Settle A Bet, Re: Low Ki's KO Capabilities

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Low Ki arrives in Evolve. Low Ki "knocks a guy out" in three seconds. This gets posted, without a source:

Person A said:
So remember that kick that Low Ki delivered to Ahtu? I thought he did a great job of selling it. Well....

Ahtu was said to be legitimately knocked out at EVOLVE 10 during a match with Low Ki.

On last Saturday's Internet PPV, Low Ki's first kick connected with and knocked him unconscious. Low Ki was the mystery opponent that Ahtu was scheduled to face.

Person B said:
Too bad that wasn't an MMA fight, would have been a highlight reel knockout.

Person C said:
Not only does he look goofy, he can't even wrassle properly.

Sam said:
He was "said to be" knocked out? Well I'll be damned. That's that one sorted.

Person D said:
Yeah, it was quite obvious that the guy was legit knocked out from it.

Person E said:
This somehow makes it ten times better.

Sam said:
I want an actual source for that. I have trouble believing a veteran of fourteen years is running around and knocking other wrestlers out.

Person A said:
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/q...le_57146.shtml

And this isn't the first time Low Ki has done something like that.

Person F said:
He works a pretty stiff style, but there's not a whole lot he could have done to protect the dude.

Really just sort of comes down to how good the other guy is at taking it.

Sam said:
I've read of how people have falsely believed Low Ki to have knocked out other workers before. I'm sorry, I just don't believe that such an unsafe worker would be allowed to carry on working. Furthermore, watching the video, it seems he catches Ahtu in the side of the temple. Furthermore, I struggle to believe you can knock someone out with a forward roll.

The title of this thread [Every Mark For Himself] does get more apt as the month goes on.

Video of the incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-xoN6Kx1VI&t=2m40s

This could knock someone out. In the MMA section there's a thread about knockouts of the year and a kick just like that won an MMA fight by knockout.

This could knock someone out. In the MMA section there's a thread about knockouts of the year and a kick just like that won an MMA fight by knockout.

It's not this one, is it?

496250330smqrq.gif

And you're not seriously suggesting that Low Ki's opponent was actually knocked out, are you? I don't think you are; I just want to make sure.

Edit: Ah no, I found the cartwheel kick. It's similar, yeah.

No I'm not. I'm addressing your question in the last quote in the opening post. I'm not likely to believe anything said by a wrestling company.

Eh, it looks like it might have made contact, (which, given how fast Low Ki was moving would have knocked someone silly) but it happened so fast and the video's not particularly good quality so it's hard to tell if it did or not. Either way, sometimes shit happens (Punk's broken quite a few noses with the GTS and Cena concussed Miz, for example) and if Low Ki did legit clock the guy it wasn't his intention to.

He wasn't knocked out though.

No he didn't knock the guy out. If Low Ki knocked the guy out the person being knocked out would have went completely limp (which is what happens when someone gets knocked out). Look at his right leg, its obvious that its not in a relaxed state. Also look at the way he fell, he looked like a stiff board, not someone relaxed.

No he didn't knock the guy out. If Low Ki knocked the guy out the person being knocked out would have went completely limp (which is what happens when someone gets knocked out). Look at his right leg, its obvious that its not in a relaxed state. Also look at the way he fell, he looked like a stiff board, not someone relaxed.

Not necessarily. Look at the gif posted earlier in the thread. That dude didn't really go limp at all (please no jokes about that sentence).

I don't think he got knocked out. Knocked loopy, perhaps, but not completely out.

"So, point at your chin dramatically, I'll reward your arrogance by kicking you in the chin and then you sell it like I knocked you out, yeah?"
"I can't believe I'm jobbing to someone who's five feet tall."

Not necessarily. Look at the gif posted earlier in the thread. That dude didn't really go limp at all (please no jokes about that sentence).

I don't think he got knocked out. Knocked loopy, perhaps, but not completely out.

No but getting a knockout in MMA doesn't mean the guy is completely out, if he is loopy but not completely knocked out they stop the fight and call it a ko because the guy can't defend himself.

Back to the original point though when the guy got hit in the Low Ki video he looked to me like he was taking a bump, even when the guy in the animated gif got hit he looked like he lost all control of his body.

He was Kaval in WWE. I had to look that up. He really make at impact there, amirite.

Just out of curiosity (because I don't really "get" the appeal of Low-Ki) what's with that thing he does where he looks like he's chewing a piece of gum? Is that supposed to make him look like a badass? If so, it doesn't really work.

Looks like a work to me, designed to sell Low Ki as a badass. It was a pretty realistic stunt, but I am unconvinced it was real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back