Shaun Rogers Redeems Himself

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
Cleveland Browns DT Shaun Rogers was ridiculed earlier this off season and rightfully so for having a gun in his carry on at the airport and getting caught with it. He apologized profusely saying he forgot the gun was in the bag but it was still a huge mistake.

Last week he redeemed himself. He and a friend were driving on Interstate 71 in Ohio and the car in front of them was swerving badly and driving on a flat tire. Rogers called the police to report the potential drunk driver. I'm sure most people would have done at least that but Rogers continued to stay on the phone with dispatchers and followed the car down the highway.

The the car ended up pulling over but it also turned it's lights off and half the car was still in the far left lane. Rogers and his friend pulled up behind the car and turned on the emergency lights to make sure a tragedy was avoided.

If he had simply just called the dispatcher told them about the drunk driver a tragedy was still likely to happen. Even if he followed the car until it pulled over and then left, the car most likely would have been hit as it was still half in the fast lane and it's lights were completely off. Rogers was commended for his actions by the police chief.

NFL players and pro athletes in general always make the news for the things they do wrong and rarely for the things they do right. It's nice to see a story like this especially about a player who has made the news a few times for the wrong reasons.

I went looking on ESPN.com and SI.com to see if I could find the story there. I didn't. And I guess I wasn't expecting to either. Rarely do these type of acts get reported. To hear (or read) about this is good. I'm sure Rodgers didn't do this with the intention of trying to make himself look good, or try to get back in the good graces of fans and media, and that makes this even better. These guys for the most part are all good people, and its a shame that their faults are the only thing that really gets attention. Refreshing to hear something good for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back