Second and Third Plus Generation Wrestlers

Septumus

Dark Match Winner
With so many wrestlers these days coming from wrestling families, like Randy Orton, The Rock, the Usos, Curtis Axel/Joe Hennig plus several others, a thought popped into my head. Does being a nth-generation wrestler help or hurt your career more?

On one hand, there is the name recognition so you have a boost in drawing power coming out of the gate. But on the other, people will compare you to your family, and wrestlers are already compared to each other and called "The Next So-and-so". Some people called Ziggler the next Shawn Micheals, while others call him a glorified jobber, and Ryback had Goldberg chants during his undefeated streak. But this thread isn't about those kind of comparisons.

I am just curious what other people feel about it. Does having a strong wrestling pedigree help you, or hinder you?

I think it all depends on how the said wrestlers use there name. For instance Orton, he made a genuine name for himself and should be at the top right now rather than at the top of the mid-card.

But then again, look at Cody and where the hell is Ted? Having a wrestling family doesn't mean greatness though, just all depends how they use their name, and how WWE chose to pursue action

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back