Serena Deeb: Recovering alcoholic

Remix

Is a thin rope
Her Twitter said:
Today I am incredibly proud, as it marks one full year I have gone without drinking alcohol. A year ago I looked myself in the mirror & reevaluated my priorities. I decided to make serious changes. I have always wanted to be a role model & help others around me because I believe that makes the world a better place. I hope this message can inspire & encourage whoever reads it. Oftentimes when people approach change, it can be overwhelming. One week is hard, one year is even harder and 'forever' almost sounds impossible. From my personal account, I think it's helpful to take things one day at a time & to constantly remind yourself of the bigger picture. We all have changes that we want to implement. A new year approaching is the perfect opportunity. Don't limit yourself & the potential that you have to live a better life. Change is never easy BUT with a challenge, you build a stronger character. Self confidence & a strong will are very empowering. Take small steps & don't look back- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." :)

So, she's been sober for a year, meaning that she wasn't while she was in WWE. Honestly, that explains quite a bit about why WWE cut her loose last August. If she wasn't just partying to excess and was showing up to shows drunk (or according to the Wellness policy having a drink within 12 hours of a show) that's a policy violation (not one that gets a suspension though, just a $1.5K fine). If that was a real problem and she refused help, WWE probably would have cut her. Off the top of my head, refusal to go to rehab is something that's grounds for release, even if the drug used isn't one that'll take you off the road for 30 days.

Good for her. I'd like to think that she would get resigned but it's probably a pipe dream.

It's a shame, she is actually a very versatile wrestler. I felt sorry for her when Punk shaved her her head but fuck, never knew she was an alcoholic. Good on her for recovering, though. A WWE return would be something I was up for.

A bit ironic that the alcoholic was in the SES. But good for her, getting clean. I don't see why the WWE wouldn't re-sign her eventually.

A bit ironic that the alcoholic was in the SES. But good for her, getting clean. I don't see why the WWE wouldn't re-sign her eventually.

Well look at Joey Mercury, a heroin and crack addict from age 16 who wrecked three cars, had multiple ODs and got fired after a personal intervention from Vinny Mac. Though admittedy, he'd been clean for a while before he was rehired.

I think she gave up wrestling.

At the moment, she's got an injury or something. I saw Brian Heffron wishing her well a few weeks back.

She suffered a concussion and hasn't been cleared to return yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back