Say Something Nice About... Michael Cole

1. He has quite good chemistry with Booker T(not so much with King though).
2. He gets amazing heat.
3. When he actually calls the match, he is really good at it.

Well, for one, he's the best commentator the WWE has. I know that statement might be controversial to some, but think about it. This guy has been doing the job since the late 90's and is excellent at calling the action when he actually does. He always puts some kind of emotion into his calls and tells the story of what is going on in the match very well. His heel character can get in the way a lot of the time, but a lot of people confuse that with his actual commentating ability, which is silly. If anything, Lawler is the problem on Raw, because he contributes nothing meaningful to the broadcasts anymore besides getting into meaningless arguments with Cole. Booker is such a better foil for him right now.

I have to agree. I never thought I'd say this, but The Heel, butt kissing, puppy loving King is gone. He doesn't even sound excited to even call most matches anymore. But when he's with JR, King sometimes reverts to his old self. You were right about foils. Booker is to Cole to JR is to King.

I never thought Michael was THAT bad of an announcer prior to WWE trying to make him a heel. I think the crowd reaction he got had more to do with him replacing the irreplacable Jim Ross, and fans were going to hate whoever got that spot.

To be honest, when Joey Styles replaced around 2005 (I think JR was off having another surgery or something) I actually liked it. Styles would have some great emotion calling the action. Cole, Idk. The only time I remember liking Cole was in 1999 when he and King were together, but that was mostly cause King was hilarious back then and made Cole look good.

Then, Cole only sounded good afterwards when he was with Tazz and even that annoyed me. Two face commentators always agreeing was just...weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back