexus' leader and his feuds with John Cena and Randy Orton. One too many setbacks and major injuries constantly derailed whatever momentum Barrett had in the past, and it's hard to forget about all the failed runs with the IC title.

Wade Barrett? His window to have a truly prosperous career closed years ago during his time as Nexus' leader and his feuds with John Cena and Randy Orton. One too many setbacks and major injuries constantly derailed whatever momentum Barrett had in the past, and it's hard to forget about all the failed runs with the IC title.

I disagree with this to a point, as he actually was getting strong reactions and seemed to be building up momentum when he returned in 2014, after Wrestlemania. But for whatever reason, audiences have only given him mild responses since he came back after Swagger injured him and WWE doesn't have any faith him.

As for this tag team, I expect it will implode in the same way Barrett/Stardust did- and I think Barrett and Stardust had better chemistry. Sheamus has his MitB contract and joining the Tag Team division on a full time basis will only be a distraction.

We have been seeing Sheamus and BNB team up with each other lately how far can they go. Check this out how about Sheamus tries to cash in and loses so his money in the bank deal is over. We know Sheamus is not doing so well as a singles wrestler so put him and BNB together and see what they can do. I know they would be a heel tag team so that will work with the Usos coming back soon as faces we could always use another heel tag team. They do work well together I can see them going as far as challenging and maybe even winning the tag titles. So what do you guys think, can they be a top tag team some day.

They could be a good tag team, both are talented wrestlers. I'd love to see Sheamus, Rusev, and BNB become members of The Authority, be the muscle. They need some young blood.

In DX early stages, Trips was just sort of hanging around HBK and having his back because he didnt have a storyline or a feud of his own because he was in the doghouse. Just because Sheamus cashes in doesnt mean Barrett has to fall to the waste side. If Sheamus cashes in, he can help him keep the title to as far as Fastlane with a Barrett helping him and getting main event exposure at the same time. Then after Sheamus drop the title they can chase the tag title in a fatal four at WM wit the Usos, Dudleys, and New Day

Well there's a pretty big difference between DX and Barrett/Sheamus. For one DX was a stable of 2 long time friends, of course they're going to stick with each other. Barrett and Sheamus on the other hand are a tossed-together team of heels that have nothing better to do. And while your idea may be a very good use for Barrett it would not so great for Sheamus.

If/when Sheamus cashes in he'll need to make a impact on his own since this may quite possibly be his last title run, he can't just be another heel champ relying on someone else's help since we already had 6+ months of Rollins doing that. And lastly if he drops the title at Fastlane he would be due a rematch which would happen at WM.

I can't believe this...Mr. MITB and Mr. King of the Ring tagging together. And doing really well together. They could have heck of a feud with any 2 Wyatt Family members.

Either their wanting to try to bring back prestige to the tag titles....or else burying 2 superstars..

Another problem I have with this tag team is Sheamus would have to be the leader as he has the contract, but would someone who calls himself 'King' allow himself to play second fiddle to someone else? He'd have to get jealous of that contract and Sheamus would have no reason follow Barrett's lead. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's the problem.

Right now you have an unreal top heel team in The New Day. So there's really not much room for another heel team, especially a heel team of two singles guys thrown together short term. Sure they can get into the mix of endless fatal-4-way tag matches, but I can't see them ever drawing more heat than The New Day as a team.

Let's face it, Barrett is fucking floundering in the midcard. Sheamus at least gets involved in feuds that make the PPV card and he has the MITB, which assures that at some point he's gonna be in the World Title mix. So my proposal is that they use the Sheamus/Barrett team as a springboard for a Barrett face turn. I mean why the fuck not? He's done absolutely nothing as a heel for years, he's only ever been a heel, why not take a chance and try him out as a babyface. The Bad News Barrett gimmick became something pretty entertaining, the fans caught on quick and had a lot of fun with it and I actually think it would be easy to turn it into a babyface schtick. Keep the dickishness and the attitude, but direct at the opponent rather than the audience. For example he could say something like "Sheamus...I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS (crowd obviously sings along)...everybody here in Baltimore is right...you do...in fact...LOOK STUPID!"

You get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back