Say Something Nice About WWE [Part 1]

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
So, I decided to start a weekly series about WWE. As most of you I'm sure are aware of, things can get a bit negative when talking about WWE. Anything that's even said in a positive light, it has something negative attached.

Obviously, that's fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, everything needs a bit of moderation.

So, with that in mind, I'll be putting this "series" out every Sunday or early Monday and you have to come up with one thing from the last week of WWE television that you really enjoyed and had virtually no complaints about. Or, at least, you don't complain about it here. Just a little bit of fun. I know that WWE can take the criticism. This is just for entertainment, obviously.

I'll start us off.

Last night, at Elimination Chamber, I really liked the World Heavyweight Championship match between Edge, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, Kane, Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett.

The match had a decent pace, used the Chamber well and the spots were done very well. To me, it was the match of the night. Also, I enjoyed when at the end, the match had a story with the last two guys being the first two guys and both having a grudge with Alberto del Rio.

Then, at the end, you got to see a legitimate match between Mysterio and Edge that went back and forth pretty well. Really enjoyed it.

What about you guys?

The effort WWE has been putting in lately.

I'm very happy with the product. Last week with The Rock's return, CM Punk's monster-heel role, Dolph Ziggler's push, Alberto Del Rio winning the Royal Rumble, Booker T and Kevin Nash appearing at the Rumble and last night in the way they highlighted and brought back Christian.

Also I'm a supporter of the young talent innitotive. I think that it can do nothing but good within WWE, and some of the young talent I really want to see in the main event picture.

The Hall of Fame. Recognition of great wrestler's throughout the years from all wrestling circuits is amazing and definately respectable.

But for a more recent positive based comment, I'd like to say the upcoming Tough Enough program they're developing. Great deal of star power, and if done like the original should prove to be hugely successful.

from ring music, to vingettes, to grand entrances, to larger than life characters nobody does it better than the WWE. The WWE IS THE SHOW and why the majority of wrestling fans are fans in the first place.

WWE has been doing a great job lately of elevating young talent. In the past few years we've seen the rise of people like CM Punk, John Morrison, Jeff Hardy(eventhough he left), Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, and Miz just to name a few. WWE is proving that it isn't just about the old guys being on top all the time, but that it's about the old guys holding down the fort while they help the next generation bring themselves up so they can carry the company when the time comes. That is one of the many reasons why WWE is the best wrestling promotion in the world.

I like how they are letting Morrison grow. I really love how they haven't rushed to put a World Title on him. When he finally gets it, it won't be considered too soon, or a fluke. It will be called his time.

The one thing I will narrow down as something nice to say about WWE, is they are doing a great job with John Morrison. I think they are taking a smart angle in building him as a star. They are letting him do really innovative things out there physically and he is starting to steal the show on a regular basis.

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;2870804 said:
WWE has been doing a great job lately of elevating young talent. In the past few years we've seen the rise of people like CM Punk, John Morrison, Jeff Hardy(eventhough he left), Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, and Miz just to name a few. WWE is proving that it isn't just about the old guys being on top all the time, but that it's about the old guys holding down the fort while they help the next generation bring themselves up so they can carry the company when the time comes. That is one of the many reasons why WWE is the best wrestling promotion in the world.

This 100% their really letting the younger stars talents shine. We have Morrison who is able to steal the spotlight in any match he's in. We have Dolph Ziggler who has had excellent wrestling matches with main guys from both brands and is getting a main event push.CM Punk who has really established his character as the top heel in the company right now.

The way WWE has been promoting young talent over the last few years. Guys like Barrett, McIntyre, Sheamus, Bryan, Morrison, Miz, Slater, Gabriel, Riley are all being given a fair opportunity now compared to what might have happened in previous years.

I am actually enjoying The Miz as champion and his program with Lawler. It was a nice way to build up the Miz as a legitmate champion without feeding him Cena. I think that if they keep the title on Miz after WM then it will definately be a sign of good things to come for him.

The one thing I personally want to mention and it has nothing to do with during the past week but how thoughtful Vince is. To pay for any past wrestler with drug or alcohol problems just shows how he does take care of past and present employees. I know how scott hall is very thankful to him. I hope scott gets the help he needs.

The one thing I personally want to mention and it has nothing to do with during the past week but how thoughtful Vince is. To pay for any past wrestler with drug or alcohol problems just shows how he does take care of past and present employees. I know how scott hall is very thankful to him. I hope scott gets the help he needs.

THIS.

Excellent thing to point out, and also very true. Vince gets a lot of shtick for what he did in the past when it comes to steroids, but its nice to see how he's helping anybody that needs it in a business which seems to have miniscule dependancy on drugs.

I agree with all these comments. The WWE is doing a great job with keeping the rising stars balanced with the main eventers. Most of the members of the Nexus [McGillicutty, Ryan, Otunga] are hopefully going to be main eventers in the years to come. All of the members of the Corre are also WWE's future. The only man I left out is Husky because we can all agree that he's not going to last IMO. All WWE has left is Cena, Orton, Edge, 'Taker, and Mysterio. Thats 5 main eventers versus the 15 plus superstars that are going to become big in a couple of years.

I like how their booking is pretty consistant and how much better this years raod to wrestlemania is compared to last years. they also seem to be pushing alot of new people like Ziggler and Del Rio which is a nice refresh to the WH title scene.

I absolutely love what WWE creative is doing with Alberto Del Rio, and all the younger talent in general. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to see them let the veterans shine because they have earned it but I am glad guys like Miz and Del Rio are getting the push they deserve. I hope he takes the title at Mania but kind of doubt it seeing as Edge hasn't won at Mania since Chicago @ WM22.

Only nice thing I have is I still like how WWE likes to turn things up around WrestleMania.

The return of Nash, Booker, Christian, The Rock, Undertaker, HHH. All on the Road to WrestleMania.

WWE may not be good all year 'round, but they get serious around WrestleMania. I commend them for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back