SAW: Video Game Coming In 2009

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Game Based on Saw Movies Due Next Year

Brash Entertainment announced that a game based on the gruesome series of Saw movies will be released some time next year.

Technically, the Jigsaw puppet announced it at a press event, after telling a room full of game journalists that they were wasting their lives in the industry. You have to admit, he kind of has a point.

The game is due out for 360 and PS3 in October 2009 (in time for Halloween, of course), and will thread its way through the plots of the films. The studio will be collaborating closely with the developers, so the game should at least look and sound just like the movies.

Movie tie-in games usually aren't all that great, but if handled properly, a Saw title could be fantastic. The movies are basic blueprints for a game already, with easily definable goals, puzzles, and life-threatening situations. Add that to the type of visuals and sound that are possible on the 360 and the PS3, and you have the potential for a very, very scary experience.

Of course, it could end up just being a collection of lame minigames that kill in spectacularly horrible ways if you fail, which would be rather disappointing. To keep yourself up to date on the Saw game's progress, register at WhoIsJigsaw.com.

Thats right....they're finally making a SAW game that is coming out in 2009 for the PS3 and the XBOX 360 and prolly the PC. Being the fan that is I know I will prolly get it, but knowing how most movie games go this one should pretty much suck. But hey I could be surprised and it kick ass so i guess I shall wait and see. Though I am quite surprised that they haven't tried a SAW game earlier, buthey better late than never.

Anyone else like the idea of a SAW video game?

Hmmm... I don't know about this. Depending on if its a good game or not, (like the article said, if it's just a bunch of mini-games, thats fucking horrible), it could revamp the getting-old-too-soon franchise. But, it would probably be extremely gory violent, and terrifying. So, based on those credentials, the game itself will probably be blamed for hundreds of murders, because the murderers owned the game. Based on the movies alone though, the game will most likely be pretty good. I'm looking forward to it.

After all the crap about Bully and Manhunt, i cannot even see this getting to the shops.

I mean i adore the films but if they do not make this sick and amazingly violent then it will not be worthy.

Thats right....they're finally making a SAW game that is coming out in 2009 for the PS3 and the XBOX 360 and prolly the PC. Being the fan that is I know I will prolly get it, but knowing how most movie games go this one should pretty much suck. But hey I could be surprised and it kick ass so i guess I shall wait and see. Though I am quite surprised that they haven't tried a SAW game earlier, buthey better late than never.

Anyone else like the idea of a SAW video game?

I can't get excited for this. Everytime they announce a game based on a movie I do the same thing and I get the same result. I wait until my issue of Game Informer comes in the mail, I open to the review and see the same big 5.5 out of 10 score. Games based on movies generally suck. Its almost as reliable as the phases of the moon.

As for SAW, I would say that the minigame assumption is a fair one, but its too early to tell.

I am very excited about this prospect. I've always loved the Saw films. I have to say this because my Jogsaw doll is looking at me..

I'd rather it came out on Wii because I prefer that console. However I'll end up getting it on Xbox. I never get games on Pc because if I do I don't use them. When I'm on the computer I'm on the internet lol.

I'm very intrigued as to how this game will work. Will probably have scenarios from the films, but different answers, or new scenarios they couldn't get into the films. It should be a good game anyway, the films are good enough to carry it over.

I kinda like the idea of this game, but I would absolutly hate it if they went scene for scene from the movies, it would be so much better if they made a whole new storyline to work with, that way you'd actually get a surprise, and wou;ldn't know exactly what was going to happen.

I agree with derf. The movie as a game just wouldn't work, as everyone has seen it and itd be like watchign the movie again. Also, what kind of a game are we really getting? Saw is just violent and im not sure how this could be made into a game that could get down to a mature rating. Could work though, still too early to say.

I have no idea how this'll turn out. The movies are good, but usually games based on movies suck. There is a select few that are good, and hopefully this is one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back