Shane McMahon is returning to WWE

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
The son of Vince McMahon, the in ring daredevil , the mic spouting Shane McMahon is rumoured to return to the WWE in 2016. Even if it is to promote a DVD with his name on it, its kind of a big deal.

Shane and Vince ( they say ) had a falling out and Shane left wrestling forever to head to Japan to tend to his own business affairs. Stephanie McMahon has since taken his spot on the totem pole with husband Triple H.

Could Shane return and throw his hat back into the fray ? Would Triple H be seriously nervous to see Shane coming back and booting him out of his spot ? Would Stephanie and Shane butt heads again ? Its all very interesting.

But we have to wait until 2016 to see it.

It might be interesting, I'd have to wait and see how it'd all come down. I'll have to see it to believe it as, last time I heard, Shane was Chairman and Principal Executive Officer of YOU On Demand Holdings Inc., which is the first ppv and video on demand service in China. Unless he quits, is released or some sort of business arrangement is being made that will increase WWE's presence in China, I don't see it being anything other than a rumor.

It's become fairly common for these rumors to stop popping up during the last handful of months of the year, at least it has for the past few years so, as I said, I'll have to see it to believe it and then see if I find it interesting.

I don't recall "them" ever saying that, Vince is very happy and proud of shane, but I guess storyline was it would be a different story, I don't see there being any power struggle, shane will just probably join the authority or something like that.

It would be cool to see him again.

I don't really believe that any of the drama you're posting about was really true, at least to the extent that some say. Who knows though.

If he returned for a run and not just a one time thing, there would be some interesting possibilities. I'd enjoy it if he came back(along with Vince) and joined the authority, only for the "rumors" to play out in storyline......he and Stephanie butt heads and Vince sides with Stephanie and HHH, and Shane leaves and goes face.

That scenario would surely piss off a lot of the know it all smarks(which is always funny) as it would basically be making fun of them and sticking it in their face, and would have real potential to be very entertaining for all fans whether they know the so-called real story or not.

I can't see him leaving where he's at. He seems to have carved his own path. Going back to the WWE would be a step backwards unless he's like how Coach is with ESPN, using WWE to make him look better.

Shane took a risk a few years ago and sold ALL his WWE stock, it was clear he wasn't getting to take over the company ahead of Paul and Steph and he had other interests. He took all his shares out and put them into the PPV company in China - and made a shit load back in a relatively short space of time.

A couple of years back, Steph started shipping Stock and Shane started buying back in - not cut and dried it was HER shares he was buying, but he did start buying back in and it's most likely she was selling to her brother.

Shane has done what his dad did, he went out, put his own livelihood on the line and built something successfully. While Paul and Steph have stayed "in the wrestling bubble", Shane has some pretty sweet contacts outside, he was on the board at one of the major talent/managment agencies for example and it's a pretty safe bet that if WWE wants a presence in China, Shane is gonna be heavily involved as he's the guy they know and do business with - whatever the relative success of that business, being there for 7 years nearly is in itself a big indicator that he is liked there.

Shane is the guy who could have been a legit world champion if we'd never known he was Vince's son - when he did wrestle he was easily as good as many on the roster of that Attitude Era, and why wouldn't he be... all those legends to learn from and rings to learn in growing up.

I always felt it sad that Vince had to "win the Rumble and the title" in 99 when Shane could have made it a lot more interesting, you could have bought Shane v Austin at Mania for the title and while the Austin/Vince tale did drive business, Shane v Austin equally could have.

Apparently he's getting a DVD, which is interesting, be has some classic moments but very few are PG. I can absolutely see him returning to the WWE board in the not too distant future, in another sign that Vince is preparing to hand it over... I think that might be what they've been waiting for, for Shane to be ready so that the BUSINESS side of things is covered, and Trips and Steph handle creative.

He also brings in extra capital - even if YOD isn't doing as well lately, if he sells up he could still realize a good return on top of the $35m he is listed has having (similar to Steph and Hunter combined) so he could add something to the business in that way too.

Not to mention that he is the most popular of the McMahon's with the fans and many of the talents alike.

He's the right guy to take the Vince role as CEO, he's not as exposed as a character - so Wall Street will like that he's not constantly trying to work perception, he has a track record outside WWE that isn't tainted by very much at all (the only bloody eye was Rory McIlroy leaving the agency he's with) and from the "boys" perspective he's been in the trenches... has done all the jobs from referee to selling merch to headlining a PPV and is a guy many of the younger talent now will have grown up watching and perhaps been inspired by.

Shane never HAD to do any of the insane bumps etc, but he did them willingly, gladly and helped make guys like Austin, Taker and the like look better - so they too will have a lot of time for working with him.

From the WWE corporate perspective and Vince, it makes sense to have Shane in that role so he's not handing over to Trips and Steph 100% - Shane has that outside perspective now and that is important. It also takes that "eggs in one basket" feeling with Hunter and Steph... would it be a little harsh on them? Not really, Trips is clearly comfortable in charge of the talent and Steph in charge of TV - neither of them has had much real world boardroom experience - and Shane coming back would let everyone play to their strengths and hopefully grow the business.

As for onscreen - I think if this happens Shane doesn't really become a character again... He might do the odd bit here and there, but not a regular stint. He'd be the perfect guy to finally end "The Authority" for example and give that power to Mark Calloway as the new "President"/authority figure, that's the perfect post Taker role as the onscreen/Jack Tunney type who shows up when a decision is needed - anyone gonna mess with him? No...

Everyone will clamor for one more match - bad idea, I am sure he can get in the shape again and can probably still approximate what he was good at - but it'd be counter-productive, they have Hunter for that and he has been active a lot more recently.

I really do hope Shane comes back as above, it'd give a lot of confidence in WWE's future cos from the outside, it does look like this might have been part of the plan all along.

Shane took a risk a few years ago and sold ALL his WWE stock, it was clear he wasn't getting to take over the company ahead of Paul and Steph and he had other interests. He took all his shares out and put them into the PPV company in China - and made a shit load back in a relatively short space of time.

A couple of years back, Steph started shipping Stock and Shane started buying back in - not cut and dried it was HER shares he was buying, but he did start buying back in and it's most likely she was selling to her brother.

Shane has done what his dad did, he went out, put his own livelihood on the line and built something successfully. While Paul and Steph have stayed "in the wrestling bubble", Shane has some pretty sweet contacts outside, he was on the board at one of the major talent/managment agencies for example and it's a pretty safe bet that if WWE wants a presence in China, Shane is gonna be heavily involved as he's the guy they know and do business with - whatever the relative success of that business, being there for 7 years nearly is in itself a big indicator that he is liked there.

Shane is the guy who could have been a legit world champion if we'd never known he was Vince's son - when he did wrestle he was easily as good as many on the roster of that Attitude Era, and why wouldn't he be... all those legends to learn from and rings to learn in growing up.

I always felt it sad that Vince had to "win the Rumble and the title" in 99 when Shane could have made it a lot more interesting, you could have bought Shane v Austin at Mania for the title and while the Austin/Vince tale did drive business, Shane v Austin equally could have.

Apparently he's getting a DVD, which is interesting, be has some classic moments but very few are PG. I can absolutely see him returning to the WWE board in the not too distant future, in another sign that Vince is preparing to hand it over... I think that might be what they've been waiting for, for Shane to be ready so that the BUSINESS side of things is covered, and Trips and Steph handle creative.

He also brings in extra capital - even if YOD isn't doing as well lately, if he sells up he could still realize a good return on top of the $35m he is listed has having (similar to Steph and Hunter combined) so he could add something to the business in that way too.

Not to mention that he is the most popular of the McMahon's with the fans and many of the talents alike.

He's the right guy to take the Vince role as CEO, he's not as exposed as a character - so Wall Street will like that he's not constantly trying to work perception, he has a track record outside WWE that isn't tainted by very much at all (the only bloody eye was Rory McIlroy leaving the agency he's with) and from the "boys" perspective he's been in the trenches... has done all the jobs from referee to selling merch to headlining a PPV and is a guy many of the younger talent now will have grown up watching and perhaps been inspired by.

Shane never HAD to do any of the insane bumps etc, but he did them willingly, gladly and helped make guys like Austin, Taker and the like look better - so they too will have a lot of time for working with him.

From the WWE corporate perspective and Vince, it makes sense to have Shane in that role so he's not handing over to Trips and Steph 100% - Shane has that outside perspective now and that is important. It also takes that "eggs in one basket" feeling with Hunter and Steph... would it be a little harsh on them? Not really, Trips is clearly comfortable in charge of the talent and Steph in charge of TV - neither of them has had much real world boardroom experience - and Shane coming back would let everyone play to their strengths and hopefully grow the business.

As for onscreen - I think if this happens Shane doesn't really become a character again... He might do the odd bit here and there, but not a regular stint. He'd be the perfect guy to finally end "The Authority" for example and give that power to Mark Calloway as the new "President"/authority figure, that's the perfect post Taker role as the onscreen/Jack Tunney type who shows up when a decision is needed - anyone gonna mess with him? No...

Everyone will clamor for one more match - bad idea, I am sure he can get in the shape again and can probably still approximate what he was good at - but it'd be counter-productive, they have Hunter for that and he has been active a lot more recently.

I really do hope Shane comes back as above, it'd give a lot of confidence in WWE's future cos from the outside, it does look like this might have been part of the plan all along.

I love everything about this post. It's always made sense that Shane should take over the corporate side of the business regardless of whether there's worries relating to Steph & Haitch's capabilities. His only real storyline would need to be the end of The Authority before taking over upstairs. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

A lot of looking through rose tinted glasses on here. Would it really matter if Shane comes back? You either keep in a business role or not at all. On screen he is so unnecessary and will only make the messy scenario that is the authority, worse. Meanwhile I dont really think the business side of things can change that much, unless he comes up with a way to remove the stigma around wrestling (which wouldnt be his job anyway).

I would love to see Shane McMahon back, maybe as a babyface authority figure to counteract The Authority. I recall an episode of RAW back in 2003 or maybe 2004 where Vince McMahon teased firing Eric Bischoff as GM of RAW and replacing him with Shane, and the crowd went INSANE. People want to see Shane take over the company, but since that's never happening now that Shane has his own company, but I'd rather have a short-term return than nothing at all.

I wouldn't mind at all if he came back, always thought he was great. Very funny and has a lot of personality.

Let's face it Vince isn't getting any younger and he's lost a lot of credibility with fans over the last couple of years with his booking choices. So many think he's out of touch, and quite honestly what he thinks will entertain us, usually doesn't it's done more to entertain him.

Shane has shown that he can go into a country that is very hard to get a foothold in and run a successful business there. There is no reason to think that he couldn't take over the corporate side of the WWE and let Stephanie and HHH run creative. HHH has also shown with the success of NXT, that he's more than capable of running that end of it. The plus would be that Vince is still around in order to help them steer the ship so to speak, and can be used as a sounding board based on his wealth of experience.

In saying all that though, I don't expect to see immediate changes if it does happen. It will take awhile for everyone to get acclimatized to taking on expanded roles. But I think we will see a lot of positive changes in the end run.

Even though Shane has been out of the business for a few years now, the only thing that's changed are the people, the business itself is fundamentally the same. So I would welcome him back in the hopes that the business does get better.

What I would really like to see is a good product put out there every week, not just in the run up to the Rumble and Mania. This is a year round business, and sometimes I think they forget that. With new people, new ideas and the roster they have, there is no reason that can't happen. The ratings show that the product as it is now is lackluster, and we need someone to put some shine back on it.

I hope they have an angle where Shane challenges Triple H for the day-to-day running of WWE.

Maybe have it that Shane says that he has come back to take back "what is his birthright" and feuds with Triple H, saying that Triple H undermined him and pushed him out to grab his share of the company.

This would also cause conflict for Stephanie, as she is torn between her brother and her husband. It would lead to a Shane McMahon v Triple H feud somewhere down the line.

If this is true, meet the man that replaces VKM. Stephanie and Trips are probably hoping that day happens sooner rather than later. Why? First off, NOBODY with a working financial brain will even whisper an objection to Shane. He sits on the board of IMG, and he founded, and is current Chairman, YOU on Demand. He is in Beijing's good graces, which WWE will exploit. Second, Shane will handle the BUSINESS end of the WWE. Trips and Steph will handle the CONTENT end. So, you are NOT going to see Shane run out with a new script while John Cena has Tyler Breeze in the AA. Finally, there becomes a realistic line of succession once VKM goes. This will keep the back at ease. This will translate into a better product, as there will be less eggshell walking.

Shane O'Mac coming back is a good thing for Stamford....and for wrestling in general.

It was always a given that Shane would eventually make his way back to WWE in some capacity. Although these are just rumors at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trot Shane out in order to plug his DVD and give the fans a nice feelgood moment. There have been some rumblings lately that, while HHH and Steph are ready to run the Creative aspect and day to day operations of the company, they're in no way ready enough to run the business aspect of it... It's not impossible that Shane could be that guy.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything big though. That would just lead to disappointment.

Shane is not returning to wwe as his son doesn't want any involvement with his Dad and His sister with his brother in law that he doesn't get along! If I were his son I would just forget about them as well

There are no issues between Shane and WWE. Shane has said himself in regards to a possible on-screen return "never say never" and has also said he would return to an office role in the company if the time was right and if he felt he could make a difference. It's somewhat unlikely he will fully "run" WWE like Vince, hopefully if anything that falls to Triple H, going off his NXT success, they are in good hands. If Trip and Shane worked together, I think the company could do very well

If this is true, meet the man that replaces VKM. Stephanie and Trips are probably hoping that day happens sooner rather than later. Why? First off, NOBODY with a working financial brain will even whisper an objection to Shane. He sits on the board of IMG, and he founded, and is current Chairman, YOU on Demand. He is in Beijing's good graces, which WWE will exploit. Second, Shane will handle the BUSINESS end of the WWE. Trips and Steph will handle the CONTENT end. So, you are NOT going to see Shane run out with a new script while John Cena has Tyler Breeze in the AA. Finally, there becomes a realistic line of succession once VKM goes. This will keep the back at ease. This will translate into a better product, as there will be less eggshell walking.

Shane O'Mac coming back is a good thing for Stamford....and for wrestling in general.

So, are you saying that Triple H has done a lousy job?

That amazes me, considering the love and adoration NXT gets here. NXT is Triple H's baby, and it has produced a lot of future stars.

I wonder if Shane will invest as much time and care into NXT as Triple H has?

Here is what I don't understand? If Shane is so powerful in the Chinese business world, why hasn't Vince and Shane worked something out already? Is it so hard to believe Shane is holding out on his father just waiting to get the keys to the WWE kingdom before he opens the floodgate to China?

I don't know. I think there is some ridiculous speculating going on here with some serious rose colored nostalgia glasses. Shane was great at times. But he was more of a special attraction than anything else. I don't know if he can still give the performances that we got used to.

Plus Shane returning and fighting for control of WWE doesn't mean it will be compelling TV. So much of the writing has been poor lately when it comes to drama that I am more skeptical that any of this will work beyond Shane actually coming back.

But enjoy the DVD. Should be interesting to see what they have that isn't stories about asking to try to get thrown through the glass again.

Plus if Shane did return I mean WWE is his birthright just as much as it is Stephanie's and not to mention Shane he is Vince's first-born not Stephanie so I feel that since Shane is Vince's first-born he should have been the one to take over rather than Stephanie & HHH

I hope they have an angle where Shane challenges Triple H for the day-to-day running of WWE.

If Shane is returning (a big 'if'), I can see a program such as the one above; something that would run for awhile and show a lot of the friction among McMahon family members as we used to see.

At 45, though, I doubt we'll be seeing Shane launching himself from high platforms anymore. In fact, I would think the only in-ring experiences he'll have would involve taking (or delivering) a couple of sneak shots from whomever he's dealing with.

In an organization that features his Mother taking a Tombstone Piledriver from Kane, I'd have to say that no one can avoid getting hit....at least once or twice.

Shane if anything he should be the heir apparent not Stephanie & Triple H I mean Shane is the older child out of the 2 not Stephanie so Shane he should be in line to inherit all of this not Stephanie or the doofus son in law Triple H

So, are you saying that Triple H has done a lousy job?

That amazes me, considering the love and adoration NXT gets here. NXT is Triple H's baby, and it has produced a lot of future stars.

I wonder if Shane will invest as much time and care into NXT as Triple H has?
Show me where I said that? First off, Trips does not have a degree. To Wall Street, that is two strikes already. On the BUSINESS end, Shane outshines Steph and Trips. NOBODY on Wall Street that has a working brain will oppose Shane O'Mac as Chairman and CEO. If Trips or Steph attempt to take over the boardroom on their own, I can guarantee one of two things: A) a massive stock sell off that will drive WWE's numbers into the toilet. Or, B) Endemol, NBC/Universal and their fellow travelers will start a proxy war that, in the end, will devastate WWE and the McMahon family. Shane in the CEO/Chairman's chair puts the kibosh on that. With Shane's connections to IMG and Beijing, that he developed on his own, shareholders will be SCREAMING for Shane. As for Steph and Trips? Trips will remain COO and Steph will remain CBO. Those two will run CONTENT. Shane will run the BUSINESS.

D_Henderson, I wish you would stop and think after you read something instead of just shooting your mouth off and sounding like a buffoon. You apparently did NOT read my post before you commented. If you did, you would understand why I wrote what I wrote. Think.

Shane coming back would be great. He's proved he can make it on his own without his father's help, and now (or eventually) he could/should come back and take his father's spot. Of course Vince would stick around as some have said and steer the ship before his age requires him to give up total control (which I wouldn't see happening for at least another decade btw).

HHH and Steph are great with talent and Paul has done an awesome job with NXT, but that's not the same as heading a corporate company and taking care of the day to day international financial obligations the way that Shane has. Shane-O-Mac has a place in that company that wouldn't hinder anything Steph and HHH do, and therefore he certainly should come back and join them in running it.

As far as the on-screen wrestling/entertainment aspect is concerned, Shane could absolutely be a part of it as well as adding some creative input since he knows a thing or two about putting on a show. I'd love to see him in that capacity when the storylines call for it.

Show me where I said that? First off, Trips does not have a degree. To Wall Street, that is two strikes already. On the BUSINESS end, Shane outshines Steph and Trips. NOBODY on Wall Street that has a working brain will oppose Shane O'Mac as Chairman and CEO. If Trips or Steph attempt to take over the boardroom on their own, I can guarantee one of two things: A) a massive stock sell off that will drive WWE's numbers into the toilet. Or, B) Endemol, NBC/Universal and their fellow travelers will start a proxy war that, in the end, will devastate WWE and the McMahon family. Shane in the CEO/Chairman's chair puts the kibosh on that. With Shane's connections to IMG and Beijing, that he developed on his own, shareholders will be SCREAMING for Shane. As for Steph and Trips? Trips will remain COO and Steph will remain CBO. Those two will run CONTENT. Shane will run the BUSINESS.

D_Henderson, I wish you would stop and think after you read something instead of just shooting your mouth off and sounding like a buffoon. You apparently did NOT read my post before you commented. If you did, you would understand why I wrote what I wrote. Think.

Who gives a flying F what F'ing Wall Street want. They don't run WWE. I bet that those who have shares couldn't name three wrestlers currently on the roster. Those shareholders are ONLY there because they want to make money. They don't give a stuff who runs WWE.

If Triple H bringing up a lot of stars makes WWE ratings go up, and shares go up, then I bet you shareholders will stay put.

You people love to think that Vince is everyone's bitch- the shareholders, the sponsors etc. Vince is no-one's bitch, and the sponsors and shareholders need WWE to make money just as much as Vince does.

Do you think that advertisers, sponsors and shareholders do these things to be nice guys, to be charitable? No. They are there because they get something out of the deal, and one thing about business- they don't give a toss about the other party, but no businessman will cut off their nose to spite their face. They will stick it out, rather than walk away from potential millions.

I don't think Shane will come back. Why would he if he is making so much money in his other businesses. Shane has been successful, and he has done it without his family. Why then go back and rely on the family fortune.

Besides, I bet the McMahons and Triple H would have majority shares in WWE, so they would have control. Otherwise, Vince would have to consult shareholders on what to put on "Raw" that night. So, if they all hold joint shares, then Shane will come in at whatever amount of shares he is prepared to pay, and he has more chance buying out a couple of the random shareholders before he got his hands on his family's shares.

No, you are the hateful buffoon that wants to see WWE be run by anyone but who is doing it now. You think it is cool to run down the incumbents, and say how anyone would do it better, because it makes you look cool on the internet to fellow idiots. You probably hope that WWE die, so that you don't have to be as ashamed that you watch TNA.

Here is what I don't understand? If Shane is so powerful in the Chinese business world, why hasn't Vince and Shane worked something out already? Is it so hard to believe Shane is holding out on his father just waiting to get the keys to the WWE kingdom before he opens the floodgate to China?

I don't think they need Shane McMahon to open the floodgates to China, wrestling is very popular there already. When the WWE does go over they always sell out whatever venue they are in.

I thought it was just the fact that it was so far away was the reason they don't go that often. What maybe twice a year? Look at their fanbase in the UK and Europe and they only go there that many times as well.

Shane has a good business head on his shoulders, and while he's been out of the WWE for awhile now, he is still capable of running the business end of it. Let HHH and Stephanie run creative and he can just concentrate on the other side. Maybe that's why we are seeing such lackluster product, Vince is running everything and it's obvious that things are falling through the cracks.

Shanes comin back and he's bringing his pomegranites with him!!

Would like to see him in a face role to battle the authority. It would make it interesting...just in time for Survivor Series. Team Authority vs Team Shane (whatever you want to call him). Survivor Series 2016 that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back