Shane Carwin

JenovasWitness

SHINING WIZARD!!
Looks like Shane Carwin doesn't approve of Brock Lesnar's post fight antics. He had some less then exemplary things to say about Brock on his Yahoo blog stating that brock doesn't have the respect of his peers or the MMA fans. AAAW, the build up of fresh bad blood to fuel another heavyweight main event at a PPV, perhaps?

I personally think that Lesnar would OWN Shane Carwin if they got in the same ring. The last fight I saw of Shane's was against Gonzaga and I think he got VERY lucky. Granted, it was impressive that he was able to knock out Gonzaga with that punch as it was little more then arm strength propelling it, but is that a testament to Carwin's knockout power or Gonzaga's less then granite-like chin?

Carwin will have a puncher's chance to put Brock's lights out, but I see the wrestling prowess and sheer physical aatributes that Brock possesses coming out on top here.

I really do look forward to this fight if it goes down. We would finally get to see what Lesnar brings to the table besides wrestling. I really doubt he'll be able to keep a man the size of Carwin down who also has a wrestling background. On the feet, unless Lesnar starts showing some notable stand up in that fight, i would go with Carwin just for a punchers chance. Carwin actually wears a bigger glove then Lesnar's, so he has more punching power. I really can't picture this fight going to the ground since neither would be able to keep each other down i would think. As of now i would go with Carwin simply because he has more punching power i would think because of his glove size, but really i don't think anyone can make a concrete opinion on either of these two if they were to face off. Since they both negate their strengths. As i said, i do look much forward to this one. I look forward to seeing if Lesnar isn't as one dimensional as i think he is.

White has announced that the winner of the Carwin/Velasquez match gets a shot at the UFC Heavyweight championship, depending on who the champ is at the time. I'd imagine Lesnar will have another fight before then, and assuming he retains.

As far as the matchup, both are big guys, around the 6'3" mark, and both pushing 265. Carwin has knocked everyone out in the first round, granted against weaker competition then Lesnar, while Lesnar has pretty much mastered the Ground and Pound.

Carwin is politicking at this point. He's getting his face out there, and trying to take a shot at teh mean Lesnar. Carwin also takes a shot at the "fake wrestler" saying that the outcomes are scripted, yadda yadda. Frank Mir ran his mouth, and Frank Mir got his face turned into hamburger. Brock Lesnar doesn't liek being talked down to, and I'd imagine with at least 6 months before this potential match happens, that Lesnar is going to have plenty of feul to kick Carwin's ass around the Octagon.

Division 1 > Division II.

Shane Carwin really seems like a good guy in his "trash talk" about Lesnar. How he managed that, I don't know, lol.

But yeah... I don't think Carwin would stand a chance. First of all, Carwin is no where near as big as listed. He's not 6'3, and he's not a pound over 265. So, that's one thing. But the fact is... he's a great stand up fighter, and that's basically it. He hasn't shown us anything on the ground that would lead us to believe he's worth a damn there. And his wrestling, while good, is still nothing compare to Lesnar's, especially when you add the strength and size advantage Lesnar has over him.

Really, the only way Carwin would stand a chance is by takedown defense and keeping the fight standing, but I don't think he has it in him to stop Lesnar from taking him down, so like I said.... he doesn't stand a chance.

And if its Cain Velasquez that beats Carwin and moves on to fight Lesnar... it's just another case of someone not being big enough to do anything against Lesnar. These two guys don't have the all around skill that guys like Fedor, Mir, and Randy Couture have; they're both one dimensional, so I have no idea how anyone could ever think they would stand a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back