• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shad Gaspard's MONSTER heel push

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Shad Gaspard formerly of Cryme Tyme is currently in FCW in Tampa, FL working on his in-ring skills so when he gets called back on WWE TV on the Smackdown brand. But when big Shad returns he's suppose to get a MONSTER heel push eventully leading into the main event scene.

This shows how much good work the WWE is doing by pushing new stars reguardless of any of the wrestlers faults (age, size, race).

On the Smackdown brand there are only two good heels being C.M. Punk and Jack Swagger. So Shad Gaspard would fit in that picture great as a new top heel on Smackdown. The WWE could give Shad a Psycho Sid type push if he is going to remain a heel and get a so-called MONSTER push. And who knows, Shad Gaspard could win Smackdown's world title in a matter of months?

But where do you see the direction of Shad Gaspard's future in the WWE?

Well if he will return with better in ring skills( not to say that he was shit ) we will have to wait and see.Dunno what people see in JTG he gets 0 reaction and i mean 0! from the crowd e has to yell for ten minutes and do 1000 dropkicks for people to say sth , but enough of that.Shad from what i can see can talk, although he hasnt had the opportunity to have a face off or sth heated with someone in the ring.He has a sorta charisma just by the way his face is u could tell he has it.I m sure he will do fine once he comes.BUT people need to consider this really consider this.What will he do if he is on the show with Big Zeke.We all know Zeke was supposed to get a sorta push coming from the last episode EVER of ECW ( WWECW w/e but still ) with huge momentum defeating the long reigning champion , Christian.
So we'll see how that works out for both them.Shad will have 0 momentum,people dont really care about him, so we will see if he can make them care.He got decent heat for his first time singles heel i guess(i dont know all his history but i guess this is his first time being a heel in singles ).So if he gets a lenghty program with good booking he should be fine.And again Big Zeke comes in mind.

When Shad comes back i think he'll just beat up jobbers for a while. He'll probly have a have a couple of small fueds moving up in the WWE food chain untill he gets to the IC champ. They will have a fued that lasts maybe two months . It doesn't matter if he wins it or not he just needs the rub. And right after that fued his push will start taking off

I don't really see a lot in Shad but he could suprise me though that remains to be seen. Right now Shad reminds me of a watered down version of Stevie Ray from Harlem Heat (look it up if you don't know who I'm talking about). While Harlem Heat was WAY better than Cryme Tyme definitely, Stevie had a much forgetful singles career which I see Shad heading to that direction but then again I could be wrong although I wished they extended the fued b/w him and JTG longer than they did.

I have said a couple of times before that I thought Shad got the short end of the stick, in terms of being sent to FCW. For me, he could have been a lot more promising if he had actually gotten the chance to impress people. His short-lived feud with JTG could have become a lot more than it was if the WWE has at least have shown it a little more faith and not rushed into the blow-off match to their feud after a short period. The Texas Bull Rope match was pretty quick in arriving and I don’t think that Shad and JTG got the opportunity to show us that they could have been successful in the fallout feud from their tag-team.

However, that is all in the past now and although I thought that Shad deserved a shot at being a good monster heel, he is in FCW now. Really though, this could be a blessing in disguise for Shad because it gives him some time away from WWE programming to shape his persona and hopefully he can come back as a better athlete and wrestler. As long as he works hard at trying to work on his monster heel gimmick, then I have to believe that he can be successful on Smackdown in the future. I saw him live at Smackdown in April and he was literally yelling in my face. It was incredible to see him being that intense and with a bit of refinement, he could definitely come back and be successful.

As long as he is not released down in FCW, then he still has promise and more importantly, he still has a chance to become a success in the WWE. If it was me who was booking his return, I would be keeping JTG around so that when Shad does come back he can obliterate him and then get on with being a dominant monster heel because he has the physique for it.

Anything less then this

[Youtube]KrtpAoQBHEs[/youtube]

would be a letdown for when/if Shad returns as a monster heel. I was a huge Cryme Tyme fan but I didn't like Shad's character or in ring performance at all once they disbanded. Hopefully he can get it together but he needs to start getting a reaction as a heel or else he's screwed.

I'm not to sure on this one...I don't think I want to see him as a world champion..especially if he is a heel...He would be boring...I mean him as heel is boring..

He was supposed to be getting that huge push right now!! but instead from the feud with JTG he got sent to FCW for not getting good reactions and JTG is wrestling on Smackdown and Superstars every week...

If he does come back as a monster heel...then maybe seeing him like Mabel...challenging for the title but not capturing it...unless he gets over a heel..

Agreed i don't see Shad becoming a World Champion even if he is a heel. It would be completely boring. Watching a guy only talk about how it is his time gets boring after one week of Smackdown so having him as the World Champion i don't see it happening nor do i wan't to see it happen.

Since Shad is in FCW when he returns I don't see him as a World Champion. I mean an IC champ would make sense but not the biggest dog on Smackdown. Again Shad did have a chance to be a big heel but what can he do now being in FCW.

When and if Shad comes back to the WWE I can see him competing for the title but just never winning it. If he gets really over with the crowd and continues to improve i guess you could say Shad might be a potential World Champion.

Shad is very powerful so should be good but it will be interesting if it is better than when he was in tag team with JTG

I dont think he can cut it as a main eventer. He isnt good enough in the ring and although he may be in FCW, he wont improve to that extent. His promos aren't good either so he wont exactly sell a big match on a PPV. And also, Ezeikiel Jackson has the monster heel push pencilled in for him so i dont think it works to have 2 guys doing the same gimmick because ultimately you have to see 1 of them as THE monster heel, not A monster heel and because neither have any personality they cant get over with any other way.

I would be surprised if he isnt future endeavoured by Mania 27.

Shad Gaspard was the weaker of the two former Cryme Tyme members when it came to the actual in ring work. If I do remember correctly it was JTG doing the majority of working when the team would have matches. i still don't understand why the WWE split up the team, it was over well with the fans and was a legit tag team in the division. I don't know if either Shad or JTG have any real personality either. I remember his one last promo Shad cut post-draft and remember it being one of the most boring things I had heard in a while. He just basically said it was his "time". Then he got sent down to FCW to improve his rather inferior in ring work.

Now I would not care in the slightest if Shad got a monster heel-like push. He does have the size and all to pull it off, but is worth it? Is this guy worth pushing in the long run? If he doesn't improve his ring work he no longer has a partner to hide behind and he doesn't have the charisma to hide this fault either. Shad Gaspard may be a lost cause in the world of professional wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back