Shane or Stephanie? Who will be the better Chairman of The Board?

Who will be the better Chairman of The Board

• Shane McMahon

• Stephanie McMahon-Levesque

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some people are using CEO and Chairman of the Board as interchangeable roles. They are very closely related but not the same.

NOTE: I'm only talking about corporate WWE, not kayfabe chairpersons, boards or GMs or anything like that.

The Board of Directors is a group made up of mostly non-employees of the company who act as oversight for the company. They're concerned with mergers and acquisitions, accounting ethics, stock dividends etc. Very high-level stuff.

Current list is http://corporate.wwe.com/governance/board.jsp

The CEO reports to the Board. The board hires/fires the CEO and often the other top executives. The board elects a chairman to 'head' it.
So this puts Vince at the top of the food chain (duh).

The CEO as Executive officer basically is in charge of taking the direction set by the board and executives and making it happen.

In many companies the CEO is also Chairman of the Board. In some cases s/he is not. Personally, I don't like them being the same person as I feel it creates a conflict of interest, but that's a discussion for an MBA class. As noted above Linda is CEO while Vince is Chairman.

So to get to the point...it's tough to say if Shane or Stephanie is qualified for Chairman of the Board. So, I'll approach this in reverse. I think Stephanie is better for CEO. She exudes that leadership quality that drives respect and motivation from those under her. It's the CEO's job to make things happen, 'the buck stops here' etc. That's more Steph to me. As Becca said 'I see Stephanie as being the one who could organise things and seem to be in control more.' That is the exact job description of a CEO, not a chairperson of the board.

So this puts Shane as chairman of the board, inheriting Vince's position, assuming the CEO/Chairman role stays split. And to back-up Becca again, a corporate board is very much a 'good-ol-boy' type of game. The business world can handle a female CEO. A female chairperson, not so much. Notice that only Linda and one other female are on the board. Both are there by default because of of their roles (CEO and COO respectively).

Then Triple H takes Stephanie's current role as EVP over Creative. And Joey Styles gets promoted from the website to Shane's current role over Global Media.

Some people are using CEO and Chairman of the Board as interchangeable roles. They are very closely related but not the same.

NOTE: I'm only talking about corporate WWE, not kayfabe chairpersons, boards or GMs or anything like that.

The Board of Directors is a group made up of mostly non-employees of the company who act as oversight for the company. They're concerned with mergers and acquisitions, accounting ethics, stock dividends etc. Very high-level stuff.

Current list is http://corporate.wwe.com/governance/board.jsp

The CEO reports to the Board. The board hires/fires the CEO and often the other top executives. The board elects a chairman to 'head' it.
So this puts Vince at the top of the food chain (duh).

The CEO as Executive officer basically is in charge of taking the direction set by the board and executives and making it happen.

In many companies the CEO is also Chairman of the Board. In some cases s/he is not. Personally, I don't like them being the same person as I feel it creates a conflict of interest, but that's a discussion for an MBA class. As noted above Linda is CEO while Vince is Chairman.

So to get to the point...it's tough to say if Shane or Stephanie is qualified for Chairman of the Board. So, I'll approach this in reverse. I think Stephanie is better for CEO. She exudes that leadership quality that drives respect and motivation from those under her. It's the CEO's job to make things happen, 'the buck stops here' etc. That's more Steph to me. As Becca said 'I see Stephanie as being the one who could organise things and seem to be in control more.' That is the exact job description of a CEO, not a chairperson of the board.

So this puts Shane as chairman of the board, inheriting Vince's position, assuming the CEO/Chairman role stays split. And to back-up Becca again, a corporate board is very much a 'good-ol-boy' type of game. The business world can handle a female CEO. A female chairperson, not so much. Notice that only Linda and one other female are on the board. Both are there by default because of of their roles (CEO and COO respectively).

Then Triple H takes Stephanie's current role as EVP over Creative. And Joey Styles gets promoted from the website to Shane's current role over Global Media.

I do concur that I would like to see Shane as the Chairman (as stated previously), and hopefully Stephanie, one day, as the CEO. I think she is starting to iron out her maturity issues she once had. As far as Triple H, I can forsee him assuming Stephanie's current role as Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Creative ... however I don't forsee him doing much else within the company, as I don't think he really has a business background that qualifies him to do anything else. But he could handle those responsibilities.

BTW, just for the benefit of those who care, the other woman on the board is the new COO (Chief Operating Officer) Donna Goldsmith. I actually know her from a Merchandiser who introduced me to her on one occasion, as she used to be the SVP of Consumer Products (and his boss at the time), and was thus promoted. Now, she is also an Executive Vice President in the Company, in addition to sitting on the Board. She seemed like a very nice lady, as I met her at Madison Squared Garden, however it was only for a few minutes.

I would absolutely LOVE for you to explain what is the worst first post I have ever seen. Mood swings? I hope you're not showing any sexism here?

Actually..its not my first post..I didn't get in this forum for about a year or so and forgot all my login's and passwords..oh well..

So..here's the meaning behind it. You know that Triple H will be running it if Stephanie is there in the driver's seat. I know its going to happen, but Shane is the one with all the business prowess.

He's the one that has gotten WWE Worldwide TV deals..Stephanie is good for on-camera boss..DEFINITELY..but don't you find it odd that more people pop for Shane?

Ultimately what's going to happen is Shane will handle the financial and business end, and Stephanie will be over talent and show production.

Its already happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back