Scary Thought.

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
Next month today, my parents share their 17th anniversary. My dad was 18 when he got married to my Momma. It is absolutely mind-blowing to think next month my dad got married, served in the Army, and raised a family while I sit on my ass and going to College.

I don't understand why going to college is less ideal than joining the Army or starting a family at the age of 18. Depending on your circumstances, it's probably better.

I don't understand why going to college is less ideal than joining the Army or starting a family at the age of 18. Depending on your circumstances, it's probably better.

It's not. You should do what makes you happy, and if you are happy in what you do, nobody can judge you.

Well, they can and will, but if you're happy then you don't have to worry about it.

When I was 18 I didn't have a job and didn't attend college either. After I graduated High School I pretty much just sat around the house smoking weed, playing video games and watching ESPN2 and Travel Channel all day for about a year and a half. Somehow I had a girlfriend through all of that.

My mother is 61, if my father was still around they'd be celebrating their 36th anniversary I believe.

Echelon, you've made me sad.

And getting a proper education is well worth it Pancake, take it from someone who couldn't get one.

A 35 year-old with a 18-year old son? Your dad didn't waste much time, eh? College is the way forward now, man. At least you're not interning at Burger King, think of it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back