• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shawn Michaels In ring action at Wrestlemania 30?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
So wrestlezone has just reported that wwe maybe wanting shawn to have a match at wrestlemania 30! so would you wanna see hbk back in the ring?
if you say no i suggest maybe you never seen 1 hbk match!
with the rock being out for maybe a year, bring hbk is nothing to laugh at, i think hbk would bring ratings in! but i would only wanna see hbk vs hhh. i don't wanna see hbk vs daniel bryan "this would be a great match but daniel bryan don't need anymore hype to much more and we're have superbryan" besides the iwc is turned on daniel bryan already. so whats your thoughts on a possible hbk in ring return? or is this just a rumor?

I think him returning sets up a match at WM 30 between the Shield and the team of Undertaker, The Rock and HBK. HHH will get the shield to attack HBK during his time in this feud and then him, The Rock and the Undertaker will have something in common and that is an unresolved issue with the Shield.

Seriously dude, stop making threads.

Of course WWE want HBK to have a match. His return to the annual legends show that is WrestleMania would give everybody a wetty. However he's retired and there is no chance of him having another match.

I don't see it happening, nor do I really want to. At this point HBK's retirement has actually meant something, & when he comes back for any reason, it feels special unlike other legends. I have no issue with HBK having a spot on the card, but I really don't think he needs to have a match, & chances are if he did have a match it would be against Triple H, & do we really need so to see yet another Triple H/HBK match? I'd rather we get something new at WM this year, instead of dragging old dogs out of retirement again for a match we've seen about 3 dozen times already. Also HBK seems pretty content with not stepping in the ring anymore.

No I don't want hbk back. He went out main evening WM in a 5 star show stealing match. Why would he come back? Hbk vs db, give me a break. Why do people in the IWC believe that if you start getting a little bit of buzz you should get main event matches with the greatest of all time at Mania? DB is a nobody that gets a crowd reaction, just like Road Dogg and road dogg was much more entertaining. Hbk vs hhh um no thanks, it would be a good match but not better than his last match so it would be pointless. I don't want to see Austin or hbk wrestle ever again.

The Greatest Entertainer in pro wrestling history vs The Greatest In Ring Wrestler in pro wrestling history
The Rock vs HBK
The Man who beat three generation's top stars Hogan, Austin, Cena at Mania vs Mr WrestleMania
WM XXX MAIN EVENT
IT DOESN'T GET ANY GREATER THAN THIS!!

The whole HBK retirement business is all about marketing. I know it is a sacred cow to some wrestling "purists." But there is nothing imprudent about one more HBK match.

HBK would still be a "retired" wrestler. He would just be coming out of retirement for one more match. Undertaker could still lay claim to retiring Michaels, but that shouldn't preclude HBK from the occasional big match payoff.

I can't remember many - if any - cases of a wrestler losing a retirement match and actually staying retired. So to those that say "He's retired. It's impossible for him to have a match", you're clearly mistaken. It's entirely possible. There's nothing that actually prevents him from wrestling if he wants to do so. In fact, history suggests he will wrestle again.

Now, a few years ago, reports surfaced that Shawn Michaels was pissed at Ric Flair for continuing to wrestle after he had promised Michaels that WrestleMania 24 would be his last match. For Michaels to get back in the ring after doing the same with The Undertaker would be hypocritical. Certainly Michaels could ask The Undertaker if he'd be ok with the decision to wrestle again, and a "Yes" from 'Taker might ease the guilt of hypocrisy --- but the bottom line is that the decision to wrestle again is Michaels to make and has nothing to do with his having lost a retirement match.

That said, I agree with those that would criticize his decision to get in the ring again. His final match was epic, and there's something to be said about going out on top like he did - something that could potentially be soured if he gets in the ring again, and it doesn't live up to his match with The Undertaker.

For me, the ONLY match I could see Michaels even considering is one against Triple H at WrestleMania. Sure, we've seen that match, and that story, before - probably too many times. But as many things as Michaels was able to do during his career, the one thing not on the list is a match against his best friend at WrestleMania ... and as special as his final match with The Undertaker was, there's something equally - if not more - special about going out for good on the grandest stage of them all against your best friend.

So these rumors make sense to me. We're about 2 months away from the unofficial start to WrestleMania season (I consider January to be the start even though the Royal Rumble is later that month), and Michaels has just been re-introduced as a major player in the ongoing Triple H vs Daniel Bryan feud. Michaels could easily go against Triple H here and tip the feud in favor of Bryan, a move that would cause the ire of Triple H and potentially lead to a feud just as WrestleMania season nears.

------

Note: The IWC has turned on Bryan? I haven't noticed that. I've noticed the IWC turning against the Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton program since nothing has truly progressed since the first few weeks after SummerSlam, but most people still seem pretty solidly behind Bryan. They just want the story to move on and for another to emerge in its place.

No need at all. Shawn went out with a great match in the main event of Wrestlemania. I don't care what they've got for him, because it's not going to hit the same level he was at with Wrestlemania 26. Shawn is one of the only wrestlers to actually stay retired and that's a good thing. In the words of the Flair tribute song, leave the memories alone. Shawn wouldn't have wrestled in four years and I wouldn't want to risk him not being able to live up to the standard he set when he left.

Short version: it would be fun and Shawn can probably still go better than 90% of the active roster, but it's better if he stays retired and makes guest appearances like he does now.

Shawn went out with an epic Wrestlemania main event. He even got like 10 minutes with no commentary afterwards to just walk out and wave goodbye and stuff. It just doesn't get any bigger and better than that.
Any return to the ring would only diminish his legacy. He shouldn't do it. And I don't think he will. Mere Internet rumors.

That being said, if he did return, of course I'd have to watch it...... :blush:

Guys, I'd love to see Shawn Michaels return to the ring for WrestleMania it would be amazing. However if you want his retirement to stay authentic.. then he should stay retired and always be involved in some other way. However, as for list of opponents..

-Triple H
-The Rock
-Daniel Bryan
-CM Punk
-Rob Van Dam
-One of the members of the Shield

Now for me IF he were to come out of retirement and wrestle one more match on the grandest stage of them all, these are one of the people I'd like to see him wrestle!

I don't care if HBK ever wrestles again. If he does, it will definitely be against HHH. Why? It would be for HHH.

It would signal HHH's last match. HHH and HBK believe their feud is unmatched. With that thought in Shawn's head, he wouldn't feel coming back would tarnish his legacy.

Another poster mentioned history showing HBK will probably wrestle again. It is definitely possible, but for some reason I see him as the one guy not coming back. I was at Raw Monday, and when he came out for the guest referee poll the crowd went nuts. I am fine with him doing that every once in a while. He went out in one of the greatest matches in Mania history, and he seems truly happy with what he is doing now outside of the business. I would watch the match if he had one, but I just don't think he needs or would want to do it again.

So wrestlezone has just reported that wwe maybe wanting shawn to have a match at wrestlemania 30! so would you wanna see hbk back in the ring?
if you say no i suggest maybe you never seen 1 hbk match!
This has nothing to do with the "why" I don't want to see HBK get back in the ring. For once, WWE has honored a stipulation, and his was to "retire forever" if he lost. We all know the outcome, he was tombstoned for the third time by the greatest Wrestlemania performer of all time, The Undertaker.

That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy the match. I likely would, a great deal. But for once, it would be a show of good faith if WWE didn't weasel out of a stipulation because it suits them. A lot of fans would love to see HBK go again.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but I want to take people at their word.

with the rock being out for maybe a year, bring hbk is nothing to laugh at, i think hbk would bring ratings in!
HBK didn't bring in ratings in his prime, so why would he suddenly do so now? He'ld be ostensibly four years retired and well past-his-prime, and that would deliver ratings?
A good match? Sure. Ratings? Doubt it.

but i would only wanna see hbk vs hhh. i don't wanna see hbk vs daniel bryan "this would be a great match but daniel bryan don't need anymore hype to much more and we're have superbryan"
So you'ld rather see two men, HHH and HBK, who've wrestled in virtually every match type face off again, rather then a first-time ever, student vs. teacher match. I know which one is more appealing to me:
It's the first time ever match. ;)
Just in case I hadn't been clear before. :p

besides the iwc is turned on daniel bryan already.
Who has turned on Bryan, exactly? I'm not seeing it, to be honest, not on the site, and certainly not from crowds. Raw was in my hometown last night, and the response to him hasn't tapered off at all. What are you seeing, specifically, that I'm not?

so whats your thoughts on a possible hbk in ring return?
I don't believe it will happen, as HBK has said he's very content in his private life. Every time he's been asked, the answer has been the same. And that's simply that he intends on honoring his retirement stipulation, and feels like he went out in the best way possible: Losing to the Undertaker in a great match in the main event of Wrestlemania 26. It doesn't get much better then that.

or is this just a rumor?
Something that isn't confirmed is exactly that: A rumor. Wrestlemania is 6 months away, and here's what Justin LaBar wrote:

Justin Labar: "Shawn Michaels returning to be part of the top storyline at Hell in a Cell has gotten a lot of people talking backstage. They can't help but wonder if this will lead to a potential in-ring return at WrestleMania XXX in April."
Talking, wondering, and potential alike all mean the same thing: Nothing has been discussed, and wrestlers are wondering why he'ld return to referee such a major match if he wasn't wrestling.

Obviously, there's no confirmation. Until it's reported, with opponent and HBK himself stating he's wrestling, this is the definition of a rumor. Don't get your hopes up much over something unlikely to happen.

I don't see HBK coming back to wrestle a match but could definitely see him being in Daniel Bryan's corner for a Wrestlemania match against Randy Orton with HHH in his corner. Or it could be Danial Bryan with HBK vs HHH with Stephanie in his corner after Hunter decides that having the title himself is good for business.

Another off the wall idea would be to have Shawn get tired of the COO's antics and reforming DX with Daniel joining Billy Gunn and Road Dog (maybe others?) with himself as manager. Nothing would infuriate HHH more than to see something he was a part of turned against him.

If HBK wanted to I'm sure he could steal the show again... its what he does. Are there many clear options for a match. It would obviously have to be something, or someone, that is worthy of him coming out of retirement. I would say there is The Rock, Triple H, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Anyone else would be underwhelming or a complete shock i.e Sting, Goldberg.

The Rock would be my preferred choice. These two never had a feud and I just feel it has to happen. The problem is that neither is a devoted wrestler and I'm not sure if they could still put on a classic but a match of this stature, I'm sure they would pull through. Plus the buyrate would be quite nice.

Triple H is an obvious choice. It makes sense for both and I fear they are going down that road. They have wrestled before and it isn't special enough for HBK. I understand that Triple H wants his last match to be with HBK well there is no way Triple H is retiring any time soon so I can rule out that theory.

Bryan? HBK trained Bryan and I'm sure the two would put on an incredible match. Similarly with Punk but that is far more unlikely.

I don't think HBK will ever return, I feel he is done with the in-ring stuff. However, if he was ever tempted then he is certain to face Triple H which is a match that I am not desperate to see.

Do you not know Shawn Michaels is retired? He retired in 2010, he's not like Ric Flair, he takes his retirement seriously. There's no way he's having a match at WrestleMania 30. He's only making special appearances now, like being the special guest ref at Hell in the Cell, he's done having matches though.

It doesn't matter what Westlezone reported, it' obviously bullshit, like most reports.

I am a HBK fan but no I do not want HBK to return as a wrestler. I want someone that retires for real to actually stay retired.

Do you not know Shawn Michaels is retired? He retired in 2010, he's not like Ric Flair, he takes his retirement seriously.

Oh really? You mean he didn't retire twice within 97-98 only to come back each time? He takes his retirement very seriously.

If Shawn were to come back, three things need to happen:

1. Vince offers him a huge cheque that can't be turned down
2. He gets approval from 'Taker
3. Hunter decides to retire-- wants his last match against HBK

i hope he doesnt come back and i dont think he will. he will stick to his word and i wish the fans will let him.

I dont see it happening. No need for Shawn to come back at all to wrestle. Maybe in some other way but to wrestle no.

If it does I only see two options:

1. HHH- Done to eternity but classic. Too much friendship and history together so storyline would be epic by just mentioning that history. :)

2. Danyel Bryan- Teacher vs Student. Can student overcome his teacher? Just by that tag would be more epic then Punk vs Brock with all The Best vs The Beast. :p

Both can begin to set on next PPV where he is involved in HHH-Bryan storyline...

But as I said, dont see the need for any. He is just as fine like this and dont see Shawn would go down the road as Flair did. Would be epic but no.

Yes having HBK in the ring would be great awesome and he can still go better than 90% of the roster. But i dont want to see him wrestle his retirement has actually meant something cough Ric Flair Cough! When he said he was done he has meant it. The man had the match of matches against Taker at WM26. Yes,he can do special guest appearances,guest referee,and actually throw some doubt on to whos side hes on.

But to suggest he wrestles is out of the question. His Legacy is set in stone no need to tarnish it! Plus WM30 would have marked four years,since he last wrestled,im sure Shawn doesnt wanna appear to be a step slower.

wwe or the fans cant ask for anything more than what shawn has already done for them

but.......
if he comes back as a gm or sherrif or something leads it to a match that should have happened but never did hbk vs the rock
wrestling will be fun again.......
even without any match merely his presence would benifit the dying buisness and ratings immensely.....

no, a 48 year old who wont have wrestled for 4 years and well out of ring shape is not what I want to see at Mania 30. Why even suggest it. I have no issues him being a part of the show and sure he will be in some capacity, but HBK wont be wrestling. He isnt Ric Flair, whose word means zero......HBK has integrity since he found God or whatever, lets leave it that way

I'm absolutely split on the issue. For one, HBK retired in one of the most unconventional ways in the industry's history. He received an amazing sendoff and is expected to honor the terms of his retirement. Breaching that agreement would be a huge disrespect to The Undertaker, a man who spends an entire year nursing injuries so he can wrestle one match at the biggest stage of the business. When Ric Flair broke the terms of his retirement it was ill received and it would be a shame to see Michaels head down the same path. If he does return to the ring it completely undermines the culmination of one of the greatest rivalries in the company's recent history.

Mick Foley just revealed that he can no longer wrestle a match whether he wants to or not. In my opinion, the time between Foley's match with Edge and that announcement was a pool of wasted potential. Foley could have worked a couple more serious programs and added more stock to his legacy. All the great Attitude Era legends have had great runs in recent years. Its no secret that Michaels' knees are in poor condition, and if there is a chance that Shawn has one or two more matches in his tank it would be a shame not to capitalize on that opportunity. We dont want to get to the point where theres a program available for Michaels but its a year too late for his body to endure. If there is a feasible rivalry which adds significant value to Shawn's career then I say go for it. Theres no reason to stick Shawn in a filler match at Mania though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back