• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Saw V?

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
I hate to tell everybody this, but in October 2008, there will be the 5th installment to the SAW series hitting theaters worldwide. Now don't get me wrong, but isn't pretty much everybody dead now? Jigsaw is dead, his assistant is dead, Donnie Wahlberg is dead, the guy who killed Jigsaw is dead, and the guy who played the game in Saw IV is dead. So what the hell is going on? How in the hell do you have more Saw movies without Jigsaw?

Well I guess the premise of this one is that the cop revealed to be the new Jigsaw killer is now going to take out anyone who may even suspect that he is now Jigsaw. Now sure how much this can work but am I the only one that now sees the Saw movie franchise now becoming like the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies where they just keep doing them for the hell of it?

Yes i feel what you are saying. See what people don't understand is the more sequels you make the worst the movie franchise gets. They should of had Jigsaw staty alive through all these movies or have Amanda his apprentice take over which would have been the smart thing and would make sense perfectly. Also if they did the rest of the saw movies like the first one instead of a gore fest then they would be great.

I don't know how they are going to do it, but I leave that to the writer's to figure out. I will definitely be going to see this when it comes out. I am a big fan of the series. I agree that they have progressivly gotten worse in the last couple of years. But they are still the best horror movies out right now. I remember seeing the first Saw and walking out of the movie with a smile on my face. I have never had that happened. It has since happened with the other Saw movies as well. Can't wait for Saw V.

The thing is, each movie has a budget of around $10 million. They have the good business sense to release it right before Halloween, and they usually take in $30 million the first weekend. When it's all said and done, They make about $60 million in the theaters, and then more from DVD sales/rentals afterwards.

The first movie was great, and probably my favorite horror movie of all time. The second movie was still a fun sequel, but the last two have been average, with the twist pretty much visible from a mile away. I'm surprised that they've shown restraint in bringing back the Dr. Gordon character, saying that he somehow survived after chopping off his goddamn foot. But with Hoffman apparently getting tested in this movie, I can see a scenario where they somehow bring back Dr. Gordon.

I still don't know how they got two actresses with a lot of buzz right now (Julie Benz and Meghan Good) to star in this. The actors in the Saw movies are usually either people who are no-names, or on the way down.

I'll still check this out, either in theaters or on DVD.

The first Saw was Epic. it was one of the best movie's i had seen in ages i remember going to see it at the movies at least four times. the second was ok but it's always hard to make a sequal as good as the first one. i watched the 3rd but didnt think it was that impressive. i havent seen the fourth and dont think i will waste my time watching it. and a fifth one? you have got to be kidding me, Sadly what jake siad in another post is true, as long as they will make money they will continue making the prequals. no matter how awful they are. lets just pray this will be the last one.

Actually Sparky they will make a Saw 6 after this one. And all horror movies mostly have nobody actors or actors on the fall. But maybe some young stars won't hurt like Shia Lebeouf, Nick Cannon, Meagan Good, ect. And even though the last Saw movies were not that good Saw is still one of the best horror movie franchises of all time.

The thing is, each movie has a budget of around $10 million. They have the good business sense to release it right before Halloween, and they usually take in $30 million the first weekend. When it's all said and done, They make about $60 million in the theaters, and then more from DVD sales/rentals afterwards.

The whole series so far has cost about $12 million. The whole series total so far has grossed a quester of a million dollars. So with profit like that they're just going to keep on making them. There is no reason for them to stop. Each year for the foreseeable future there will be a Saw film on at Halloween. And once they stop getting a cinema run, then comes the DTV movies.

I don't mind them. the first one is the only one worth truly watching. But most are entertaining. It's not something I'd go out of my way to see at the picture, but I'd buy the DVD on the cheap. Even though they have an adult certificate, the primary audience is for teenagers.

So yeah, not going to lie that I am unbelievably excited about the prospect of another Saw film. I love them. They all lead on from each other so well, and are the sort of horror which aren't stupid. Okay, it's not something that would ever happen, but it is something that could scare people enough at the thought of happening.

A film Saw is often compared to is hostel. And in terms of the gore involved I agree. But that's where the similarities stop. Saw has a proper story in it. One many could relate to. And it's one in which you don't know whether to hate or feel sorry for Jigsaw. It's directed excellently in this part specifically. Saw has gore for a reason. Hostel does it just to have it.

Now, as much as I am excited, I'm also confused as to how this would work. As you so rightly say, Jigsaw is dead. One possible way I can see it continuing, is as if there are a few traps people have yet to find. Maybe a game still running. It's a long shot, but it's one in which the police would have to hurry to solve, as they wouldn't even have Jigsaw to get clues.

If I remmber correctly, there are a few angles they could go with in terms of games they've hinted at but in which we never got coverage.

Another way I could see it happening is as if someone takes over. Someone who has been in most films and who we wouldn't expect it of. Maybe a poilice officer, or the relative of one of the victims. Or even a survivor.

Hope it comes out on my brthday anyway.

I hate to tell everybody this, but in October 2008, there will be the 5th installment to the SAW series hitting theaters worldwide. Now don't get me wrong, but isn't pretty much everybody dead now? Jigsaw is dead, his assistant is dead, Donnie Wahlberg is dead, the guy who killed Jigsaw is dead, and the guy who played the game in Saw IV is dead. So what the hell is going on? How in the hell do you have more Saw movies without Jigsaw?

Well I guess the premise of this one is that the cop revealed to be the new Jigsaw killer is now going to take out anyone who may even suspect that he is now Jigsaw. Now sure how much this can work but am I the only one that now sees the Saw movie franchise now becoming like the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies where they just keep doing them for the hell of it?

Of course, if there's money to be made you'd better believe that someone will be contracted to write a quick script that's almost completely devoid of any storyline or plot and just filled with gore. I thought the first two Saw movies were okay, they fulfilled the "I need to see gross crap" movies, but at times I like to think I'm not watching the same movie over and over. In the Saw franchise's case, that's how I feel. I have a feeling Saw 5 will debut at #1 and still be exactly like the first through third movies.

I used to have great anticipation over the SAW movies but, after the last one, I no longer really look forward to them. The last one contradicted alot of the evidence brought into play in the third installment and involved alot of flashbacking and backtracking. It was like watching a Best of SAW movie with a little bit of new footage added in for effect. I mean, I understand that it's smart business to make then when the return alone is about 5 to 6 fold. But if they aren't going to get better, then why bother? The concept if old. The traps are now boring. And the whole overall look is no longer scary. They make these films faster than direct to video sequels of American Pie. It's like a Halloween tradition gone wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back