Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, The great white mexican ginger hope.

Super Hans

we we we so excited, we so excited.
The man they call Saul Alvarez or “Canelo” has arrived to the United States and made a nice little splash knocking out Carlos Baldomir, and Jose “Miguel” Cotto and decisioning veteran journeyman Lovemore N’Dou in his last outing. Oscar De La Hoya has said “Canelo” brings out rockstar type crowds. Golden Boy is trying to find that next great Mexican star. With guys like Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Shane Mosley and Sergio Martinez retiring in the next few years, it’s time for the next generation of boxing stars to emerge into greatness. Saul Alvarez might be one of those breakout stars.
Tonight he is fighting for his first international/world title and if he wins(which is heavily expected) he will become the youngest Mexican world champion ever, leapfrogging such greats as Barrera, Chavez, De La Hoya, Vargas and many more.
How far do you think this kid can go? You yanks must have been hearing about him for a while now and i know golden boy are promoting the hell out of him, we have not heard a thing over here about him and unless you are a boxing fanatic like myself over the pond then you would think he was another hypejob, but after watching this 20 year old decimate seasoned opponents put in front of him, i think he is the real deal, if you are American you should watch HBO Boxing after dark and see the next "golden boy".

My question is, how far do you see Canelo going?

Truthfully, it depends on how they match him. I'm not really in favor of protecting fighters, especially not to the level that guys like Andre Berto seem to be getting protected (though, Victor Ortiz is a decent enough opponent,) I can understand this in the case of Mr. Cinnamon.

He's had a plethora of fights and is getting tons of exposure. However, not even a fully grown man yet. He's not even able to legally drink in this country at this point. He needs two or three years to fully develop in technique, weight and experience.

Nonetheless, if managed correctly, I think he can be a solid professional. He may never beat the Pacquiao's or Mayweather's of the world, but he can reach perhaps the Miguel Cotto level in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back