• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Second Campaign for the Hall of Fame

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
Most of you remember my campaign earlier this year to induct Charles Robinson into the WWE Hall of Fame. Well I am about to do you good people one better. This man has had an illustrious and controversial career spanning over several wrestling promotions. This man has been in the middle of some of the most talked about title changes in WWE history. This person I so highly speak of is.....

EarlHebner.jpg

Earl William Hebner got his start officiating matches for Jim Crockett Promotions during much of the 1980s. He was the referee during the I Quit match between Tully Blanchard and Magnum T.A. in Starrcade 1985. He debuted in the WWF by refereeing a match between Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant on February 5, 1988.

1997 comes around and Hebner is in the middle of the infamous Montreal Screwjob. You all know the details since it has been talked about to death in this and other forums. That incident followed him wherever he went especially in Canada where even his son Brian Hebner received chants of "Your dad screwed Bret."

In 2000, Jericho challenged HHH for the WWF Championship in which the following happened (I know this is near and dear to your heart IC25).

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vgZjrYJ65ME&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vgZjrYJ65ME&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

In 2005, he was released for allegedly selling WWE merchandise without permission. He debuted in TNA on February 12, 2006 and found himself in controversy soon thereafter. During the King of the Mountain match, he assisted Jeff Jarrett in winning by pushing a ladder over with Sting and Christian on it.

Hebner is the quintessential controversy magnet and is one of the most infamous figures in WWF history. I know Canadians frown in anger and disgust at the mention of his name but Earl Hebner deserves to go into the Hall of Fame.

Well, I'm Canadian, but I don't frown in disgust when Hebner's name is mentioned. Actually, I think it would be a great idea to have Hebner as the first referee to enter the HOF. However, I find it highly unlikely due to his current employer, but I would love to see it at some point.

Hebner definately desrves it but it will not happen not only because he has heat but isnt he still working for TNA. Only thing I have to argue on this though is that if you are going to put referees in Tommy Young and Brian Hilderbrand should probably be the first 2 through the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back