Say something positive about the WWE creative team

TWJC: The Beginning

Royal Rumble Winner
Yup, another one of those. The negativity on here was pissing me off. Same thing as last time. I've chosen a person, or in this case, a team, that people on here generally shit on and I'm challenging you to say legitimate positive things (so no "lol they aren't rapists?") about the WWE creative team.

I want 5, or as many as you can muster, positive things about the WWE creative team. I will answer mine after a few posts because I don't want a lot of copy and pasting and want to challenge myself.

I try to do these things to get people to think outside the box and to try to see things from a new perspective.

1)They finally booked Mark Henry they way he should have been booked since the beginning.
2)They know how to use suspense/curiosity to their advantage whether they drop the storyline or not. People still tuned in to see who the mystery GM was each week.
3)They have been able to develop decent superstars out of superstars that were nobody at first. People like the Miz, ADR, Orton, Rhodes, etc.
4)They successfully put together a good storyline between The Rock and Cena that built up a lot of hype and generated a great deal of excitement.
5)They have shown to be either versatile or well prepared as in the case with Brodus Clay's twitter spoiler. They wrote Miz into the picture.
6)They have kept the WWE on the air and though they can't bring in the viewership, ratings, quality(IMO) as before, they are at least consistent.

1) They can and have made good feuds.
2) They have done good things with good wrestlers (or are we calling them "preformers" now? [that's my title Vince])
3) They ive CM Punk good opps to be funny.
4) They gave Mark Henry a shot at the title
5) They're doing a bloody good job of keeping everyone their jobs

1.Turned Mark Henry's dying sparks into a burst of flames that currently engulfs the Smackdown! main event scene
-Came off the top of my head, kudos to the creative for booking him properly. It is true that superstars get themselves over but in this case the creative team deserve majority of the credit. Henry is not doing anything out of the ordinary, he's executing what's asked for him. Shows the power of proper booking.

They've turned Henry into a credible champion that would give the guy who finally ends his Hall of Pain run instant credibility.

Sheamus' great face run got an early big boost because he feuded with Henry for a short while. Speaks volumes of how effective Mizark's heel character is.

2. CM Punk-Cena-Triple H storyline.
First, the Money in the Bank portion: It was a tremendous stretch, featuring great exchanges between Punk,Cena and Mcmahon. The match at the PPV was top notch.
Post Money in the Bank: Mcmahon is relieved by Triple H. Nice touch there. Punk-Triple H exchanges on the mic were entertaining. Punk vs.Cena @Summerslam was another great match between these two. Kevin Nash's involvement at the end was a nice surprise leading to AdR's title win.

I'd even go as to say, I enjoyed the Punk-Triple H one month feud. The exchanges were great and the match @Night of Champions was great for the most part.

3. Midcard relevance
An aspect that was overlooked in the past is now being given importance. Midcard titles finally mean something again. The Intercontinental and United States championships are both being featured prominently, being held by great superstars respectively and has provided us with great matches. These titles have meaning again and in the process built Dolph and Cody up as well.

Then the revival of the tag division. Air-Boom sounds like a cheesy name but they're good champions. Better than the previous title holders. Now with Hunico seemingly forming a stable with his companions, expect a feud for the titles that will provide us with nice tag matches as well.

4. Divas' division
The divas' division is still bad but this time, they're given importance. Beth is a credible champion and during the early stages of the divas of doom(Or whatever they're officially called) they made me care for the division. Heck, Beth got good matches out of Kelly and Eve.

5. Star-building
Wade, Zack, Cody, Dolph, and Bryan have all been given opportunities to shine and they've capitalized on those opportunities. I'd say all 5 of 'em are future legitimate main-eventers with 4 I think geared to make huge waves at 2012. They have been built properly.

Sheamus' face run has been nicely built as well. He's now one of the over guys in the company and is generally seen in the leagues of Orton,Cena and Punk because of the way he's been booked.(Although he really isn't yet, he's on the verge though)

Overall:
I give credit where credit is due and say that yes, the superstars have done well and made their respective programs worked but the creative has played a big role as well because they're the ones who gave them those angles in the first place.

They... don't turn wrestlers face or heel every two weeks.

They have shown to be able to work in unfavorable work conditions such as Vince changing storylines on the spot every week.

They don't give the fans title matches that last 2 minutes.

They at least keep their storyline consistent and you won't feel confused even if you stop watching for a week or two.

This is a real positive, their promos that hype up the fans for a return are all pretty good, from "It begins" to Undertaker's last year were great. It gives some sort of clue but still leave the possibilities open for many wrestlers.

Lastly, SOME of their storylines such as John Cena vs the fans are pretty intriguing.

But overall, I still feel that the current writers are pretty inept as they still don't know how to build successful divisions like tag team, create real sstars and not have a bunch of cookie cutters and dropped the ball on many talented wrestlers (even with obvious talents like Joe Hennig) and lastly, dropping the ball on many potential great storylines like the conspiracy story.

But they are the lesser of two evils compared to TNA which is probably the great compliment I can give them at the moment.
the tag titles are relevant again. How did they not work with that? Because there aren't 8 teams of guys who look a like?

How have they not created real stars? Sheamus, ADR, Punk, Miz, Truth, and it looks like Rhodes and Ziggler are all guys that weren't really names 5 years ago. They are continually tryin to make new guys.

"dropping the ball" well, if guys get over, they get pushed, if they don't get over, they aren't pushed, that's how it works. You can think the world of a guy, but if he doesnt' get over, he's not doing his job.

the conspiracy story may not be over.

how are guys cookie cutters? There are a pretty wide variety of types in the WWE. They're not all muscle-bound guys flexing their muscles and saying "look at my muscles" like they were in the 80s. Bourne, Ziggler, Ryder, Punk, Show, these guys are vastly different.

Some good things I'll say are:
They go a great job, better than any live TV writing dept in the world because they have to do it year-round and a lot of it is traveling. They do so and not only do well, but their programming is typically near the top of any media outlet.

They do a great job at evaluating talent. they aren't marks. They are objective. If a guy isn't over, they push someone else.

More to come.

They... don't turn wrestlers face or heel every two weeks.

They have shown to be able to work in unfavorable work conditions such as Vince changing storylines on the spot every week.

They don't give the fans title matches that last 2 minutes.

They at least keep their storyline consistent and you won't feel confused even if you stop watching for a week or two.

This is a real positive, their promos that hype up the fans for a return are all pretty good, from "It begins" to Undertaker's last year were great. It gives some sort of clue but still leave the possibilities open for many wrestlers.

Lastly, SOME of their storylines such as John Cena vs the fans are pretty intriguing.

But overall, I still feel that the current writers are pretty inept as they still don't know how to build successful divisions like tag team, create real sstars and not have a bunch of cookie cutters and dropped the ball on many talented wrestlers (even with obvious talents like Joe Hennig) and lastly, dropping the ball on many potential great storylines like the conspiracy story.

But they are the lesser of two evils compared to TNA which is probably the great compliment I can give them at the moment.

The truth of the matter is that the Creative Team sucks and the only way anyone can muster a good thing about them is if they narrow the picture and only focus on the slightest detail.

For example, one of the posters said that they are versatile and change things up like when Brodus spoiled that he was crushing Morrison that night. But usually, when WWE tries to change things up due to spoilers, they screw things up. They didn't want Batista vs. Cena to be a Loser Leaves WWE match because of the spoilers on the internet, so they removed the stipulation and had Batista quit for no reason the next night. They had Matt Hardy inexplicably be the guy who attacked Jeff because the internet had spoiled it was supposed to be Christian. It was also rumored that Jack Swagger won the Money in the Bank match because the actual winner, Drew McIntyre, was spoiled a week or two in advance.

Another example is someone saying that Mark Henry is being booked correctly. Yet they don't mention the fact that he just got jobbed to Zack Ryder and an Attitude Adjustment in under two minutes on Raw. They also don't mention that he is feuding with The Big Show and having the most boring matches instead of letting Henry feud with Sheamus or Bryan so he can have good World title matches.

The only way you can fish for a compliment about the WWE Creative Team is if you begin ignoring all their faults which are just too colossal to just ignore. This year alone we got:
1) The ridiculous No Confidence storyline with Triple H that went nowhere
2) They made John Laurinitis, the worst person on the mic in all of WWE, the General Manager.
3) The whole Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole feud
4) The whole "Michael Cole challenge" crap
5) Hornswoggle winning a battle royal and getting the ability to talk out of the blue
6) Brie Bella winning the chance to be able to kiss a superstar
7) The terrible John Cena "This is Your Life" segment
8) The Ezekiel Jackson Intercontinental Championship reign
9) The inexplicable disappearance of the Anonymous Raw GM
10) The idiotic storyline between The Great Khali and Jinder Mahal
11) The never-ending season of NXT
12) John Cena "choosing" The Rock as his partner after it was announced weeks in advance on WWE.com and The Rock had confirmed it on Twitter
13) The countless plotholes such as who lowered the cell, who was behind the conspiracy, what was the Nexus' bigger picture, etc.
14) Kevin Nash texted himself...

The list goes on and on. The creative team is a bunch of imbeciles. We're all still WWE fans, but the truth is, if the WWE was being written by much more competent writers, we would enjoy the product much more. Instead, they act as if we have low-attention spans and can't notice that we're being treated to second-rate crappy writing.

John Piermarini wrote on his blog that he pitched Beth Phoenix vs. The Great Khali for WrestleMania. The storyline would have been that Beth wanted to kiss him. KHALI VS. BETH, people! If that's not further proof that the Creative Team is insane, I don't know what is.

The truth of the matter is that the Creative Team sucks and the only way anyone can muster a good thing about them is if they narrow the picture and only focus on the slightest detail.

For example, one of the posters said that they are versatile and change things up like when Brodus spoiled that he was crushing Morrison that night. But usually, when WWE tries to change things up due to spoilers, they screw things up. They didn't want Batista vs. Cena to be a Loser Leaves WWE match because of the spoilers on the internet, so they removed the stipulation and had Batista quit for no reason the next night. They had Matt Hardy inexplicably be the guy who attacked Jeff because the internet had spoiled it was supposed to be Christian. It was also rumored that Jack Swagger won the Money in the Bank match because the actual winner, Drew McIntyre, was spoiled a week or two in advance.

Another example is someone saying that Mark Henry is being booked correctly. Yet they don't mention the fact that he just got jobbed to Zack Ryder and an Attitude Adjustment in under two minutes on Raw. They also don't mention that he is feuding with The Big Show and having the most boring matches instead of letting Henry feud with Sheamus or Bryan so he can have good World title matches.

The only way you can fish for a compliment about the WWE Creative Team is if you begin ignoring all their faults which are just too colossal to just ignore. This year alone we got:
1) The ridiculous No Confidence storyline with Triple H that went nowhere
2) They made John Laurinitis, the worst person on the mic in all of WWE, the General Manager.
3) The whole Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole feud
4) The whole "Michael Cole challenge" crap
5) Hornswoggle winning a battle royal and getting the ability to talk out of the blue
7) The terrible John Cena "This is Your Life" segment
8) The Ezekiel Jackson Intercontinental Championship reign
9) The inexplicable disappearance of the Anonymous Raw GM
10) The idiotic storyline between The Great Khali and Jinder Mahal
11) The never-ending season of NXT
12) John Cena "choosing" The Rock as his partner after it was announced weeks in advance on WWE.com and The Rock had confirmed it on Twitter
13) The countless plotholes such as who lowered the cell, who was behind the conspiracy, what was the Nexus' bigger picture, etc.
14) Kevin Nash texted himself...

The list goes on and on. The creative team is a bunch of imbeciles. We're all still WWE fans, but the truth is, if the WWE was being written by much more competent writers, we would enjoy the product much more. Instead, they act as if we have low-attention spans and can't notice that we're being treated to second-rate crappy writing.

John Piermarini wrote on his blog that he pitched Beth Phoenix vs. The Great Khali for WrestleMania. The storyline would have been that Beth wanted to kiss him. KHALI VS. BETH, people! If that's not further proof that the Creative Team is insane, I don't know what is.
So they're bad because when the internet ruins things they try to fix them?

Also, Henry jobbing to ryder wasn't bad, he was wounded. He won't lose steam. Plus he's been booked to have shown weakness for at least a month (getting DQed against show and running from sheamus before that). Also, if you think Show vs Henry is boring, you don't understand wrsetling and should probably go watch 2 indy guys in baggy pands no sell headdrops for 30 minutes.

1)the no confidence storyline lead to HHH bein ousted. So....yea, it led somewhere
2)Ace is supposed to be dry on the mic THAT'S HIS FUCKING CHARACTER, IT'S WHY PEOPLE BOO HIM, he's the typical emotionless corporate kiss ass.
3)....was very over, so you're wrong, book like a businessman, not like a mark
4)....was very over, again, read #3
5) Okay, so him being able to talk out of the blue is unrealistic? So is him not being able to talk. shit, for that matter, so is pivoting on your right foot, grabbing the top rope, leaning, then running back at a guy when you're irish whipped into the ropes. So is the idea of giant fighting robots. However, WWE stays in the realm of reality they've created. At least no one has birthed hands this year.
6) Who even remembers this? Non-issue.
7) Yea, that was a bad segment, but I'm guessing it was purposely bad since it led to Rock coming out and a bunch of promo jokes on it afterwards. Even if it wasn't planned, they worked with it and made it fit.
8) Why was this bad? Rhodes beating him made Rhodes a bigger deal because zeke is a big guy.
9) Yea, they do this shit all the time. That one does kinda bug me. however, it may tie into a story later on and make sense. we don't know the whole story.
10) They tried and the superstars failed. It's not heavily featured anymore, they're doing their job. If you bat a guy cleanup and he hits .200, then you move him to 8th in the order and only against lefties, that's all you can ask a manager to do. Same thing here.
11) is online only is it not? And it gives guys a little bit more exposure than they would have otherwise have gotten. it's nto like it's taking up time on Raw
12) I thought they had only confirmed he would be at survivor series and in an elimination tag, not with Cena? So no, they didn't advertise "Rock and Cena as a team".
13) This is pro wrestling, not an "best picture" movie. the WWE has less plotholes than most summer blockbusters. Not only that, but a lot of what you said could still be explained.
14) So what? It was a bit of a letdown that it wasn't someone else, but it fits the story and isn't impossible. It's not like he got himself pregnant or something insane.

The Khali/Beth thing....."further proof"? Further proof that someone said something that supposedly happen that they DIDN'T FUCKING DO? Ever hear of brainstorming? sometimes the best ways to get creative ideas flowing is to just spitball and throw anything out, unfiltered. So he could have just thrown that out. Sure you'll be a douche and say "well still, the fact that he even said it" but that's not how brainstorming works. You don't restrict any ideas and then once all the ideas are you, you narrow it down. It helps release creative ideas and a lot of good ideas can come off bad ones.

As much as you said "the only way you praise them is if you pick out small pieces"....it seems that only if you're pessimistic about everything and nitpick everything, and look for negatives that you think they're bad. Most of your points weren't very good ones. Maybe you should stop wrestling if stuff like Hornswaggle bugs you.

Also, WWE is almost always near the top of any metric of popularity. At the end of the day, that means they're doing their job. If you analysed booking in the attitude era the way you just did, your list would be a lot longer.

Also, most viewers DO have low attention spans. Have you been living under a rock? It's like that across the board. especially with lower income (less educated) people that the audience typically consists of.

These two things are far too irrelevant to complain about and makes me think you're just looking for reasons to bitch...

And bitch...

And bitch....

And bitch.....

And bitch.........

[/punk]

1) They're trying, after several years of treading water and expecting to do well just because they are the WWe. Now, whilst some of it does appear to be hit and miss, and there is a legitimate claim of hotshotting storylines, it would take an extreme cynic to not see that they are trying to give the product back some edge.

2) Reinvigorating Mark Henry & Big Show. Both these guys look like legitimate monsters again, rather than extra weight to be carried in tag teams (which bodes well for the return of Kane).

3) Dropping the Celebrity Guest Host(s) EVERY week. Having Hugh Jackman and the Muppets on worked better than the previous week in, week out concept because it was a change to the norm rather than the constant :wtf: system with Santino, Hornswoggle and the Bellas 'comedy' segments.

4) Attempting to create viable new headliners. Some may argue that it's still Cena and then everyone else; but the fact that Punk, Del Rio, Henry, Christian and (to lesser extents) Big Show, Truth, Ziggler, Ryder, Rhodes and Barrett have all been heavily involved in top line stories show more of a willingness to get more guys over in a meaningful way.

5) The Divas finally appear to have a storyline. The athletes versus models is, at the very least, more interesting than what preceded were we had two faces turning over DBD already having a girlfriend or the main way for heel to garner heat was to make fun of their opponents physical faults (see 'Piggy' James or the Bellas send off for Kharma).

1) They put out 50 weeks of entertaining programming every year.
2) They've pushed Mark Henry appropriately, and given him the title.
3) Made the IC and US titles worth following.
4) Zach Ryder's US title chase.
5) The (hopefully) slow build of John Cena's heel turn.
6) The 1/2/2012 Promos.

Thing is, the creative team often do a lot of things that a lot of people disagree with. Sometimes they piss me off but more often than not, they do a lot of good too. Also, if reports are true, it must be quite difficult for them to work if Vince comes in and vetos everything they've done hours before going live, forcing them to re-write shows.

So they're bad because when the internet ruins things they try to fix them?

Also, Henry jobbing to ryder wasn't bad, he was wounded. He won't lose steam. Plus he's been booked to have shown weakness for at least a month (getting DQed against show and running from sheamus before that). Also, if you think Show vs Henry is boring, you don't understand wrsetling and should probably go watch 2 indy guys in baggy pands no sell headdrops for 30 minutes.

1)the no confidence storyline lead to HHH bein ousted. So....yea, it led somewhere
2)Ace is supposed to be dry on the mic THAT'S HIS FUCKING CHARACTER, IT'S WHY PEOPLE BOO HIM, he's the typical emotionless corporate kiss ass.
3)....was very over, so you're wrong, book like a businessman, not like a mark
4)....was very over, again, read #3
5) Okay, so him being able to talk out of the blue is unrealistic? So is him not being able to talk. shit, for that matter, so is pivoting on your right foot, grabbing the top rope, leaning, then running back at a guy when you're irish whipped into the ropes. So is the idea of giant fighting robots. However, WWE stays in the realm of reality they've created. At least no one has birthed hands this year.
6) Who even remembers this? Non-issue.
7) Yea, that was a bad segment, but I'm guessing it was purposely bad since it led to Rock coming out and a bunch of promo jokes on it afterwards. Even if it wasn't planned, they worked with it and made it fit.
8) Why was this bad? Rhodes beating him made Rhodes a bigger deal because zeke is a big guy.
9) Yea, they do this shit all the time. That one does kinda bug me. however, it may tie into a story later on and make sense. we don't know the whole story.
10) They tried and the superstars failed. It's not heavily featured anymore, they're doing their job. If you bat a guy cleanup and he hits .200, then you move him to 8th in the order and only against lefties, that's all you can ask a manager to do. Same thing here.
11) is online only is it not? And it gives guys a little bit more exposure than they would have otherwise have gotten. it's nto like it's taking up time on Raw
12) I thought they had only confirmed he would be at survivor series and in an elimination tag, not with Cena? So no, they didn't advertise "Rock and Cena as a team".
13) This is pro wrestling, not an "best picture" movie. the WWE has less plotholes than most summer blockbusters. Not only that, but a lot of what you said could still be explained.
14) So what? It was a bit of a letdown that it wasn't someone else, but it fits the story and isn't impossible. It's not like he got himself pregnant or something insane.

The Khali/Beth thing....."further proof"? Further proof that someone said something that supposedly happen that they DIDN'T FUCKING DO? Ever hear of brainstorming? sometimes the best ways to get creative ideas flowing is to just spitball and throw anything out, unfiltered. So he could have just thrown that out. Sure you'll be a douche and say "well still, the fact that he even said it" but that's not how brainstorming works. You don't restrict any ideas and then once all the ideas are you, you narrow it down. It helps release creative ideas and a lot of good ideas can come off bad ones.

As much as you said "the only way you praise them is if you pick out small pieces"....it seems that only if you're pessimistic about everything and nitpick everything, and look for negatives that you think they're bad. Most of your points weren't very good ones. Maybe you should stop wrestling if stuff like Hornswaggle bugs you.

Also, WWE is almost always near the top of any metric of popularity. At the end of the day, that means they're doing their job. If you analysed booking in the attitude era the way you just did, your list would be a lot longer.

Also, most viewers DO have low attention spans. Have you been living under a rock? It's like that across the board. especially with lower income (less educated) people that the audience typically consists of.

I did not "nitpick". I didn't have to look for some small unimportant plot hole in a storyline to say the Creative Team sucks. "Who lowered the Cell" was clearly a big question at that PPV. The lame "Nash texted himself" storyline was a central part of Raw for a month. And the Cole/Lawler feud was a central storyline for MONTHS.

You further proved that to say something good about the CT, you have to ignore major faults. Lawler was over so it worked? Really? That's your justification? Lawler was over before Michael Cole was even in the WWE. And Cole was over as a heel since his turn on NXT before he ever started attacking Lawler. The feud did nothing except produce insanely bad matches.

Also, Zeke's push was horrible. Sure, it led to Cody taking the title, but I'm not talking about Cody's reign, I'm talking about Zeke's. Ezekiel's feud with Wade was terrible, their matches were terrible, and his reign was terrible.

And what are those terrible excuses like "It's online so it doesn't matter" or "this isn't a best picture" movie. Just because professional wrestling isn't competing for Oscars doesn't mean it has to cease making sense. The fact is that WWE features wrestling surrounded by stories. And these stories just aren't making sense. A lot of them lack continuity, progression and sometimes even logic. I understand that in WWE's universe, Hornswoggle couldn't speak, but when in their universe could Mick Foley magically grant him a voice? I never saw this magical part of Foley's character before. And to say that the GM angle isn't that bad because it can still be continued later on is not an excuse. The GM angle shouldn't be dropped and then continued in 6 months. They spent almost 400 days on that story just to bench it as if it wasn't important.

They are lazy writers. Mentioning Beth/Khali was just an example of how dumb their ideas can be. Thank God they at least dumped that idea, but it doesn't change the fact that it was actually considered. A Creative Team shouldn't even come up with dumb things like that. They should always be creative. That's their job. Their job isn't to pile up crap and then dig for gold in the pile. They are supposed to consistently spout out good ideas day-in and day-out. If they can't, then they should quit.

And how could you sit there with a straight face and say that you enjoyed the Big Show vs. Mark Henry matches? I do like straight up brawls, but that's not what these guys are doing. They worked a horribly slow match at Survivor Series with hardly any brawling or wrestling involved.

I love wrestling too, but I don't blindly love it. I know most of it sucks, but what keeps me around is the potential it has to be great and hoping someday it will come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back