• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scary Kids Scaring Kids

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This thread is mostly for research purposes. I don't usually listen to emo-pop (I don't know what else to call it), but I'm going to be going to Warped Tour, entirely for In This Moment's appearance, and decided to look up some of the bands that are going to be there. While about 40, out of 50 or so, bands that are going to be there suck, this band caught my attention.

I listened to My Darkest Hour on YouTube, and it's quite catchy, and actually rocks a little. I think I can get into this band. Does anyone else know anything by them thye would recommend, or any bands like them, that don't suck out loud?

SKSK is a solid band, seen 'em twice when they came round RI's parts. But I'm not sure I'd call them "emo-pop", they're really more of a metalcore/melodic hardcore band. Emo-pop is more like Saves the Day (and no...do not ever mention Fall Out Boy. They are mindless modern rock).

But if you like SKSK, and metalcore in general, then I could give you tons of reccomendations, because metalcore/screamo was what I grew up around, one of my closest friends growing up is a great metalcore band called Vanna, signed to Epitaph.

But first off, I gotta know if you're into the whole screaming thing. Because if not, then you won't like alot of SKSK or any of the music I can reccommend.

If you like the more melodic, pop-driven kind of metalcore/emo, then definately check out a band called Chiodos, they're really similiar to SKSK. Pierce the Veil is another similiar band. A Wilhelm Scream as well. If you want something more hardcore/screamo, then check out bands like Poison the Well, The Blood Brothers, Circle Takes the Square, and early Fear Before the March of Flames (their first album is probably the best metalcore album ever IMO).

But first off, I gotta know if you're into the whole screaming thing. Because if not, then you won't like alot of SKSK or any of the music I can reccommend.

You've been away too long. I love metal/screamo. My favorite bands are In This Moment, Walls Of Jericho, All That Remains, BFMV, and others. Chiodos are pretty good, but I haven't heard much from them. The more I listened to SKSK, the more I realized they're not emo-pop. I can't stand Fall Out Boy, so don't worry.

As far as bands like SKSK that I like, there's Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Saosin, Silverstein, Atreyu...I can probably just list all the bands I like. I've been to a ton of shows, and am hoping to go to some more this summer.

Nice, good to see another metalcore/screamo fan. If there is any single album I implore of you to check out, it's the album "Odd How People Shake" by Fear Before the March of Flames. That album is what initially got me into screamo/metalcore in the first place. Still my favorite to this day.

Another amazing band to check out is Poison the Well. Well enough describing, here I'll just embed a few songs for ya to sample from some of my favorite metalcore/screamo bands.

Oh, and please ignore the videos to these songs, I just picked videos that had the studio versions of the songs, so it's a bunch of fan-made videos of random crap.

Fear Before the March of Flames - Fashion Tips Baby
[youtube]LnOwTer0xXo[/youtube]

Fear Before the March of Flames - On the Brightside, She Could Choke
[youtube]2pbHA077IwI[/youtube]

Poison the Well - Nerdy
[youtube]a6ozRl795m4[/youtube]

Poison the Well - Torn
[youtube]ElH-bJhiiQg[/youtube]

Thats just the tip of the iceberg man, like I said, I HIGHLY recommend you check out the album "Odd How People Shake". Also check out Circle Takes the Square, At the Drive In, Underoath, The Blood Brothers, Emery. I could probably list of a dozen more, but those are definately a good start. Personally though, early Fear Before and any Poison the Well to me is the absolute best metalcore gets.

Reactions: NSL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back